collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Growing Up is Hard to Do  (Read 2466 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Growing Up is Hard to Do
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 06:03:50 AM »
I think at the start, some points may have been to pay homage to the older gens... but basically after staff changes that may have not been the case.

Any, it's weird to me that Scoots wings are they way they are... especially since all the other Pegasus foals that are about her age have the exact same wings as her, though still possible they would have been stunted... but what is really weird is that wouldn't they have grown just a bit more with her? It looks like the animators decided just to c/p her original wing size right onto her supposed adult body... but I could be mistaken
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 06:13:14 AM »
To be honest, I always found myself assuming there were more homages to G1-G3.5 than "jabs" - I was wrong on a few accounts, like (pegasus) G1 Twilight's cutie mark being on Twilight Sparkle's door at the Golden Oak Library (it was a coincidence)

Wait, what? That was a mere coincidence? They should have claimed it since it made so much sense as an Easter Egg.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »

This episode also basically confirmed that scootaloo will never be able to fly. if you look at it as the pegasus equivalent of being physically disabled, I can kind of appreciate them going for that option; though who knows if that's what they intended, or if they just couldn't be bothered to give a definite answer.  :shrug:
Has this been outright confirmed in this episode via words?  Because;
I believe Lauren Faust herself said somewhere that Scootaloo was never intended to fly.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 01:39:21 PM »
Wait, what? That was a mere coincidence? They should have claimed it since it made so much sense as an Easter Egg.
I heard someone say that it was revealed that it was a coincidence, but I have not heard the creators say it.  It's a shame if it is, because it looked like a clever way to do a shout out all things considered.  I remember getting quite excited when I noticed it...

I believe Lauren Faust herself said somewhere that Scootaloo was never intended to fly.
She did, but she also said that the reason Scootaloo hasn't flown yet was because she hadn't "figured it out yet", suggesting that the storyline of her never flying was scrapped, at least while Lauren was still around, be it her choice or not.

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal