collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can anyone find these back card stories?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
Can anyone find these back card stories?
« on: December 07, 2019, 03:49:19 PM »
I'm trying to find the back cards for G1 Regentropfen (Raindrop), MB Thundercloud, Napper, and G3 Glitter Glide!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:27:47 AM by Twizel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Can anyone find these back card stories?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »
Here's Napper's! :)

Napper walked outside one night and could not find the moon! She looked everywhere in the sky-under the rainbow, behind the stars and in the Milky Way--but her nighttime friend was nowhere in sight. Finally, she saw a glowing cloud and flew up to see what was making it shine. When she arrived at the cloud, she found the moon asleep on the soft, fluffy cloud! Napper gave the moon a big hug, covering herself with moondust that glittered and sparkled like stars!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 06:31:06 AM »
I've got a rough transcription of Regentropfen's, typed up from a blurry photo so some of it might be off... unfortunately something happened to the copy I saved and all the special characters got turned into ¶s and such >_< Damn mojibake - must have saved it wrong or something... hopefully this is at least somewhat helpful? Maybe others could help fill in the blanks?

Als Regentropfen frölich uber die Felder sprang, bemerkte sie kleine Blumen, die traurig ihre Köpfchen ien Sonnenschein hängen beßen, als ob sie müade wären. "Hallo!" sagte sie, aber sie antworteten nicht. "Ich weiß!" sagte sie zu sich selbst, "Sie müssen durstig sein, au einem so warmen Tag". So sprühte sie silberne Regentropfen über den ganzen Berghang, bis die Blumen angfingen ihre Köpfe zu heben.
"Dankenschön Regentropfen!" riefen die Blumen, als sie noch einen Regenbogen an den Himmel zauberte, um sie glücklich zu machen.

+ rough Google Translate translation I had saved with it:

As Raindrop frolicked around the fields, she noticed a small patch of flowers who drooped sadly in the sunlight, as if they were tired. "Hello!" she said, but they didn't answer. "I know!" she said to herself, "You must be thirsty, on such a warm day." So she sprayed silver raindrops all over the slope until the flowers began to raise their heads. "Thank you very much, Raindrop!" called the flowers, as they cast a rainbow in the sky, to make [the ponies/Raindrop] happy(/lucky).

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:59:47 AM »
Here's G3 Glitter Glide's

Glitter Glide loves to skate especially when she spins round and round.

I love Napper's story. :lovey:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 08:28:21 AM »
That was fast! Thanks, guys! I made a small typo in my original post - I was of course talking about the Mountain Boy, Thundercloud.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 02:06:37 AM »
I think Regentropfen's German backcard should say:
Als Regentropfen frölich uber die Felder sprang, bemerkte sie kleine Blumen, die traurig ihre Köpfchen im Sonnenschein hängen beelen, als ob sie müde wären. "Hallo!" sagte sie, aber sie antworteten nicht. "Ich weiß!" sagte sie zu sich selbst, "Sie müssen durstig sein, au einem so warmen Tag". So sprühte sie silberne Regentropfen über den ganzen Berghang, bis die Blumen angfingen ihre Köpfe zu heben.
"Dankenschön Regentropfen!" riefen die Blumen, als sie noch einen Regenbogen an den Himmel zauberte, um sie glücklich zu machen.

Here's what it says about Thundercloud in the UK factfile; the factfile usually uses backcard stories so this is probably his backcard story :)
Thundercloud is very wise and all of the ponies go to ask his advice if they have a problem. But although he may sometimes seem stern, the Baby Ponies know that deep inside he's really very kind.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »
Thanks Shaz :) That looks about right. I'm kicking myself for saving it incorrectly, no idea how that happened >_<

Thundercloud's story is cute ^^ I love the fact file.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 10:19:17 AM »
The factfile actually doesn't have as many backcard matches as we originally thought since UK cards have emerged BUT...it does tend to be correct for card stories for 1987 ponies so I would be pretty sure that's Thundercloud's bc story.

I am still annoyed I don't have my childhood cards as he was one of mine. But the Factfile story matches the Tornado card I have and the images of Fireball's I've seen so I think you're safe that Shaz has completed your puzzle with her post. Most of the UK early stories are shorter than the US ones.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal