collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Daring Doubt  (Read 3692 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Daring Doubt
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 07:34:04 AM »
Huh, really? :o I'd be surprised if they were totally anti-bible, I have a hard time imagining FHFIF/WoY didn't have *something* like that, what with all the chars they had to track.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 10:35:57 AM »
I believe in an interview she said she and McCracken do not do show bibles.  I believe McCarthy has confirmed there is no running reference material as well.

I always thought The Art of Equestria had excerpts from the show bible? Or at the very least the material they used instead of a show bible.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
I think that was a pitch Bible. If there's a difference.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »
Yeah.  She made a pitch bible, which is something created for the company giving a sense of the show's settings, characters, tone, etc.

And FHIF and WoY were designed to not need bibles.  Being imaginary friends, they can create whatever they possibly need.  Same with Wander where each planet has its own rules that suit the episode.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »
you missed my point - I meant, FHFIF had tons of recurring characters, I'd be surprised if they weren't tracking those somehow.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
How many of them have important story arcs that spanned more than an episode?  There were probably character sheets, but not a show bible keeping track of every development.

Also, FHfIF didn't run for as long as FiM (and the seasons were half the length) and didn't have the revolving door of independent writers FiM has had for the last half of its existence.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept track of things in G4 during the "Lauren-Era" somehow, even without an actual bible.  I have heard that Lauren asked Hasbro to allow her and the other to have a writer's room, so she was at least trying to keep the storylines coherent.  I have no idea if they kept one when she left, but I think they didn't (I've heard here there isn't a writer's room, but there was a sort of one when Lauren was around - basically a room that wasn't actually theirs, that they'd have to put up with other people using.

I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal