collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where do you go to make new friends as an adult?  (Read 6299 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you go to make new friends as an adult?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:04 AM »
I would recommend volunteering somewhere that sounds interesting. Great way to meet people and if you don't like it, you don't have to go back. Have to agree with others, Facebook is a great place for social networking locally and globally. There are some great pony peeps on there!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »
Maybe see if there are any free events happening in your area? One that i regular at is Karaoke, they do it every sunday at one bar, and every wednesday at another bar. me and a few friends from work try to hit them up a few times a month. I am stricktly not a singer lol, but weve become regulars and have made good friends with other regulars through this. Its a lot of fun!

I also try to find new learning experiences. my close friend and I did a Harry potter trivia/sign making workshop one night, and it was a BLAST, I didnt make any lasting friendships, but I did have a great time with a few nerdy strangers. :p

My last suggestion would be dating apps. Did you know theyre not just for dating? I use OKCupid, and you can set your status to just looking for friends, and I've made some actually really good friends through that app. We actually hang out in person fairly regularly.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 07:16:34 AM »
I've made better friends with a co-worker because we both play Pokemon Go and since I have "Go" Friends that I met on the arena from places like Estonia and Australia and Finland, we can trade Pokemon that came from far away and battle each other to finish up various research tasks.  Before I started playing we really didn't talk to each other at all.

So maybe you could try a game like that.  I know the Harry Potter "Wizards Unite" game is similar and there may be others that fit your personal tastes better.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »
I am struggling with the same. I am 37 years old, and the only one of my friends without children. I am lonely, because no one of my old friends really have time with small children. I see them, but maybe once or twice a month. My solution was volunteer work. I signed up with Red Cross in my area, and got a lot of new acquaintances (no friends yet!) AND learned something incredibly valuable- first aid. That did a lot to me personally, and changed the way I looked at my own value. I recommend it! :heart:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 04:15:58 AM »
I am struggling with the same. I am 37 years old, and the only one of my friends without children. I am lonely, because no one of my old friends really have time with small children. I see them, but maybe once or twice a month. My solution was volunteer work. I signed up with Red Cross in my area, and got a lot of new acquaintances (no friends yet!) AND learned something incredibly valuable- first aid. That did a lot to me personally, and changed the way I looked at my own value. I recommend it! :heart:

That sounds awesome!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 10:53:12 AM »
I'll follow this as I have the same problem. I came out of college with only one friend who still lives nearby, and she's still 45 minutes away and has no time to travel because of her two young children, so we're left to when our schedules match up and I'm able to drive.

I've tried making friendships at work, but its hard to maintain them after the job ends. Plus, I am socially awkward, so I need to find people that have a tolerance for that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 06:27:33 AM »
It is hard meeting new people :)

I joined the gym just over a year ago and have made a lovely friend who I go to classes with :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »
Following due to the fact it's smoozy how I live in a small village where nobody is like me. I have an added complication as well which makes friendships even harder to make. I  have no car & no licence either, so that is more smooze. I pretty much have nobody I see in person,  & everybody I converse with I do so online.

It's getting to the point I'm starting to think "Friendship is magic, & magic doesn't exist in the real world" :(
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »
I wanted to add:  if you are nerdy and want to make friends with fellow nerds, add something nerdy to your apparel.  I used to have a Cookie Cat messenger bag (from Steven Universe) and I had sooo many people strike up conversations with me.  Same thing when I wore a Rodimus Star pin (from Transformers MTMTE comic book).

Pins are great if you want to be subtle about it, just add one to your backpack or whatever.

There are also quite a few people out there who collect older gens of MLP so you could also try a MLP pin.  Lots of adorable retro ones on Etsy.  And even if it doesn't work, hey, you'll have a cute pin. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Septima Windsong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:42 PM »
I think I'll follow this topic too. I'm 22 and I have the same problem. For me it's not so hard to find new people to talk, it's hard to find somebody who gets me and who wants to be real friends.
Hobbies and work are really great possibilities to find new friends. I didn't make any friends at my old work, but made one in a music school. That's better than nothing :) Sometimes trying something new and sharing it can help you find nice people.

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2020, 11:51:12 PM »
I mostly found new friends at the barn, so yes, with a "public" activity you found people, and there's ok to speak with you because you share a common activity.

I'm a huge asocial and don't like to met new people, so I made friends via internet (they usually then, lives far from me - most of my friends lives far and we saw each other maybe twice a year or more with some luck), but it exist forums and group for your area I guess.
I'm ok with my way of living mostly alone now - I've lived a looong time with roomates, this helps too meeting new peoples in addition to makes your life cheapest. And if you've got at least one close friend in your area, you can try to met it's friends too.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Satin Slipper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2020, 08:23:45 PM »
Acmoore had Baking Classes,
Library's have lectures and Yoga Classes,
 Bowling Alley have Teams
Bars have Regulars so you can meet people?

Otherwise, I'm not really sure...
*Frolicking Away*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal