collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where do you go to make new friends as an adult?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+110)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
Re: Where do you go to make new friends as an adult?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 04:33:04 PM »
I would recommend volunteering somewhere that sounds interesting. Great way to meet people and if you don't like it, you don't have to go back. Have to agree with others, Facebook is a great place for social networking locally and globally. There are some great pony peeps on there!!

G4's for sale!
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 04:29:45 AM »
Maybe see if there are any free events happening in your area? One that i regular at is Karaoke, they do it every sunday at one bar, and every wednesday at another bar. me and a few friends from work try to hit them up a few times a month. I am stricktly not a singer lol, but weve become regulars and have made good friends with other regulars through this. Its a lot of fun!

I also try to find new learning experiences. my close friend and I did a Harry potter trivia/sign making workshop one night, and it was a BLAST, I didnt make any lasting friendships, but I did have a great time with a few nerdy strangers. :p

My last suggestion would be dating apps. Did you know theyre not just for dating? I use OKCupid, and you can set your status to just looking for friends, and I've made some actually really good friends through that app. We actually hang out in person fairly regularly.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
I've made better friends with a co-worker because we both play Pokemon Go and since I have "Go" Friends that I met on the arena from places like Estonia and Australia and Finland, we can trade Pokemon that came from far away and battle each other to finish up various research tasks.  Before I started playing we really didn't talk to each other at all.

So maybe you could try a game like that.  I know the Harry Potter "Wizards Unite" game is similar and there may be others that fit your personal tastes better.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
I am struggling with the same. I am 37 years old, and the only one of my friends without children. I am lonely, because no one of my old friends really have time with small children. I see them, but maybe once or twice a month. My solution was volunteer work. I signed up with Red Cross in my area, and got a lot of new acquaintances (no friends yet!) AND learned something incredibly valuable- first aid. That did a lot to me personally, and changed the way I looked at my own value. I recommend it! :heart:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
I am struggling with the same. I am 37 years old, and the only one of my friends without children. I am lonely, because no one of my old friends really have time with small children. I see them, but maybe once or twice a month. My solution was volunteer work. I signed up with Red Cross in my area, and got a lot of new acquaintances (no friends yet!) AND learned something incredibly valuable- first aid. That did a lot to me personally, and changed the way I looked at my own value. I recommend it! :heart:

That sounds awesome!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, Cha Cha, Red Roses... Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:
:green: Happy to do deals for Arena members on any of my stuff for sale on Ebay  :green:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »
I'll follow this as I have the same problem. I came out of college with only one friend who still lives nearby, and she's still 45 minutes away and has no time to travel because of her two young children, so we're left to when our schedules match up and I'm able to drive.

I've tried making friendships at work, but its hard to maintain them after the job ends. Plus, I am socially awkward, so I need to find people that have a tolerance for that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 02:27:33 PM »
It is hard meeting new people :)

I joined the gym just over a year ago and have made a lovely friend who I go to classes with :)

Love pkw xxx