collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATE! This...Month's Brag! So many pony things...  (Read 1103 times)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
UPDATE! This...Month's Brag! So many pony things...
« on: September 20, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »
I have been extremely lazy with posting images of my finds this past month >.< This is hardly a proper show-off but I know that if I procrastinate on it any longer, it'll never get done! So anyways, here are all my misc. pony finds/buys over the last couple months <3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Big ol' pile of pony goodness!

A bunch of plushies, two DVDs and one Fashion Style Pinkie <3 The three Twilight plushies were found at a local thrift store, the Twilight purse, DVDs, Pinkie FS and Pinkie newborn plush were found at Goodwill, and the RBD plush was found at the local antique mall! Interesting fact; that bigger Twilight Plush is handmade! I thought she was rather odd looking when I couldn't find a tag or evidence of one (at first I thought she was a clever fakie plush), but then I realized all her seams were hand-stitched. It's especially noticeable on her legs and wings. Very neat find for $3!

Peri Winkle and two McD's CMCs! Peri Winkle was found at Goodwill and the CMCs were found at a local thrift store.

All the blind bags I've bought over the last few months <3 The Sweetie Belle Fashem is the only second-hand find (she was found at our local antique mall). The rest were purchased from the Dollar General just down the road! They still have quite a few of the Wave 22 Blind Bags left, so I've been dropping in every so often and picking a couple up. So far I haven't gotten any doubles, which has been nice! The Butterscotch Retro Fashem was also found at another local Dollar General.

And last but not least, today I got a rather unexpected surprise upon visiting Hobby Lobby; three packs of G3.5 stickers, just sitting right there on the sticker rack in plain sight! I'm guessing they never sold and nobody bothered to take them off the shelf, so they've been there a good 9 years at this point >u<

---

As for upcoming pony news, I have a G1 Cuddles on the way here! I got her cheap off eBay after I watched the poor gal sit there forever. I couldn't resist giving her a home <3 I also have some exciting news! The owner of my local antique mall readily agreed to give me first notice whenever anyone brings ponies in, and she has a lady who says she has a bunch of ponies (including G1s!) at her home. The lady said she'd be happy to dig them out and bring them in so I can buy them from her. Hopefully I'll be getting a call about that soon!

Tomorrow I plan to go to some garage sales for pony-hunting, so wish me luck!

UPDATE 9/21:

Pony hunting was a success today!

It would seem I have a lot of things to show off this week! I went to some garage sales, a flea market, and two antique stores today! Here are my finds from those, plus a little pony mail brag towards the end <3

(The Lalaloopsy is going to be heading to a new home on Monday!)

First up, a G1 puzzle, my first G1 find this month! This was found for $10 at a little flea market in a neighboring town. I've never really found anything there, so imagine my surprise when I saw that lovely rainbow peeking out from behind a Sesame Street puzzle box! $10 is more than I would usually pay for a puzzle, but I couldn't pass it up. The puzzle itself is in pristine condition and the only wear and tear is on the outer edges of the box.

Kevin doll for $2 from an antique store! He is so lovely, I adore his eyes and the outfit <3 I'm a little bummed that he's missing one of his shoes; I'll have to find a replacement.

Sylveon plush from a garage sale

Grand Champions, also from a garage sale! These three, the Sylveon, and the Lalaloopsy only cost me $4 total. I had the stallion with the buttons when I was younger, and this one still works! They all cleaned up pretty nicely, too.

And last but not least...Cuddles! I bought her off eBay for $6 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure she was priced low because of all the marks she had on her NDS. Luckily I was correct in thinking they were all surface marks, and they came right out! She's a bit tipsy but otherwise lovely with only one little pink mark on her shoulder that wouldn't come out. I tried to preserve her factory curls, but her hair was just too gross not to wash so unfortunately they were partially messed up.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:34:52 PM by dakotadarkhooves »

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: This...Month's Brag! So many pony things...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 11:23:06 AM »
Congrats on all of them!!! So weird that g3 merch is still floating around, huh? So cool that you found them! I really like that Perriwinkle!
Good luck with garage sailing! Hope you can find G1s!  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: This...Month's Brag! So many pony things...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 02:07:10 PM »
You always seem to find neat stuff. :D
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: UPDATE! This...Month's Brag! So many pony things...
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
You always seem to find neat stuff. :D

Hehe thank you <3

Congrats on all of them!!! So weird that g3 merch is still floating around, huh? So cool that you found them! I really like that Perriwinkle!
Good luck with garage sailing! Hope you can find G1s!  :biggrin:

It really is haha! Thank you <3 It would seem that you gave me good luck, because today...

UPDATE 9/21:

Pony hunting was a success today!

It would seem I have a lot of things to show off this week! I went to some garage sales, a flea market, and two antique stores today! Here are my finds from those, plus a little pony mail brag towards the end <3

(The Lalaloopsy is going to be heading to a new home on Monday!)

First up, a G1 puzzle, my first G1 find this month! This was found for $10 at a little flea market in a neighboring town. I've never really found anything there, so imagine my surprise when I saw that lovely rainbow peeking out from behind a Sesame Street puzzle box! $10 is more than I would usually pay for a puzzle, but I couldn't pass it up. The puzzle itself is in pristine condition and the only wear and tear is on the outer edges of the box.

Kevin doll for $2 from an antique store! He is so lovely, I adore his eyes and the outfit <3 I'm a little bummed that he's missing one of his shoes; I'll have to find a replacement.

Sylveon plush from a garage sale

Grand Champions, also from a garage sale! These three, the Sylveon, and the Lalaloopsy only cost me $4 total. I had the stallion with the buttons when I was younger, and this one still works! They all cleaned up pretty nicely, too.

And last but not least...Cuddles! I bought her off eBay for $6 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure she was priced low because of all the marks she had on her NDS. Luckily I was correct in thinking they were all surface marks, and they came right out! She's a bit tipsy but otherwise lovely with only one little pink mark on her shoulder that wouldn't come out. I tried to preserve her factory curls, but her hair was just too gross not to wash so unfortunately they were partially messed up.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 07:01:37 AM »
 :lol: So cute!! I love Cuddles!! Congrats on finding her!!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 01:43:39 PM »
I have not seen that particular puzzle before!  Amazing find.  I've seen Baby Quackers pictured with blue hair before, but this is the first time I've seen baby Fifi portrayed with all pink hair instead of white w/ pink stripe.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal