collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker  (Read 10659 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay prices are insane lately, but this one's a real thinker
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2019, 11:34:06 AM »
The pegasus is the German variant of Princess Pearl, unless I miss my guess, which would make her on the more desireable end of the spectrum...
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh yeah!  Well there you go. One pony at least worth $20 or so-

The rest of the ponies... probably less than $10 each. 

I will confess that I did break down and email the seller with the names of each ponies, and let her know that they are not "Twice as Fancy" or "mail order" -

I tried to be as kind as possible since maybe there was some kind of listing error (like maybe the original or intended photo was of 6 MIB baby mail order TAF ponies...  which would appear to e the only reasonable explanation for the price)
Have you heard back?

I just looked at the "relisted" auction- he didn't even change the title- he is still misrepresenting the lot as vintage mail order twice as fancy ponies.   

I am honestly perplexed why he would relist without even correcting the clearly inaccurate information. So I guess it wasn't the wrong photo after all.  Just some guy who thinks his old ponies are worth a fortune.

You do run into them every so often.  It always cracks me up when I get someone at a yard sale wanting a fortune for some common pony like Firefly.  "This is a valuable collectible MY LITTLE PONY" I'll here.  Um, yes, but... not THAT valuable lady. Like $10 valuable on ebay, tops-  and generally people want to pay a little less at a yard sale...

:lol:

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »
The pegasus is the German variant of Princess Pearl, unless I miss my guess, which would make her on the more desireable end of the spectrum...
Spoiler

I will confess that I did break down and email the seller with the names of each ponies, and let her know that they are not "Twice as Fancy" or "mail order" -

I tried to be as kind as possible since maybe there was some kind of listing error (like maybe the original or intended photo was of 6 MIB baby mail order TAF ponies...  which would appear to e the only reasonable explanation for the price)
Have you heard back?

I just looked at the "relisted" auction- he didn't even change the title- he is still misrepresenting the lot as vintage mail order twice as fancy ponies.   

I am honestly perplexed why he would relist without even correcting the clearly inaccurate information. So I guess it wasn't the wrong photo after all.  Just some guy who thinks his old ponies are worth a fortune.

You do run into them every so often.  It always cracks me up when I get someone at a yard sale wanting a fortune for some common pony like Firefly.  "This is a valuable collectible MY LITTLE PONY" I'll here.  Um, yes, but... not THAT valuable lady. Like $10 valuable on ebay, tops-  and generally people want to pay a little less at a yard sale...

yeah and he must know something about them if he knows what tafs are. It's so disappointing when people are this money hungry. What's sad is some beginning collector might get it not knowing better.
Its all just money and no research.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 03:10:53 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2019, 10:40:39 AM »
Spoiler

Have you heard back?

yeah and he must know something about them if he knows what tafs are. It's so disappointing when people are this money hungry. What's sad is some beginning collector might get it not knowing better.

Frankly I think he would have a significantly higher chance at selling his ponies if he would just call them by their REAL names.  I think even a "beginner" collector can look up "TAF" or hopefully do some price comparisons and realize this guy is out of his gourd.

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »
Spoiler

Have you heard back?

Frankly I think he would have a significantly higher chance at selling his ponies if he would just call them by their REAL names.  I think even a "beginner" collector can look up "TAF" or hopefully do some price comparisons and realize this guy is out of his gourd.
Exactly.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
 >_< Dude sounds like a real prize. Fraudulent listings for insane prices is uncool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »

I had someone literally look up prices of something on ebay, right in front of me, when I expressed interest in it at their yard sale, and rejected my yard sale offer, claiming she would like basically ebay price. Guess she realized they weren't as valuable as she thought and took em back inside.

Also this guy should be reported for fraudulent listing/information.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2019, 07:03:59 AM »
It sold

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2019, 07:26:17 AM »
It sold

Looks like they fixed the image? Assuming the one I've found is the same listing.

edit - Oh oops no I searched using the phrase "twice as fancy" and it was an actual TAF listing by a different seller. I found the one in question now... almost $100... yeah that's too much money...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:31:21 AM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2019, 07:54:02 AM »
It sold

Looks like they fixed the image? Assuming the one I've found is the same listing.

edit - Oh oops no I searched using the phrase "twice as fancy" and it was an actual TAF listing by a different seller. I found the one in question now... almost $100... yeah that's too much money...
At least its not the $1000 they originally tried selling it for. How much should it sell for, considering that German Tiffany and Starglow is in it?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »
I think German Tiffany was worth at least $50, but I'm not positive.  I don't think it's a bad price as Starglow regularly sells for $50 as well.  Princess Sunbeam is also there and she has all her tinsel forelock . . . I would think she'd be worth about $15 - $20?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:11:12 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »

I had someone literally look up prices of something on ebay, right in front of me, when I expressed interest in it at their yard sale, and rejected my yard sale offer, claiming she would like basically ebay price. Guess she realized they weren't as valuable as she thought and took em back inside.

Also this guy should be reported for fraudulent listing/information.

One thing I've been seeing is people printing eBay or Amazon listings and posting it next to their garage sale items. Best thing to do in that situation is let them know "if you want eBay prices, then do the work and sell it on eBay"

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »
I imagine within the US Perle would sell for a higher amount anyway, as it negates the need for international shipping. And Starglow is easily $35ish or more on her day in good condition. The others didn't look too bad condition-wise either. I dunno what a fair price for the lot overall would be but I imagine Perle alone would push it up. I don't know how common they are but they had a very limited distribution regionally speaking. I would personally hazard Perle being worth more than Starglow, but then I feel like glowing magic ponies have stupid price tags these days. They were sold globally, it's just not necessary when so many of them exist.

Why the need to sell them with that label...dunno. It wasn't the good till cancelled garbage thing relisting it automatically? Though I guess if the price changed...not so much?

In any case I hope the buyer is happy with their purchase. They looked like nice condition ponies, just not MO TAFs.

On the other note - my response to people who say "on ebay it can sell for x", is, "please feel free to go sell it on ebay, then, because I'm not paying that for it." Reality is if it would sell for that x price on ebay, they'd already have listed it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 03:29:20 PM »
I think German Tiffany was worth at least $50, but I'm not positive.  I don't think it's a bad price as Starglow regularly sells for $50 as well.  Princess Sunbeam is also there and she has all her tinsel forelock . . . I would think she'd be worth about $15 - $20?
So the final price wasn't bad. The whole situation still irks me though...  >_< :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:35:43 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2019, 09:07:31 AM »
So the final price wasn't bad. The whole situation still irks me though... :biggrin:

Yeah I feel irked too. 

You know what's even worse? The person who bought his ponies probably wouldn't have even done so if not for this thread pointing out German Tiffany and Starglow  :lol:

Offline caseysealia

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2019, 12:13:36 PM »
So the final price wasn't bad. The whole situation still irks me though... :biggrin:

Yeah I feel irked too. 

You know what's even worse? The person who bought his ponies probably wouldn't have even done so if not for this thread pointing out German Tiffany and Starglow  :lol:
Oh boy what makes you think that?  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal