collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Autumnal good feelings :)  (Read 1830 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Autumnal good feelings :)
« on: September 06, 2019, 06:20:57 AM »
Ah, summer is fading away and a cool breeze has begun to swirl gently around the trees, teasing at the leaves and willing them to fall.

Autumn is on the way!!  :lol:

Warm clothes! Speciality coffee flavourings! Gloves! Halloween, Christmas build-up, Fireworks, open fires, conkers, harvests... so much to look forward to. Sitting by open windows during a rainstorm, drinking a hot drink, rich colours, dark nights, staying-in and getting cosy  :cool:

So what things do you enjoy about the season of The Fall?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Autumnal good feelings :)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 08:04:43 AM »
I think this is my favorite season of the year, I just love how the whole world is slowly going to sleep around you. I always like to think that summer only lasts until the end of August and from the first days of September it's officially fall (even thought it's incorrect both meteorologically and practically). I even developed that weird little ritual in recent years where on the last day of August, some time after 11 PM I sit by an open window with a cold iced drink (usually store-bought ice tea, but regular coke also works), imagining it to be the last iced drink of the summer and listening to either "A Safe Place To Sleep" or the intro to "Last Drop Falls", since those tunes always made me think of twilight hours and of taking a rest, which is perfect for the occasion.

This year, it looks so far like fall is coming a little earlier and I absolutely love it. While the first of September ended with an awful all-night long storm typical of summer, the second was surprisingly cold and cloudy, to the point I had to change into long pants and take a jacket when going outside, and even though it got sunnier again after that day, it seems like it's also colder now than it used to be, last morning I saw a lady walking a dog while dressed a little warmer despite the day being overall bright, and at nights you can feel the cold in the air, and it's all awesome.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:14:05 AM »
my birthday, blackberrying, cosy nights in, the smell of cool weather ,walks in the crisp/misty morning or warm evening, crunching through leaves, oh and roast dinners :)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Fall is my favorite season! It's a really nice time to go to festivals and craft fairs, as well as take advantage of the milder weather for smithing, and general outdoor work. Plus, apple cider! >u<

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
I got out of the car last night after my class and the air smelled heavenly...autumn smell.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
I don’t really have a favourite season, as it’s hard for me to choose. But autumn here is nice, and it smells great! And all the animals and plants are getting ready. Leaves fall, birds like Canadian geese start the journey south. And I like geese! My grandad actually vowed to never hunt/eat Canadian geese under any circumstances. Supposedly, they mate for life, and he just couldn’t do that to a goose.
     Halloween is also pretty cool. We have a collection of decorations that dad built over the years, or things we bought. So our house goes all out, all hands on deck for Halloween. The trick or treaters love it! Except we’ve been getting less and less people over the years...is that just an our neighbourhood thing or does it happen to you guys as well?
     The summer here was very short and cool, surprisingly. So it doesn’t feel much like a drastic change.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
I'm so jealous!   :lol:    Autumn is my favorite time of year too.  Although we do occasionally get a cold day or two, we usually don't get actual cooler weather until November.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »
I love the feeling of knowing it's autumn, or that autumn is coming soon because I love winter, and autumn means we're swinging back to the "good" side of the year. Spring and Summer depress me so much.

But autumn itself where I live is a disappointment. Summer still holds on well into October, sometimes even November. Usually November is a nice, autumn month and that makes me happy. I love the pretty leaves, and I love the ideal 'autumn' day in my mind - overcast skies, misty, breeze, temperatures in the upper 40s/lower 50s.

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »
This thread is making me homesick! I always loved autumn the most but where I live now, we don't really have one :( The grass turns brown and that's about it. We don't get cooler weather until much later, and even then it's still mild.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 11:53:15 PM »
Autumn for me is cold, crisp air, a cascade of rainbowcolured leaves in the trees, mushrooms everywhere, I especially love to see fly agarics, hot chocolate in the evenings and candle lights. I get to change shoes from summer sneakers to boots and use my favorite jacket. It also marks mine and Johns anniversary for being a couple. November 6th we've been together for ten years and I've saved my last vacation week for that week. We don't have any plans put out but just the feeling of having a week off at that time and before the christmas craze begins feels good :). The rowan trees are so full of berries right now so the trees look like they've already changed colour. The saying goes that when there are lots of rowan-berries, there will be a cold and snowfilled winter and if that is true, this year will have lots and lots and lots of snow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :satisfied:.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »
Agreed :)

Only thing is I wish it would stay warm enough for all the green tomatoes in my backyard to ripen.  We got a late start this year and while there are a ton of them on the vines, we haven't gotten any ripe ones yet.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 11:35:10 AM »
Summer ran away in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago. I sent a search party, but I'm pretty sure it faked it's own death and moved to Mexico.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »
This is probably the first year ever that I am not excited for autumn. It usually my favorite season but it felt like we barely had summer and last winter was sooooo long. It felt like it wouldn’t end and it started early. Seemed like summer didn’t really start until July.

My birthday is in October and my baby turns 1 in November. So, bittersweet. Halloween is my favorite holiday but now it’s kind of just giving me anxiety trying to figure out my LO’s first costume with a theme we can all do. I thought I would enjoy the holidays more after having a baby but now it just seems more worrisome with making it memorable for her and having to buy presents for Christmas.

Enough negativity though. Autumn scented candles and handsoap from B&BW, sweater weather, cool, crisp air, longer nights, decorations for all the holidays. Roasting pumpkin seeds, soups and stews, fall colors, roasts and crockpot meals, apple deserts, lefse, harvest, football, candlelight, movie nights and game nights, Indian Summer.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 12:40:46 AM »
I love the cooler weather and brightly colored leaves^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 08:42:49 AM »
Yes! Victory! Good riddance, Summer - go on, get outta here, you season! XD
As for Autumn, I'm looking forward to the colourful trees, cooler days and hiding under piles of fluffy blankets with a nice cup of tea. With Halloween approaching, that means chocolate eyeballs as well - result!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal