collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Birthstone...yay!

January Joy
3 (10%)
Fantastical February
0 (0%)
March Mischief
0 (0%)
April Mist
2 (6.7%)
May Belle
0 (0%)
June Blossom
8 (26.7%)
July Jubilee
3 (10%)
August Breeze
7 (23.3%)
Sweet September
3 (10%)
October Dreams
1 (3.3%)
November Nights
1 (3.3%)
December Delight
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Whose your favorite Birthstone Pony?  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Whose your favorite Birthstone Pony?
« on: September 04, 2019, 09:56:08 AM »
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Category:Jewel_Birthday_Ponies

August Breeze is my favorite and I'd love to have her. I also like December Delight, June Blossom and May Belle. April Mist is cute, but her symbol looks like a giant eyeball. This set is pretty disappointing considering they made great tropical and holiday ponies but most of these are bland and springtime.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:27:17 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Cristar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Whose your favorite Birthstone Pony?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:36 AM »
They are all cute, I picked Sweet September because I have a crush for white ponies with blue hair.
Anyway, I prefer regular G3 jewel pony sets to this one   :brow:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 05:20:06 PM »
I like the one for October as Halloween is my favorite holiday, the one for june is a close second. My birth month is just terribly boring.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 07:02:16 PM »
I'm not crazy about my birth month either. Fantastical February shoulda been in different shades of purple.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
Sweet September and January Joy are my favourites. June Blossom, my birth month, is boring...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »
My favorites are April Mist, May Belle, June Blossom (what can I say? I like yellow ponies :P), August Breeze, Sweet September, and December Delight..... I can't choose... :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »
I like them all but own two January and September. I do like mine the white and the blue is pretty together.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 01:44:54 AM »
Biased December baby here because I really do just adore December Delight. The palette, her pose, symbol, it’s almost like she was made for me HAHA! I also love September, May and July. Again the palettes are so lovely and the Sapphire/Ruby colored hair in S and J are pretty.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 02:39:56 AM »
Is it cheating to say I love them all? :lol: I’ve always thought this set was so fun!  I really love November Nights, August Breeze, October Dreams, and January Joy.

I’ve always found my birth month pretty boring, I’m an April baby and I hate that my birthstone is a diamond. It’s like, the most boring gem out there imo. The fact that you said that April Mist’s cutie mark looks like an eyeball has significantly made me like her more now, so thank you for that LaW! :P I can appreciate a spy umbrella pony!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 04:48:06 AM »
Is it cheating to say I love them all? :lol: I’ve always thought this set was so fun!  I really love November Nights, August Breeze, October Dreams, and January Joy.

I’ve always found my birth month pretty boring, I’m an April baby and I hate that my birthstone is a diamond. It’s like, the most boring gem out there imo. The fact that you said that April Mist’s cutie mark looks like an eyeball has significantly made me like her more now, so thank you for that LaW! :P I can appreciate a spy umbrella pony!

Your welcome. Seems several so far aren't enamored with their birth month ponies. My daughter thinks July Jubilee is boring too.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
June Blossom.  She looks really cute.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »
(Apologies, a bit of "unpopular pony opinions"-cross ahead, though it seems I'm not the only one who isn't very impressed with this set)

To me these ponies are a bit of a disappointment. With the jeweled symbol they could have been so special, yet a lot of them seem plain to me in colouring, for others it's the pose that kills the thing - June Blossom, for instance, is yellow, for which I always have a soft spot, and it's my birth month too - but her pose makes her look like a scared chicuahua, not that I have an issue with chihuahuas, but this quality is not really what I am looking for in a pony. And if it's not the colours or the pose, then the symbol is just... too plain for what it could have been. Or off (can someone please explain the connection of mischief and a teacup to me? Thank you). Or weird. Like the eyeball thing that I can totally see too :lol: December Delight, for instance... I'm not too fond of the pose, but her colouring is wonderful! A shame it is ruined by the too bulky and plain bow she carries on her flank. I just find it odd, and I'd find it hard not to repaint her symbol into something more delicate if I ever came across her :huh: The randomness of the whole symbol thing totally makes this set fall apart for me, I cannot see any theme of connection here other than the gemstone and the tinsel - but there are also other G3 ponies out there with gemstones stuck on their bums :shrug:

My choices are May Belle and Sweet September, and I voted for the latter - we could only pick one, and I've already shared my love for her colouring in the recent POTD thread, and white ponies are also something I have a soft spot for. But I also think the pastel colours of May Belle combined are very beautiful, she seems carefully put together - besides her oddly simple symbol that looks like something from a children's colouring book, but it's passable and fits her baby-like overall appearance combined with the pose.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 02:05:52 PM »
I love January Joy's vibrant colors and party theme!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Cristar

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
(Apologies, a bit of "unpopular pony opinions"-cross ahead, though it seems I'm not the only one who isn't very impressed with this set)

To me these ponies are a bit of a disappointment. With the jeweled symbol they could have been so special, yet a lot of them seem plain to me in colouring, for others it's the pose that kills the thing - June Blossom, for instance, is yellow, for which I always have a soft spot, and it's my birth month too - but her pose makes her look like a scared chicuahua, not that I have an issue with chihuahuas, but this quality is not really what I am looking for in a pony. And if it's not the colours or the pose, then the symbol is just... too plain for what it could have been. Or off (can someone please explain the connection of mischief and a teacup to me? Thank you). Or weird. Like the eyeball thing that I can totally see too :lol: December Delight, for instance... I'm not too fond of the pose, but her colouring is wonderful! A shame it is ruined by the too bulky and plain bow she carries on her flank. I just find it odd, and I'd find it hard not to repaint her symbol into something more delicate if I ever came across her :huh: The randomness of the whole symbol thing totally makes this set fall apart for me, I cannot see any theme of connection here other than the gemstone and the tinsel - but there are also other G3 ponies out there with gemstones stuck on their bums :shrug:

My choices are May Belle and Sweet September, and I voted for the latter - we could only pick one, and I've already shared my love for her colouring in the recent POTD thread, and white ponies are also something I have a soft spot for. But I also think the pastel colours of May Belle combined are very beautiful, she seems carefully put together - besides her oddly simple symbol that looks like something from a children's colouring book, but it's passable and fits her baby-like overall appearance combined with the pose.

You reminded me of the feelings I had the first time I saw this pony set! In fact the drawings on the symbols do not enhance the jewels, (for me) ... At this point the best symbols are those of February, September, October and November, IMHO.
(So, Sweet September is still my favourite!  :biggrin:)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »
June blossom is my fav, i had her and regret trading her away years back. :( i do have her Jem blossom doppelganger  still.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal