collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antique Asian doll??  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Mrzllewellyn22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
Antique Asian doll??
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »
I'm trying to gather as much info on her as I can she is Japanese or Chinese I feel like she is very old. How do I find out how to date when she was made and value her.  Also likes to have real human hair but her skin and all is some sort of fabric I have no idea how to post pictures on here

Post Merge: August 30, 2019, 06:45:55 PM

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: August 30, 2019, 06:54:25 PM

Post Merge: August 30, 2019, 06:55:03 PM

Post Merge: August 30, 2019, 06:57:34 PM

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:57:43 PM by Mrzllewellyn22 »

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Asian doll??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:38:09 PM »
If she has writing on her anywhere, i might be able to tell you which country she's from. Her dress is not japanese, and the fan is probably your best bet for pinning down the exact culture she's supposed to represent. That might have nothing to do with where she was made, of course.
For what its worth, my first guess is Chinese style, not actually made in china. She looks like a doll made for non chinese market or made in other countries, like taiwan or maybe even japan. Her face reminds me pretty strongly of some older japanese toys I've seen. But she's not really like a typical vintage doll from japan.

Also, what are her face and earrings made of?

Her construction will tell you where she's from.  For example, she looks like she has individual fingers, and sewn on nail polish and shoes. Does her hairstyle look original, or has it  been changed? If her body is fabric, what's inside? Is she poseable  or stiff? Wires, beans, etc?

Those are the details you can use to ID her. I would also try asking on an antiques forum or two. 

If you can give me more details, I'd be happy to help you poke around, but she seems prettty hard to pin down from a casual search.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:18:40 AM by Thimble »

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Asian doll??
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 06:07:45 AM »
Hey!  Found this ebay auction, the doll looks like a close cousin to yours. The seller might be able to tell you something? I dunno.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163660988472

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal