collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need to get oranginzed  (Read 3210 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: I need to get oranginzed
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
I've been organizing my scrapbook embellishments as I work on my scrapbook.  I'm trying to only buy the things that I need until I use up all this extra stuff that I picked up just because it was cute.  I bought what they call "magnetic" pages to stick the various small, flat things (like sticker sheets) to so that I can see at a glance what I have and I'm trying to divide things up by theme so I can just look at the "pets" page for things like bones to embellish pictures of my dog.  The pages are not really magnetic, they have a thin coating of some sort of glue that doesn't stick to whatever you've stuck to it once you remove the item from the page and it has a thin plastic sheet that goes over the top of everything to keep the pages from sticking to each other.  It's weird but highly useful for this sort of thing because then I can just stick all those pages into a binder so I can flip through them instead of trying to dig through boxes of stickers.
I would like to see pictures of this.  While I have not scrapbooked in a few years, I have many embellishments, etc.  I would like to start again.  I can't quite imagine what you are describing.

Anyone else here start in one room with the intentions of organization, but one thing leads to another, set off a chain reaction sending you room to room seeing things to put away that took you to another room (took dirty clothes from the bedroom to the laundry, passed through the kitchen and saw the bills you need to send, went to the junk drawer for stamps, and starting organizing the junk drawer while not returning to the bedroom to finish!)  This is a problem for me, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 11:23:39 AM »
I hear ya! I need to clean out my desk drawers and reorganize my closet.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »
I've been organizing my scrapbook embellishments as I work on my scrapbook.  I'm trying to only buy the things that I need until I use up all this extra stuff that I picked up just because it was cute.  I bought what they call "magnetic" pages to stick the various small, flat things (like sticker sheets) to so that I can see at a glance what I have and I'm trying to divide things up by theme so I can just look at the "pets" page for things like bones to embellish pictures of my dog.  The pages are not really magnetic, they have a thin coating of some sort of glue that doesn't stick to whatever you've stuck to it once you remove the item from the page and it has a thin plastic sheet that goes over the top of everything to keep the pages from sticking to each other.  It's weird but highly useful for this sort of thing because then I can just stick all those pages into a binder so I can flip through them instead of trying to dig through boxes of stickers.

I would like to know more about these too.  :)  I have a few embellishments that I need to put somewhere until I'm ready to use them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
Here's a video I found that shows what magnetic pages are.  The lady in this video is talking about removing your photos from the old magnetic pages because they're not photo safe, but the ones I bought at Michael's last week are acid free. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkO-TJpE5Ys

I like that I can just take the sticker sheet or the die cuts and stick them straight on the sticky page and it'll hold it so that I can see what I have until I'm ready to use it.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 01:05:11 AM »
  I would like to do a pony one for all my pony shirts that do not fit anymore.  They are a cute idea.
I might buy a white cotton duvet cover, wash it and then just applique stuff on to it like a collage. When it's done I could fill it with thin wadding, stitch to hold it in place and sew up the vent.

I did get quite a way with my pony stuff at the weekend, I filed away my unfinished customs in paper bags and worked on a lot of restoration stuff. I have envelopes for a lot of my accessories now with the owner written on in pencil and all my hair and tools are filed in an old hat box.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:07:36 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »
I'm chronically disorganized and flylady.net helped me get a better hold on organizing. Set a timer for 15 minutes. You can do anything for 15 minutes (or even 5-10). The site is great as she's got each room of the house broken into zones and you work on one zone each week. Even if you do nothing else, 15 minutes of decluttering and the daily mission (something small each day like your bathroom drawer, or nightstand etc...)
Once a room is cleaned she has a detailed cleaning list that covers everything!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 06:09:52 AM »
Ahahahahaahahaha..........ha.

My apartment is where craft supplies go to spawn. And let's not even talk about the clothes situation. Why am I such a packrat?! I hate clutter! ...But not as much as organizing. But since I have nothing to do for a month, I guess I'll finally get it done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal