collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 15948 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Spoiler
I actually kinda hope we do get toys of Celestia proportioned Twilight and buff Spike, even though I think they look pretty ridiculous like that. :lol:

Spoiler
Well.. Those have existed for a while, even if they are not official :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spoiler
Tfw bootleggers give their ponies more accessories than the actual real company :lmao:

There's only one Celestia that's been released since the 2017 reboot that actually has the necklace and it's a styling size pony. I don't think Luna has ever gotten her necklace and no, painted-on accessories don't count!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2019, 11:01:24 AM »

I would also be upset if I had created what I thought was a diverse group of female characters, only for all of them to be turned into extreme make-up and miniskirt wearing skinny teenage girls.

Which could also have described Christy Marx's Jem characters back in the eighties, based on the brief to sell toys she was given from Hasbro, and yet somehow it worked out and is one of the cult girl's shows of the decade.

I'm not interested in the finale per se but regarding EqG and drama, EqG was definitely trying to bring some of the Jem themes into MLP because MLP was more stable a brand than Jem. So in a sense, Christy's creations mattered more to EqG than Lauren's did. I remember when they came out and the Jem list Christy was a member of kind of took of with indignation at how Jem was being "ponied"...but Christy was always really good about maintaining professionality in those kinds of things. Even with the movie, when she was frustrated about how it was going, she only said that she'd have liked to have been involved.

No need to create drama from nothing, basically. But eh, I don't like Faust or her legacy to MLP, so maybe I'm biased.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2019, 11:18:56 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler
Ah yeah! The bootleggers were way ahead of the curve on that one! :lol:

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »
Spoiler
I actually kinda hope we do get toys of Celestia proportioned Twilight and buff Spike, even though I think they look pretty ridiculous like that. :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler
You know, I think I like that a lot better than the official design they came up with.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
Spoiler
Yeah, that is kinda weird that Twilight is aging differently than her friends.  Didn’t someone on the show say Twilight won’t outlive them, though?  I may be remembering incorrectly.  Anyway, I was expecting more a Cadance-type appearance for her, but she just went full Celestia.  Didn’t she? 

I have some sort of memory about that one as well...

Spoiler
Although I'm wondering if they canned that idea? I mean the others were clearly getting older, but Twilight just got bigger with no signs of aging.

After all, if she did end up aging the same way, who would look after the kingdom? Would Celestia and Luna just return? Is she just gonna pick up a new student and give them wings and/or a horn? I feel like there are too many questions now, most of which wouldn't exist without the time skip.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
Spoiler
Yeah, that is kinda weird that Twilight is aging differently than her friends.  Didn’t someone on the show say Twilight won’t outlive them, though?  I may be remembering incorrectly.  Anyway, I was expecting more a Cadance-type appearance for her, but she just went full Celestia.  Didn’t she? 

I have some sort of memory about that one as well...

Spoiler
Although I'm wondering if they canned that idea? I mean the others were clearly getting older, but Twilight just got bigger with no signs of aging.

After all, if she did end up aging the same way, who would look after the kingdom? Would Celestia and Luna just return? Is she just gonna pick up a new student and give them wings and/or a horn? I feel like there are too many questions now, most of which wouldn't exist without the time skip.

Spoiler
It's all very Angelique, with the Queen being chosen to oversee the universe, with special magic and a longer life span. Though in that context it would mean everyone else dying along the way. You have to imagine that must have happened to Luna and Celestia, too.

The show aren't going to say, by the way, everyone dies now. But the images made me think of that.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
Spoiler
I'd love a pony of Luster because her colours are awesome, but that would mean Hasbro... making toys of a pony... that isn't Pinkie or Twilight? Yeah, not happening. Maybe we can at least get a proper Celestia-size Princess Twilight now?

Spoiler
Thee are a few ponies with similar color schemes at least. I was thinking she looked a lot like Honey Rays or Cherry Berry.

As far as design goes I think the kids looked really cute. The combined cutiemarks were fun, like the cheesecake ones for Pinkie/Cheese's kids or Luster Dawn's being a sun that glimmers in the water.

I guess what bothers me a little about Twilightia is how she didn't get her own unique model while all the other Princesses had one (and she used to have one too). Even the kirin leader was more modified than Twilightia who is basically just a recolor with a new hairstyle.

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:23 AM »
Spoiler
I'd love a pony of Luster because her colours are awesome, but that would mean Hasbro... making toys of a pony... that isn't Pinkie or Twilight? Yeah, not happening. Maybe we can at least get a proper Celestia-size Princess Twilight now?

Spoiler
Thee are a few ponies with similar color schemes at least. I was thinking she looked a lot like Honey Rays or Cherry Berry.

As far as design goes I think the kids looked really cute. The combined cutiemarks were fun, like the cheesecake ones for Pinkie/Cheese's kids or Luster Dawn's being a sun that glimmers in the water.

I guess what bothers me a little about Twilightia is how she didn't get her own unique model while all the other Princesses had one (and she used to have one too). Even the kirin leader was more modified than Twilightia who is basically just a recolor with a new hairstyle.

Spoiler
I also found it weird how Twilight got so big so fast. Like, isn't Luna thousands of years older than her? Why is she still much smaller than Twilight appeared?

I honestly think Twilight would've looked less jarring with Luna's model, as well. But maybe her looking like Celestia was supposed to be more symbolic.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2019, 11:53:21 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I also found it weird how Twilight got so big so fast. Like, isn't Luna thousands of years older than her? Why is she still much smaller than Twilight appeared?

I honestly think Twilight would've looked less jarring with Luna's model, as well.

"With great power comes great responsibility legs" :lol:

Tbh, I never liked Celestia's or Cadance's models. Luna's was the best of the three even tho she was also very skinny in the back, like some kind of hound. But Cadance took it to the extreme and looked like a pink whippet, while Celestia was a white giraffe ;)

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2019, 12:14:24 PM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I honestly think Twilight would've looked less jarring with Luna's model, as well.

Tbh, I never liked Celestia's or Cadance's models. Luna's was the best of the three even tho she was also very skinny in the back, like some kind of hound. But Cadance took it to the extreme and looked like a pink whippet, while Celestia was a white giraffe ;)

Spoiler
I think Celestia's model looks fine on her, but pasting another pony's color/face on it just looks weird, imo, and feels like lazy animation. Kinda like how the adult CMC were just their colors and manes slapped onto a generic adult pony model.

Also for some reason Twilight makes that N E C K stand out a lot more than it does on Celestia, but maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:52:20 PM by AvianWing »

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »
Spoiler
Pinkie Pie had a KID weird Al's Ponysona. Let that sink in.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Also, pretty disappointed that the rest of the Mane 6 didn't become princesses, but this image is pretty good in its own right:

Pinkie Pie and Weird Al's ponysona had a baby together, in canon, that's AMAZING.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2019, 12:22:45 PM »
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
I think Celestia's model looks fine on her, but pasting another pony's color/face on it just looks weird, imo, and feels like lazy animation. Kinda like how the adult CMC were just their colors and manes slapped onto a generic adult pony model.

Also for some reason Twilight makes that N E C K stand out a lot more than it does on Celestia, but maybe that's just me.
Spoiler
I agree Twilight would've looked good in a Luna or Cadence sized/shaped body over Celestia's. But it's mostly her hair that bothers me. Celestia and Luna's hair is really magical and just... I always interpreted it as like... clouds or a mist or whatever...? Like Luna actually has the night sky as her hair and Celestia has like... some weird magical rainbow or whatever. Their hair is not actually hair. Twilight's though? Is just hair. But it moves like Celestia and Luna's. Why?? They could've just given her fancy hair like Cadence...

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2019, 12:35:14 PM »
omg Ragamuffin that image is hilarious and horrifying!!

Spoiler
Hooray for LyraBon! Okay, the "gay couple confirmed in the last 5 minutes of the show" trope is starting to get irritating.. but I've always thought LyraBon was cute, so I'll take it. :P

so the Star/Sun kid is Luster Dawn? Oooh. Did Pinkie's kid get a name?

I don't like High Princess Twilight, either. I'm neutral to the idea itself but the execution just looks weird.. and I agree w/ you about her hair, Ragamuffin. I've never really thought that much about how Luna/Celestia's hair worked but having Twilight's hair look like that is a little too odd. It just doesn't look quite right.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2019, 12:48:57 PM »
Spoiler
For me, it's the face shape and she looks like a skin stretched over a Celestia model. Being Celestia-shaped is indeed irritating when there's a Luna or Cadance model to work with. Why is the Princess of the Night always made so tiny??

I mean, look at this:

This is what I thought Luna would ultimately look like, but nope.

As for the hair, I assumed it was due to the immense power of Celestia and Luna; Twilight's hair does the wavy thing when she was safekeeping Luna, Celestia and Cadance's magic from Tirek:

Cadance's mane doesn't move, neither does Twilight or Flurry's. Twilight specifically mentions only Celestia and Luna have MANES like that in Rarity's Biggest Fan. Mistmane, I think, literally has mist for a mane, but when their magic was removed, Celestia and Luna still had manes, they were just still. The moving mane only showed when Twilight was trying to set the moon and raise the sun.

Tl;dr Seems Twilight inherited the Princess' immense magical ability.

Also this, because I like it:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2019, 12:53:04 PM »
@ Carrehz
Spoiler
Pinkie refers to the baby as Lil Cheese but she has three kids with CS and they all have cheesecake marks so I bet their names are all cheesecake based ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal