collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 15787 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 02:44:39 AM »
Okay, okay, I watched it. It was cute! What a sweet ending.

Spoiler
You know what really gets me
Spoiler
with that time skip and all?

They didn't show older Flurry Heart. I would have wanted to see her as a young alicorn princess and see what's happening to her, if she would become her aunt's student or take over her mother's queendom.
But we didn't see any of the Miamore-Armors XD
Adult Flurry Heart was shown in the stained glass in Twilight's castle! She had blue heart-shaped jewelry and everything. Don't feel like pulling the episode back up to screencap it but yep, she was there. :P

Spoiler
And what does that imply? That Cadance retired, too? See, I want to see these things animated and explained, not a brief glimpse at a window where I have to piece things together and make up half a headcanon to understand why Flurry isn't Twilight's Luna like I always assumed she'd become due to her unique status as a never-before-seen naturally born alicorn with incredible powers :lol:

I really did not need a time skip to have confirmation that Pinkie has three kids with a guy she only met twice or that Spike gets to look like Arnold Schwarzendraggon, but a time skip to see what Flurry is up to and hearing her speak to her aunt and all? That would have been great.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2019, 06:56:51 AM »
Spoiler
I heard LyraBon was confirmed? Is that true?

Ty for the pic of the Sugar/Mac kid. Cute!

I wanted to see an adult Flurry Heart, too. I like her design! It would've been nice to see it.. not as a weird pony-baby thing. :P

Forgot to say this before, but ugh, Spike. And I thought G4 Spike couldn't get any uglier :silly:

These episodes are actually on an official streaming service in The Netherlands, so I wouldn’t categorize this as a leak.

Well, you get what I mean. It aired overseas prior to its intended US airdate. Call it whatever you want.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2019, 07:11:05 AM »
Spoiler
For those who wanted LyraBon con(firm):

Everyone is old, Spike looks like he has mumps, and Twilight IS Better Than Everyone Else, Deal With It apparently. It's like a mega-celeb saying that she is still cool to hang with her backwater pleb friends.

The implications set with Pinkie Pie having a child is sending some bronies into a tizzy and it is hilarious.

Also, I am game for fics that have Twilight turn into Tyrantlight, especially since Sunset Shimmer is still supposed to be around and someone has to tell her that Twilight has Acended permenantly.

Speaking of which ... where do alicorns retire to? Wonder if Twilight has to raise the sun and moon now. That'll be hilarious.

I totally trust this blueblood to rule Equestria. Totally.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2019, 07:24:55 AM »
Haven't watched it (will wait for the English version), though I've seen a few screenshots. One thing I'm happy about is:
Spoiler
Seeing Tempest and Sunset in that one scene where they show all of the characters. Finally puts the last nail in the coffin about EqG and the movie not being canon to the show. And puts all of "those fans" who constantly deny they are in their place.

Speaking of "those fans": Jim Miller and all of the other show staff have locked down their Twitter accounts due to the amount of hate and death threats they've been getting as a result of the finale. It makes me absolutely sick (some may have been trolls just trying to aggravate the situation, but most are legit fans).

Spoiler
I don't really like Twilight's new look though. She looked better as a regular pony alicorn.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2019, 07:36:11 AM »
Spoiler
Speaking of "those fans": Jim Miller and all of the other show staff have locked down their Twitter accounts due to the amount of hate and death threats they've been getting as a result of the finale. It makes me absolutely sick (some may have been trolls just trying to aggravate the situation, but most are legit fans).

Spoiler
Yeesh. It doesn't surprise me, I watched the Twilicorn drama unfold, The Cadence drama was a minor blip, as was the Flurry Heart one, and of course Equestria Girls. Though, the latter was made worse with Lauren Faust chimed in, which made me irritated at her; this is a TOY series, it's not your original IP, and you get mad at a TOY company who makes TOYS wanting to push TOY products?? No wonder she has a rep of being difficult to work with and always quitting things due to 'creative differences'.

Plus, well, I'm one of the salty at the GOT ending, but I sent a letter of support to Emilia Clarke and tweeted my support of Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei) before she basically bit fans who were unhappy. I didn't go to D&Ds twitter and send death threats over my magic blood and dragon show, much less the pastel pony show.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2019, 08:21:17 AM »
Haven't watched it (will wait for the English version), though I've seen a few screenshots. One thing I'm happy about is:
Spoiler
Seeing Tempest and Sunset in that one scene where they show all of the characters. Finally puts the last nail in the coffin about EqG and the movie not being canon to the show. And puts all of "those fans" who constantly deny they are in their place.

Spoiler
I don't really like Twilight's new look though. She looked better as a regular pony alicorn.

I am not excusing these fans completely messed up and violent behaviour but the writers set themselves up for failure when they started pandering to the exact same fandom and started making a lot of their fanon canon, including ships, characterization, names, implementing fanchars, memes, etc.
I can't think of another kids cartoon that was so heavily influenced by a totally accidental third party audience. It still boggles my mind how many "dramas" this fandom had and they were all based in entitlement fuelled by the showrunners.

You reap what you saw. You make a fanon ship canon you have to prepare for all the other fans not shipping it to scream "what about me?!?!?"
Just don't make these things canon. Just don't engage too closely with adult fans of a kids cartoon. I have always disliked when the 4th wall was broken, now the 4th wall has been completely destroyed. They better learn from this when G5 comes along.

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2019, 08:26:28 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm glad to see we at least got something like this. With the overabundance of hetero relationships in this finale, it feels like we should've gotten more. But at least it's something.  ^.^

Spoiler
Yeesh. It doesn't surprise me, I watched the Twilicorn drama unfold, The Cadence drama was a minor blip, as was the Flurry Heart one, and of course Equestria Girls. Though, the latter was made worse with Lauren Faust chimed in, which made me irritated at her; this is a TOY series, it's not your original IP, and you get mad at a TOY company who makes TOYS wanting to push TOY products?? No wonder she has a rep of being difficult to work with and always quitting things due to 'creative differences'.

I would also be upset if I had created what I thought was a diverse group of female characters, only for all of them to be turned into extreme make-up and miniskirt wearing skinny teenage girls. Of course, EqG turned out somewhat better than what those initial promos would have you believe, but still not without its problems.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
Spoiler

Spoiler
I'm glad to see we at least got something like this. With the overabundance of hetero relationships in this finale, it feels like we should've gotten more. But at least it's something.  ^.^

Spoiler

I would also be upset if I had created what I thought was a diverse group of female characters, only for all of them to be turned into extreme make-up and miniskirt wearing skinny teenage girls.

She had no leg to stand on because prior to MLP (whom she designed skinny, bobbleheaded and make-up wearing) she had Galaxy Girls, her own franchise, where all girls were skinny, make-up wearing, bobbleheaded ragdolls.

She also redesigned some of the Super Hero Girls to be extremely skinny or hourglass shaped with wasp waists, tiny noses, long legs.

Had she designed EqG they would have all looked like a mashup of Galaxy Girls and Super Hero Girls because that's her style.
She was mad she was gone from Hasbro and suddenly they made a doll line inspired by her designs when they could have picked up her Galaxy Girls franchise (but didn't want to).

She could have stayed with MLP but she left on her own to work with her husband on Wonder Over Yonder. She had a chance to influence Hasbro and she threw it away.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2019, 08:59:48 AM »
She had no leg to stand on because prior to MLP (whom she designed skinny, bobbleheaded and make-up wearing) she had Galaxy Girls, her own franchise, where all girls were skinny, make-up wearing, bobbleheaded ragdolls.

She also redesigned some of the Super Hero Girls to be extremely skinny or hourglass shaped with wasp waists, tiny noses, long legs.

Had she designed EqG they would have all looked like a mashup of Galaxy Girls and Super Hero Girls because that's her style.
She was mad she was gone from Hasbro and suddenly they made a doll line inspired by her designs when they could have picked up her Galaxy Girls franchise (but didn't want to).

She could have stayed with MLP but she left on her own to work with her husband on Wonder Over Yonder. She had a chance to influence Hasbro and she threw it away.

^^^^ THIS.

Spoiler

For context.

Also:

Batgirl HORRIFIES ME

Anyway, on-topic:

Spoiler
Will these designs be made toys, as the end of the generation? Or perhaps 'special' figures akin to the Guardians of Harmony? They should appear in the Gameloft game at least.

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2019, 09:25:16 AM »

Really? That's not how I interpreted her tweets back then. Did she state this somewhere? Yeah, she's pretty bad at body diversity, but at least she was kind of trying with DC Super-Hero Girls. That doesn't make the argument against EqG any less valid for me though.

Spoiler
Will these designs be made toys, as the end of the generation? Or perhaps 'special' figures akin to the Guardians of Harmony? They should appear in the Gameloft game at least.

Spoiler
I actually kinda hope we do get toys of Celestia proportioned Twilight and buff Spike, even though I think they look pretty ridiculous like that. :lol:

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2019, 09:37:09 AM »
Spoiler
I'd love a pony of Luster because her colours are awesome, but that would mean Hasbro... making toys of a pony... that isn't Pinkie or Twilight? Yeah, not happening. Maybe we can at least get a proper Celestia-size Princess Twilight now?

Spoiler
Also, pretty disappointed that the rest of the Mane 6 didn't become princesses, but this image is pretty good in its own right:

Pinkie Pie and Weird Al's ponysona had a baby together, in canon, that's AMAZING.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »
Spoiler
well, it wasn't shown at least. Rarity, twilight and applejack don't either tho, right?
Don't think so. But I have a soft spot for RD and Trixie, regardless of their sometimes obnoxious behavior :P

I am not excusing these fans completely messed up and violent behaviour but the writers set themselves up for failure when they started pandering to the exact same fandom and started making a lot of their fanon canon, including ships, characterization, names, implementing fanchars, memes, etc.
I can't think of another kids cartoon that was so heavily influenced by a totally accidental third party audience. It still boggles my mind how many "dramas" this fandom had and they were all based in entitlement fuelled by the showrunners.

You reap what you saw. You make a fanon ship canon you have to prepare for all the other fans not shipping it to scream "what about me?!?!?"
Just don't make these things canon. Just don't engage too closely with adult fans of a kids cartoon. I have always disliked when the 4th wall was broken, now the 4th wall has been completely destroyed. They better learn from this when G5 comes along.
Gotta agree with this. I don't agree with their (fans) behaviour, but feeding the fans to this extent is going to cause problems.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2019, 10:31:22 AM »
well I haven't seen anything yet but did read spoilers and I'm a bit disappointed with the rushed ending and twilights new look is hideous though I'm not surprised it seemed all the alicorns end up with that body in their cannon. Also what a waste of Grogar and Flurry Heart it seems. :( such a promising story line
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Carolina-chan

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »
Spoiler
I actually kinda hope we do get toys of Celestia proportioned Twilight and buff Spike, even though I think they look pretty ridiculous like that. :lol:

Spoiler
Well.. Those have existed for a while, even if they are not official :P

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »
Sorry if this is either obvious or not allowed, but where are you finding the link? I can't find this anywhere

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal