collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 15726 times)

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »
Spoiler
Awww, those kids are CUTE! Does anyone have a screenshot of the Big Mac/Sugar Belle kid? I'm neutral to the pairing but I like seeing nextgens :B

Also wow Starlight/Sunburst's daughter is gorgeous. I want a toy of her!!

It does suck that the finale's been leaked though. :( Obviously this one doesn't affect me personally (don't watch the show, just like reading the threads sometimes), but it's always disappointing when big stuff gets out before the intended release date... I hate how cartoon leaks are so common now.
These episodes are actually on an official streaming service in The Netherlands, so I wouldn’t categorize this as a leak.

Any idea of when the finale will air in the US?
No dates are confirmed, but if Discovery Family doesn’t stop until all the episodes have aired, then it will be in October.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 04:36:15 PM »
Oh man...
Spoiler
Granny Smith’s actually passed away?  Was it blatantly mentioned in the episode, or was it one of those things where she’s just not shown with the other Apples.  Either way, that’s super-sad.  I’m curious if they made any mention of the Apple Pear-ents (ha...get it?  I’ll show myself out...)  Anyway,man that hurts.  Granny was a boss and straight-up the heart of the Apple family.  That actually hurts to hear this news.

Also, are Worst Character and Sandbar actually a thing?  I saw a shot of them together, and since they went to that dance together and blushed at each other, it seemed there was some crushing going on.  Are they actually, like, together in the end?  Because that would be super-awkward and weird.

I’m still ridiculously mad Scoots wasn’t given real wings.  Come on, guys!  Give the poor girl a break. 

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 04:42:27 PM »
Haven't seen it yet and refuse to look at images so I can't comment on it yet, but can I just say how courteous everyone is, marking everything as spoilers? :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2019, 05:21:58 PM »
Oh man...
Spoiler
Granny Smith’s actually passed away?  Was it blatantly mentioned in the episode, or was it one of those things where she’s just not shown with the other Apples.  Either way, that’s super-sad.  I’m curious if they made any mention of the Apple Pear-ents (ha...get it?  I’ll show myself out...)  Anyway,man that hurts.  Granny was a boss and straight-up the heart of the Apple family.  That actually hurts to hear this news.

Spoiler
She just isn't there anymore.
In the end there is a song-over montage where we see AJ going back to Big Mac and his wife and kid at Sweet Apple Acres and Granny is missing.

Also, I am kinda sad they made Twilight a Celestia type. Her friends that are so dear to her will become old and die and she will just stick around forever and make sure other ponies are friends with each other. What a terrible future :P

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2019, 05:55:01 PM »
Oh man...
Spoiler

Spoiler
She just isn't there anymore.
In the end there is a song-over montage where we see AJ going back to Big Mac and his wife and kid at Sweet Apple Acres and Granny is missing.

Also, I am kinda sad they made Twilight a Celestia type. Her friends that are so dear to her will become old and die and she will just stick around forever and make sure other ponies are friends with each other. What a terrible future :P

Spoiler
Well that hurts.  And it took me forever to notice she was wearing GS’s shawl, as well as Applebloom wearing Goldie’s.  I don’t think I’m ready to see that scene.

Yeah, that is kinda weird that Twilight is aging differently than her friends.  Didn’t someone on the show say Twilight won’t outlive them, though?  I may be remembering incorrectly.  Anyway, I was expecting more a Cadance-type appearance for her, but she just went full Celestia.  Didn’t she? 

Oh and can I just mention how awesome Gallus looks as a member of the Royal Guard?  Just thought I’d throw that in LOL. 

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »
Spoiler
Well, this epilogue feels...odd for this show.  And of course their inability to mention death makes some things ring hollow.  I mean, they can't even have a picture of Granny Smith?

And the families make me think of the epilogue to Digimon Adventure 02.  I guess the couples make sense, but it seems pointless to introduce us to the next generation when we know they're just going to do the same characters in the next incarnation.

And boo for Scootaloo have undeveloped wings for life.  I thought it was a stupid idea then, and I still do.

It seems like this show will die as it lived, just so much potential executed in the safest and blandest manner possible.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline MoonShadow

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »
Spoiler
Wait... Was Grogar seriously a big waste of time??   I was really hoping for Tambelon part two!

Twilight as lone ruler irks me a bit.  I was hoping the rest of the six would become "princesses" as well.   I feel like each character is equally deserving.  They all have some really big flaws (and never learn from their mistakes) and truly need each other to make well-rounded rulers.  :P

Guess I shouldn't complain.  I only watched the season opener and bits of the episodes that leaked today (in another language).  lol! 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:39:51 PM by MoonShadow »

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Spoiler
I see people assuming that that one pony is Starlight/Sunburst's daughter, but afaik it's never stated/implied.

• She's way older than Pinkie's, or even Big Mac/Sugar Belle's kids.
  • She sees Starlight & Sunburst when she's shown around the school (seemingly for the first time), and they don't seem to acknowledge each other as parents/child, at least the way that the other kids did.
  • Looking at a sub that someone did, it appears that she doesn't care about friendship/making friends, thinks it's a waste of time, and wants to quit the school because of it. That'd be weird coming from Starlight's daughter.
  • There's no romantic implication between Starlight and Sunburst, at least in these last 3 episodes (did they hint at it earlier? I haven't kept up with the show).

She certainly looks like their daughter and bears a striking resemblance to them, but she may just be a random student of Twilight's.

Guess we'll have to wait for the English release.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 07:55:16 PM by AvianWing »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
Spoiler
Can someone screencap adult Scootaloo? I'm curious about her wings now.

EDIT: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Man ... The Twilight and Spike screencaps look like traced fanart  :lol: Fluttercord, ick. At least some ccharacters don't end up with partners and kids. I never got into FiM despite trying, and not liking Twilight was one reason. Alicorn Twilight is just ... ugh. Can't wait for Equestria to crash and burn under her.

EDIT2: So, seen a gif of Celestia and Luna combining their crowns, AFTER a gif of Twilight tripping and falling on her head. This is supposed to be a cute and 'oh, she is still an everygirl!' moment I'm sure. It's not reassuring. Princess Luna, you've been on the moon for 1,000 years, you're really going to give up the corwn so easily? After receiving zero support from Celestia about your duties? Yeesh.

Twilight's parents are not shown? Well, they've done their job and bred two uberkind, and instilled in them a neurotic and destructive thirst for competition about knowledge, so fair's fair.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 08:18:07 PM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2019, 09:07:11 PM »
Spoiler
well, dutch fans were saying it is. its at least sunburst's, as she has his mark. and it was announced that starlight would end up with someone, so it appears to be theirs.
Spoiler
I see people assuming that that one pony is Starlight/Sunburst's daughter, but afaik it's never stated/implied.

• She's way older than Pinkie's, or even Big Mac/Sugar Belle's kids.
  • She sees Starlight & Sunburst when she's shown around the school (seemingly for the first time), and they don't seem to acknowledge each other as parents/child, at least the way that the other kids did.
  • Looking at a sub that someone did, it appears that she doesn't care about friendship/making friends, thinks it's a waste of time, and wants to quit the school because of it. That'd be weird coming from Starlight's daughter.
  • There's no romantic implication between Starlight and Sunburst, at least in these last 3 episodes (did they hint at it earlier? I haven't kept up with the show).

She certainly looks like their daughter and bears a striking resemblance to them, but she may just be a random student of Twilight's.

Guess we'll have to wait for the English release.

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:22 PM »
Spoiler
its at least sunburst's, as she has his mark.

Spoiler
Oh wow, how did I not notice that.

I still find it odd that she's so much older than the other kids, though. Especially Big Mac/Sweetie Belle's.

I'm also curious on just how much time's passed in that time-skip. 20-ish years?

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2019, 09:48:30 PM »
Spoiler
i figure starlight to be a decent bit older than the mane six... so maybe they had her right after the final battle?  maybe she isn't that much older than pinkie's child, it seems based off episode 17 that they go from kids to adults quick lol. so yeah my guess is they had her right after. its 15-ish years later maybe? based off the other kids' ages? 
Spoiler
its at least sunburst's, as she has his mark.

Spoiler
Oh wow, how did I not notice that.

I still find it odd that she's so much older than the other kids, though. Especially Big Mac/Sweetie Belle's.

I'm also curious on just how much time's passed in that time-skip. 20-ish years?

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2019, 10:10:55 PM »
Okay, okay, I watched it. It was cute! What a sweet ending.

Spoiler
You know what really gets me
Spoiler
with that time skip and all?

They didn't show older Flurry Heart. I would have wanted to see her as a young alicorn princess and see what's happening to her, if she would become her aunt's student or take over her mother's queendom.
But we didn't see any of the Miamore-Armors XD
Adult Flurry Heart was shown in the stained glass in Twilight's castle! She had blue heart-shaped jewelry and everything. Don't feel like pulling the episode back up to screencap it but yep, she was there. :P

Spoiler
I DO have Sugar Belle and Big Mac's kid on hand, though, for whoever asked:

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »
I have watched the rest of the episodes, thus I have now fully watched all of FiM.
...Yaaay.  :lookround:
For real, I need to take a breather. I think I overdosed on pony today.  :|
Spoiler
The epilogue was so schmaltzy and sappy...but I loved it.  :biggrin:  A show like this kinda deserves a super happy ending.
Though I do need to see it in English (anyone got subs?) because I wasn't entirely sure what Twilight and her friends were crying about. I'm guessing they will rarely get to see her anymore? I guess they all now rule Equestria in their respective domains?
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2019, 10:36:32 PM »
Spoiler
The epilogue was so schmaltzy and sappy...but I loved it.  :biggrin:  A show like this kinda deserves a super happy ending.
Though I do need to see it in English (anyone got subs?) because I wasn't entirely sure what Twilight and her friends were crying about. I'm guessing they will rarely get to see her anymore? I guess they all now rule Equestria in their respective domains?

Spoiler

For subs, this is about all I could find: https://pastebin.com/yW0ECJEm

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:44:46 PM by AvianWing »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal