collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wanaccessory retro G1 MLP handbags / purses  (Read 834 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Wanaccessory retro G1 MLP handbags / purses
« on: August 23, 2019, 04:48:19 PM »
Sooo, was anyone else aware that Hasbro China and Wanaccessory (fashion / handbag company) had a huge celebratory blowout this March and released a bunch of retro G1 handbags and backpacks?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

From YohoGirls.com article (through Google Translate):

On March 30th, Shanghai, the senior original bag brand Wanhao WANASCESSORY and the world famous IP image Xiaoma Baoli MY LITTLE PONY cross-border cooperation new product exhibition opened in Shanghai 2019 autumn and winter international fashion week. The event showed 30 new cross-border products from two brands, including handbags, accessories, masks, small accessories and other categories. At the event, the ribbon-cutting ceremony was completed by Wanhao WANACESSORY designer COKO WAN Wanmengyi and Hasbro’s Cheung, the senior director of the consumer goods department of Hasbro Greater China, and announced that the MY LITTLE PONY 2019 Chinese fantasy dream tour was officially opened. The Shanghai Railway Station will start sailing, and the new cross-border products will be on tour in 70 Wannan WAVECCESSORY stores nationwide.

Also, has anyone heard of Wanaccessory?  Some sites confusingly mention them having a London connection, but at the same time I've found almost nothing about them in English language articles, which makes me think maybe they play up "~London~" to seem more exotic to their Chinese market.  If they really do sell in the UK that would be very cool.  So far I've only found them on Taobao, which is how I even know about this.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 06:28:46 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: WANACCESSORY
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:06:27 PM »
I love it! Also that Fizzy standee.
Are these affordable?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »
Those are really cute!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 06:40:51 PM »
I love it! Also that Fizzy standee.
Are these affordable?

LadyMoondancer made a post on tumblr, where a purse is less than half the price of the Moschino ones!

WANACCESSORY's stuff is super cute! It would be nice if they were easy to acquire.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:03:37 PM »
I've been pricing out all their stuff and their absolute cheapest thing is the pony cut-out (don't know what else to call it) that is intended to snap onto their glasses case.  If you just buy the pony, not the glasses case, they're about $10 each.

You could probably sew them or snap them onto other things?  I think they're leather.

The purses are super cute, they have snap on elements too, so you can kind of customize them.  They're also reversible, with a pony-print side and a "neutral" side without ponies.  (But you can still snap add-on ponies onto the neutral side.)

Like Ragamuffin said, about $200 for the purse incuding pony add-ons.  Which is more than I've ever spent on a purse, but seems like not too bad for leather? (Ha ha, idk, I usually buy everything secondhand.  Super tempted by some of this stuff, though!)

BTW you can find all their listings on Taobao by searching "wanaccessory mlp".   They also have some beautiful G1 backcard art in their listings.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:05:42 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »
I've been pricing out all their stuff and their absolute cheapest thing is the pony cut-out (don't know what else to call it) that is intended to snap onto their glasses case.  If you just buy the pony, not the glasses case, they're about $10 each.

You could probably sew them or snap them onto other things?  I think they're leather.

The purses are super cute, they have snap on elements too, so you can kind of customize them.  They're also reversible, with a pony-print side and a "neutral" side without ponies.  (But you can still snap add-on ponies onto the neutral side.)

Like Ragamuffin said, about $200 for the purse incuding pony add-ons.  Which is more than I've ever spent on a purse, but seems like not too bad for leather? (Ha ha, idk, I usually buy everything secondhand.  Super tempted by some of this stuff, though!)

BTW you can find all their listings on Taobao by searching "wanaccessory mlp".   They also have some beautiful G1 backcard art in their listings.

Ooh I didn't know about the snap-on stuff! I figured that kind of thing was going on but it's nice to know that it's actually mix-and-match! That's sooo cool! I love the Sand Digger one! I love to see variety beyond the typical Starshine and Parasol. ;)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:01 PM »
This is such a cute collab! These are cuter than the Moschino ones, imo. Especially loving the Firefly and Megan snap-on! Very unique  :heart:
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 04:03:56 AM »
The customization idea is really neat! I really like this more than the Moschino stuff.

I think it's interesting that this is yet another collaboration with a designer fashion brand using G1. Retro ponies seem to go well with luxury :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal