collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney will remake Bambi in new Lionking style  (Read 3709 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Disney will remake Bambi in new Lionking style
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 10:55:27 AM »
I cried at Disney movies when I was four and I know lots of little kids still do.  Villains were scary.  My three year old niece screamed and hid when Elmo fell into Grouchland.  So, being too scary is pretty normal for little kids.  I think Snow White was just one of the first times parents took their kids to a cartoon and had them cry.  Older kids loved it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
Was snow white originally seen as 'too dark' when it was first made?  I think I remember reading that kids were crying?

When Snow White was in theaters the first time, theater owners hated it because it scared children so much that they peed their pants and they had to clean it up.  Walt even said he would never make a Disney villain as scary as the Evil Queen again. 

Offline CharmingBirthday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »
Well, I probably wont see the movie, but thank you for letting me know about the book! I had no idea!

Just reserved it from the library :D
❀  I'm g3supreme on Tumblr!  ❀
My G3 Collection (on snupps)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2019, 01:58:35 AM »
I'm very curious about it.

I didn't know there was a book for Bambi, so I'll have to read that, but I've got a huge soft spot for the movie. My ex-husband's great grandpa was an artist for Disney and I spent the last ten years hearing so many stories about his work. His work on Bambi was some of his best and it was the movie that was 2nd most talked about movie that he worked on. Fantasia was the only one I heard more stories about. Even if my ex and I aren't together anymore, those stories mean so much to me and it makes the movies mean a lot more than they did to me as a kid.

Aside from that, I saw the "live action" (I wish people would stop calling it that) Lion King last week and I really enjoyed it. Part of that was definitely being in El Capitan, loving how much they put into the experience, but as a movie I still liked it. I felt it was a lot of fun and an interesting take on the movie. Of course I have some complaints but they're relatively small ones. Seems I might be in the minority though, haha.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
I have no interest in remakes, I would much rather see something new.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 03:40:19 PM »
   Interesting, but I’m not all that excited. The lion king remake looks visually very nice, but it isn’t meant for expressive storytelling. And since most animated stories are 80 percent expression through visuals and voice, I don’t feel all confident about it. If Disney could make it a bit more cartoony, it’d be better. The best? Just please, please for the love of storytelling just make a new movie!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal