collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Princess Gold Lily

have her
18 (54.5%)
want her
5 (15.2%)
new to me
1 (3%)
army
0 (0%)
gonna think some more
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: August 24, 2019, 09:23:06 AM

Author Topic: POTD 8/19/19 Princess Gold Lily  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 8/19/19 Princess Gold Lily
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 07:18:58 AM »
New to me, and I'm with Zaps - she looks so randomly/weirdly patched together that if I came across one second hand I'd surely think she's a fakie... not in the good way, so she's an easy pass. And I'm saying this as someone who mostly likes fakies, and definitely loves yellow ponies.

I had her... but didnt like her and gave her to the daughter of my husbands workmate. She didnt like her either lol. Poor pony!
OK, I laughed out loud on this, and now I feel so guilty and sorry for the poor thing :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 07:23:03 AM »
I don't get why people are acting like her being toy only is weird? Hasbro has only been making ponies that are strictly in the toyline forever.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 08:31:19 AM »
Had her in the past.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 08:59:59 AM »
I don't get why people are acting like her being toy only is weird? Hasbro has only been making ponies that are strictly in the toyline forever.
Well, with G4 it's a little different I guess? They focus so much on a concrete canon of the two princesses, alicorns, etc. and how special they are that it's a little weird when they have a alicorn princess with no information on why or a tie in with the show. especially being surrounded by the mane six and other show character toys.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 09:30:15 AM »
Well, with G4 it's a little different I guess? They focus so much on a concrete canon of the two princesses, alicorns, etc. and how special they are that it's a little weird when they have a alicorn princess with no information on why or a tie in with the show. especially being surrounded by the mane six and other show character toys.

So? They still made toys that were toyline only.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
I still have this one and like her she was one of the ones I kept. I just like her name and colors.

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 07:53:46 PM »
Have her, and I'm glad I do! Love the colors, love the larger princess pose in general, and of course a new character was always a welcome sight on the shelves.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2019, 08:09:36 PM »
Have. Very unique pony, I have to say... I like her well enough. It’s nice to have more alicorns, and REALLY nice to have something other than M6 or the canon princesses...

Let’s see... that makes a total of three “toy-only” G4 alicorns, right? Skyla, Gold Lily, and Sterling.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
I have her! I love her!! One of my absolute FAVOURITE G4s. I love the princesses so much!!!

(The only thing I don't love about her and Sterling is that they were both packaged with Yet Another Main Six Re-Release x) but, a small price to pay for pretty new ponies~)

I don't get why so many people are weirded out by her and Sterling's existence, either. :p they're hardly the only toy-only G4s, I don't see why their species should make much of a difference. Who cares if it ~*violates FiM canon*~ for them to be winged unicorns, I love WUs and I want more of them >P

Could've sworn I had a better photo of her, but apparently not :/ I don't get her symbol, either. I like it, though; makes a nice change from all the generic heart/berry symbols that plague G4 :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 01:08:34 PM »
I have her! I love her!! One of my absolute FAVOURITE G4s. I love the princesses so much!!!

(The only thing I don't love about her and Sterling is that they were both packaged with Yet Another Main Six Re-Release x) but, a small price to pay for pretty new ponies~)

I don't get why so many people are weirded out by her and Sterling's existence, either. :p they're hardly the only toy-only G4s, I don't see why their species should make much of a difference. Who cares if it ~*violates FiM canon*~ for them to be winged unicorns, I love WUs and I want more of them >P

Could've sworn I had a better photo of her, but apparently not :/ I don't get her symbol, either. I like it, though; makes a nice change from all the generic heart/berry symbols that plague G4 :silly:

:hifive:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 01:15:27 PM »
*squint* What is her cutiemark anyways?

Anyhow, I like how she (and Sterling) sort of break FIM rules with their existence :P
I'm however, not too big on the pink wings. Maybe a gradient would have worked better?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 02:02:03 PM »

Honestly, I have no idea. There's a good pic of it on the wiki... I've always thought it looked like a cog, personally. :p

And I agree that gradient wings would've looked better. That's like the one part of Gold Lily that I'm not too big on, just feels like another case of Hasbro tacking pink on because "it has to have pink or it won't sell!!" ¬_¬. A yellow/pink gradient would've been so pretty!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
I have her. I bought her at ponycon with Euros I had left over from a conference trip to Paris that had literally been the day before, and I hadn't had a chance to change money back so I consider her a freebie pony xD.

I don't really know what to make of her but I like her colours.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
She is such a strange G4! With all the other characters from the G4 toyline that are toy-only, like Feathermay, I could see them appearing in the background at some point. Or like Blossomforth, where they DID appear in the background later on. But these two princesses have absolutely no connection to the show at all, and can't exist in the world as it is established in the series. Very strange!

I bought the other princess because her purple wings kinda went with her pink body okay, but I passed on this pony because I couldn't get over pink wings stuck on a yellow body. Like Zapper said, she looks like a high quality fakie. She is the only non-Mane 6 character I don't own, for brushables.

I believe it's just two little hearts with a design in a circle around them. Kinda like how each of the CMC's have an icon with a shield around it. But not designed as well.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 05:28:45 PM »
It looks like a gear.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal