collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP:FiM Season 9, Episode 15 - "2, 4, 6, Greaaat"  (Read 624 times)

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
MLP:FiM Season 9, Episode 15 - "2, 4, 6, Greaaat"
« on: August 19, 2019, 12:09:27 AM »
I like that we skipped 2 4 6 Great. I had a whole rant ready to post, but I think just not acknowledging it whatsoever is better.
Yeah, I was going to do this sooner, but I got a bad case of procrastination.

Anywho, the title could easily be read in a sarcastic tone, and that's very fitting as this episode is not a pleasant watch at all. If you wanted more reason to dislike Rainbow Dash, you've gotten a lot more.
I am trying to see it from her perspective; that it would be frustrating to be pulled aside to be part of something you don't care for when something you love is going on next door. But unfortunately this throws quite a bit of continuity and character development right out the window. At the same time though, has Rainbow ever really had any solid growth in her character lately? I hear a lot of people say that this isn't what she's normally like and that it's out of character. But, is it really? She's been a self-centered jerk numerous times, so it's hard to say.

I'm baffled we got two Buckball episodes this seasons, and I still see the sport as nothing but glorified pony pong.  XP
This is also probably the most focus we've had on Snips probably season 1. And you know it's embarrassing when Snips is the reasonable one compared to their coach.
I'm still not a big fan of Smolder, but I can appreciate her seeing right through Dash's bull-putty.
Twilight pulling a Celestia at the end is a little amusing. Even she knows that Rainbow Dash is a bratty child at heart that refuses to grow up.  :P
It's a little off-putting that Celestia's magic school students who were kind of at a disadvantage still won at the end.
Lastly, on a similar note, is everypony just deathly afraid of balls?
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Overall, unimpressive and rather mean-spirited episode, not even very entertaining unlike the next episode.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:13:14 AM by TJgamer »
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Re: MLP:FiM Season 9, Episode 15 - "2, 4, 6, Greaaat"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:03:03 PM »
Fluttershy does a "Concerned Pony" face for a second near the top of the episode.  :)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: MLP:FiM Season 9, Episode 15 - "2, 4, 6, Greaaat"
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:28:05 PM »
I’m so sad that these are the episodes they are putting out for the final season! They’ve all been pretty much lackluster, and the characters so unlikeable! Every episode feels like there’s a character so out of place that it’s unharmonious! Just my opinion, I’m very disappointed in this season, but I’m holding out for the season finale!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal