collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Happy finds from a weekend visit to the in-laws  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Happy finds from a weekend visit to the in-laws
« on: August 14, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
Two weeks ago (yeah, I took ages to finally post these pics, sorry -_- ) we went to my husband's parents and spent the weekend there, like we usually do during the end of each month. During these visits there are certain places I like to visit, like two second-hand shops, and a flea market held on Saturday mornings in the parking place of a local supermarket. One of the second-hand shops never has ponies (but usually has lovely household items), but the other one sometimes does, and so does the flea market. This weekend I got super lucky, because I came home with 3 ponies - but what ponies! I find it really hard to pick a favourite... two of them have a yellow body (which is my favourite pony colour), and the third one is - wow, just wow!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Satin Splash is an upgrade, mine has worse hair and stains. Ringlet is a hot mess: she literally has dreadlocks, is covered in stains and has spiderwebs on her wings :P but oh wow, that colour! This pastel yellow might be my new favourite!  :lovey:  I'm sure I can clean her up to a state I'll be happy with. I was never a picky collector, and I could forgive a lot to a pony with such a lovely colour scheme. The third pony... oh boy! I spotted her on the way to the table of the lady who was selling her from further away, and on my way to the table I was thinking "wow, a Minty, finally, I never had her" - and then when I grabbed her, well, she was not Minty :shocked: :cool: I know little about Nirvanas, so I needed to do some research to find out who she is. What still makes me wonder though is how she got here - I'm pretty sure these ponies weren't released here, but based on the little info I found, not even in countries that are close to us...

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Happy finds from a weekend visit to the in-laws
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 03:21:39 PM »
wow what a lucky find, big congrats. i would be happy to buy the green one of you if you don't want it :P
she is an alternative birthflower pony, they were released here in New Zealand, Australia and some European country. someone might have more info
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Birthflower_Ponies

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 03:54:23 PM »
Mhhh, maybe Holly got over from Sweden or Denmark? Awesome find! :biggrin:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »
Yay congrats
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 01:07:46 AM »
Wow, awesome finds!
Back when I was asking around about pony releases in Europe, I think someone said they'd found some alt birthflowers second-hand in Hungary....the ways of pony distribution are strange!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »
Oh wow! What lucky finds!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
What an awesome find you got with Holly!  I love the alt Birthflower ponies so much :lovey:  I was talking to a collector who lives in Tonga a while back and she said they were sold on the shelves there too. 

Anyway, I just wanted to *high five* you on your finds. Congrats!!  :cheer:

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
Wow, what incredible luck! Major Congrats!
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
Great finds! Especially the alt. Birthflower :D

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 01:07:39 AM »
Thats a real nice catch you got there :) You see sometimes you find something unexpected in an unexpected place :)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
What an awesome find you got with Holly!  I love the alt Birthflower ponies so much :lovey:  I was talking to a collector who lives in Tonga a while back and she said they were sold on the shelves there too. 

Anyway, I just wanted to *high five* you on your finds. Congrats!!  :cheer:
wow Tonga, good to know

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 02:53:57 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to respond, we had a national holiday, and I spent the long weekend at a festival in the mountains with no signal and thus no internet (after the first day which was strage, it was surprisingly relieving not to have the option to check mails :D ).

Thank you everyone! I have since cleaned up all three girls (well, apart from the hair of Ringlet. I need some more mental preparation for that :P ), and they all cleaned up fine - Ringlet has marks that stayed, but I don't care because I am just madly in love with her colour, which, now that she's clean, is an even more beautiful pastel yellow. Holly is in super good condition, the marks on her front right leg came right off, so there's only a few dot spots on her that I totally don't mind :) Apologies Dee, but I intend to keep her :) I really like her (I love the collector's pose, and her colouring is especially unusual for this pose), and with her price range, she's exactly the kind of pony I'd only ever have the chance to get by lucking out like I did now :)

Back when I was asking around about pony releases in Europe, I think someone said they'd found some alt birthflowers second-hand in Hungary....the ways of pony distribution are strange!
Oh cool, good to know! Coming to think of it, Holly is not the first alt birthflower I found here either - last summer I scored alt January Carnation from this same flea market (here's an Instagram pic I snapped of her, which totally discuises her alt state :D ), it's just that her white body colour always makes me forget she's an alternative.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal