collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?  (Read 7232 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 03:06:32 AM »
I'm not a fan of the ones with lots of big extra bits like a big drinking straw, rollerskates or a bowl with a fish in it etc. Just seems a little too far-fetched. I know the whole thing is far fetched and makes no sense though  :lol: I'm not a fan of super long hair in any gen either. Not sure why, just personal preference.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 03:45:30 AM »
This is a difficult one...

The closest I can think of is that I find it silly how some of the baby ponies are just baby versions of the adult ponies - I don't dislike them personally, but I find the idea of them silly.  I would have rather they had been new ponies or actually younger versions of their adult counterparts (I wonder if anyone who played with G1 toys actually treated the baby ponies as this?)

I'd never paid attention to what the Drink 'n Wet ponies were, but yeah, I can see why people wouldn't like them... I've never been drawn to the idea of toys that wet themselves (I guess it's to make it realistic, like you're really looking after the toy?  Still doesn't appeal to me.)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 04:51:31 AM »
I used to dislike BnG Ringlets, especially her body mold, then, ironically, the user here named Ringlets, turned me on to her with proper Pink hair streak and not faded white...and I have loved her ever since!

NOW, my least favorite pony is Party Time...again that pose I know...but honestly it's more about teh colors-that sickly peach *blech*, and again ironically, I actually like the mold when it's a "Daddy", For example Sunbright and Berrytown...so I guess there's no accounting for taste  >_<

Speedy  is another one I am not a fan of, for the same reason as Party time, the color combination is kinda bland and clashes...

Also, Collector pose-least favorite pose easily, but I love the color of all teh ones in that pose...it's an odd dislike...
I used to say that the baby sea ponies look like tiny blobs with barely any detail, but they have grown on me as well...

I'm also not a huge fan of BBEs, even Icing, who is very unique in her color, is just a little "off" to me...but I take in ALL ponies and don't discriminate when it comes to collecting ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:15:05 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:44 AM »
I feel bad saying this because BBE ponies are getting so ruthlessly dunked on in this thread, but... they honestly creep me out a little  :huh: i think they'd be cuter if they had actual horse-style eyes instead of the weird human ones they do have.

I'm not a fan of any pony in the bride pose. I like the colourswirls because of how weird they are but the bride ponies themselves are... ehhh. I prefer a chunkier G1 and i imagine the pose would be difficult to play with.

I really disliked the DnW babies until i actually got one (baby rainfeather) and spent the day rehairing her. They've grown on me quite a bit... you just have to ignore the weird hole at the back  :lookround:

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »
So soft ponies! I love the characters but always find myself wishing their symbols were more visible. Plus once the glue beneath the flocking yellows, they start to appear moldy... And Perfume puffs! That hair is IMPOSSIBLE! No thanks.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2019, 07:55:00 AM »
Adult Ballerina ponies

Yeah, those are weird to me, too. But I looove the babies. I had two as a child and I was obsessed with them.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2019, 07:59:21 AM »
- Sitting Pose (Seashell etc)
- Beddy Bye Eyes
- Soda Sippin Ponies

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2019, 08:52:46 AM »
BBE ponies. Of course.

Those ponies with the little "Pockets" on their hips-

Ballerina ponies

Secret Message ponies (the area with the message is just an ugly grey blob or it has scratches on it)

The neon ponies- I KINDA appreciate them more now that the neon colors are so 1989 retro-  but okay not really. The colors sucked then and they suck now. Neon bad.

I agree adult Sea Ponies are useless.  Too big to play with, not cute... always have icky black stuff in their hair if they were played with..

Babies with underpants painted on.

I agree the D&W ponies are creepy with their butt-holes. yikes.

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:29 AM »
I have to confess the big brothers are not my cup of tea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:   :lol:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 12:21:29 PM »

Heretic!! :throw:

:silly:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2019, 02:01:08 PM »

Heretic!! :throw:

:silly:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:   :lol:
Lol! Probably should've gone into the unpopular opinions thread :P

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 02:15:45 PM »
I don't like how G1 pearly ponies look, they look faded and just weird. They'd be okay if the symbols and eyes weren't pearly. I don't like First Tooths.
Flutter ponies are overrated. I like the concept of dainty fairy ponies but... I don't know. I'm not crazy about them like everyone else is.

I don't mind the MM's in general, but MM Windy's color scheme is so bad.

I think the purple/pink/yellow combo is cute but the tree makes it SO bad. I hate her symbol too but it would've been a tiny bit better if they made it a lighter green.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
I don't like the Big Brothers either.  They don't fit in with the rest of the line visually.  (Same with Sweetheart Sisters.)

The Baby Brothers are even worse though, their face sculpts are off-putting.  They kind of look like frogs.  (It's the cheeks.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Alright - what G1\\\'s do you dislike?
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
anything with sticky outie  eyelashes  and bendy broken looking legs and neck poses like quakers and princess tiffany, all the magic message ponies and the second wave of weird tinsel princess ponies.....AAAAAAAAAAANNDD brake-down, black spots and discolouration of the vinyl :P

Post Merge: August 13, 2019, 02:22:24 PM

I don't like the Big Brothers either.  They don't fit in with the rest of the line visually.  (Same with Sweetheart Sisters.)

The Baby Brothers are even worse though, their face sculpts are off-putting.  They kind of look like frogs.  (It's the cheeks.)

though i like the big brother and sweet heart sister i know what you mean about not fitting in visually, it always bugged me they weren't to scale to all the other ponies  :huh:

Post Merge: August 13, 2019, 02:32:08 PM

I'm not a fan of the ones with lots of big extra bits like a big drinking straw, rollerskates or a bowl with a fish in it etc. Just seems a little too far-fetched. I know the whole thing is far fetched and makes no sense though  :lol: I'm not a fan of super long hair in any gen either. Not sure why, just personal preference.

it was like they were running out of ideas and getting desperate.  i remember getting disappointed as a kid as G1's were going along with all their weird gimmicks. after year 6 things just got worse as the years went on
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:32:08 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal