collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?  (Read 7370 times)

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2019, 08:15:00 PM »
Extremely long hair doesn’t age well. Might be why Rapunzel bugs me a lot.
That, and the Quackers pose. Such pretty ponies in such a weird pose; it throws me off... The same could be said with Sunbeam’s pose and the Powder pose.
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2019, 09:12:05 AM »
Honestly I don't think any set offends me as much as the Fancy Pants. After six years of Baby Ponies with removeable cloth diapers or patterned panties, Hasbro releases a set of babies with painted on underpants and calls it a gimmick. They couldn't have been less creative if they tried. The Drink 'n Wets are technically more gross, but I still like them a lot better. They had unique poses, fun accessories and removable cloth diapers.

Not too wild on the Sundae Bests for reasons people have already said. But also because ever since childhood I've found it boring with sets where every pony's symbol focus around the exact same thing. But there are interesting things about them, like Swirly Whirly's pose and and how Peppermint Crunch actually kind of improves on the Firefly pose. And I do have some nostalgia for the set.

I'm fond of Newborn Twins and especially their accessories, but I think Teeny Tinys are cuter. Don't care much at all for newborns that aren't twins.

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2019, 11:04:44 AM »
I don't like any of the scented ponies. Scented things always turn out weird, in my opinion. That said, I do have a G3 Citrus Sweetheart, and their scents have faded so much they are fine. I also don't like the G1s with crazy frizzed hair, like the Perfume Puff ponies. Ummmm... I'm not into the SHS so much, just because I prefer the chubby bodies.... that's about it, though.

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
I'm not a fan of the super-gimmicky ones from the later years of G1, like the Dance N' Prance, Ballerinas, Happy Tails, Sweet Talkin' or Sippin' Sodas. I'm also not fond of a lot of the baby gimmicks, especially BBE's and Drink N' Wets. I appreciate the Rockin' Beats for their ridiculous 80's-ness, but the one in that set I really don't like is Sweet Notes. Her symbols remind me of amoebae!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
THe funny thing is that as a kid I thought the pocket ponies were weird (still had one though) but really adored the baby ballerinas (we didn't have the adults). As an adult I am less charmed by the ballerina gimmick, though. I guess it tapped into something  for me as a kid in the early nineties, which I outgrew in the meantime. Maybe hasbro knew what they were doing with their gimmicks.

Still don't hate them as they were childhood ponies for me, just not sure why I was so enamoured.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal