collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?  (Read 7394 times)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alright - what G1's do you dislike?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2019, 08:24:03 AM »
The only ponies I don't like are BBE and drink n wets

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2019, 08:51:48 AM »
BBEs
Ballerinas
Teeny Tinies
Eyelash Princesses
Drink n’ wet babies
Princess Sparkle
Rapunzel
Applejack
Moondancer pose

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »
I never understood why we needed pony friends....there were hundreds of ponies; why would they need more friends?! I did get Zigzag one year as a birthday present and honestly, when I played with my ponies, poor Zigzag would be left on the sidelines.  :lol:

Also don't care for the Sweetheart Sister ponies. They just look weird compared to the other ponies. The ones with the eyelashes are especially terrifying.   

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2019, 09:42:23 AM »
I never understood why we needed pony friends....there were hundreds of ponies; why would they need more friends?!
The same reason The Care Bears needed Care Bare Cousins, I guess...

I have no idea if this is even linked (or even if they came out close together), but they seem like a similar idea - a group of animal friends who aren't the main animal from the toyline.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:20 PM »
I never understood why we needed pony friends....there were hundreds of ponies; why would they need more friends?!
The same reason The Care Bears needed Care Bare Cousins, I guess...

I have no idea if this is even linked (or even if they came out close together), but they seem like a similar idea - a group of animal friends who aren't the main animal from the toyline.

We had carebear cousins in the UK, but never any MLP friends. So I wonder whether Hasbro UK just thought it was a step too weird for them to stock in stores.  It's a good thought though, that Hasbro were trying to tap into that part of the market...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2019, 05:24:03 AM »
I guess when it comes to poses I hate the one that looks like it melted. I think we used to call that one baby elephant? XD
The Sunbeam pose. Too bad because I love Sunbeam's color scheme but that mold just looks too strange for me.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »
I guess when it comes to poses I hate the one that looks like it melted. I think we used to call that one baby elephant? XD
The Sunbeam pose. Too bad because I love Sunbeam's color scheme but that mold just looks too strange for me.

Which one's the baby elephant pose?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Alright - what G1\'s do you dislike?
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2019, 07:55:50 AM »
*Sobs* Sunbeam is one of my fav ponies but I have to agree. I like the pose but they do look like elephants 🐘

Post Merge: November 24, 2019, 07:58:34 AM

Probably just me but he Drink n Wets make me think of elephants too not gonna lie
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:29:30 AM by caseysealia »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »
I basically don't like any that have extra holes or things to do with bodily functions i.e. Drink 'n Wet, Soft Sleepy Newborns, Soda Sippin', Surprise Twins, Fancy Pants. I also have an issue with Flutters, Precious Pocket, Dance n Prance, Happy Tails, Princess Brush n Grow, Ballerina, Baby Ballerina, Secret Surpise, Fancy Mermaid etc as they have extra plastic bits that stick out and which I find wierd. I find the articulated neck on Peek a Boo Babies and Baby Brothers weird and I'm also not much of a fan of the DB pose although I do have several popular ponies in this pose. I find many ponies with wierd eyes especially BBE and those with a pearly finish definitely don't take my fancy, however I do like TE ponies. I only have one or two first tooth ponies as this look isn't my favourite, and I'm also not a fan of the way Newborns or Teeny Tiny babies are sculpted, but I may get over that. I should also add that I'm not a fan of Rapunzel or SLH ponies in the G3. I often dislike ponies with crude cartoon drawings for symbols as well and prefer simple shapes.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:05:58 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2019, 09:17:51 AM »

Sunbeam. I don't know if other collectors call her that but to my friends and I it always looked like that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2019, 09:23:33 AM »

Sunbeam. I don't know if other collectors call her that but to my friends and I it always looked like that.

I agree. It is an ungraceful, elephant like walk.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
But in terms of everything else, Moondancer and Sunbeam are two of the most beautiful ponies. If only they had been made in the shy unicorn pose, I think I could live with those two and none of the others.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2019, 02:02:55 PM »
I’m not a fan of the magic message ponies except mirror mirror the rest just don’t do it for me!

I also am not a fan of the ribbon/buttons/fizzy pose.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »
But in terms of everything else, Moondancer and Sunbeam are two of the most beautiful ponies. If only they had been made in the shy unicorn pose, I think I could live with those two and none of the others.

Princess Misty and Sugar Sweet are the only others, right? It clearly wasn't that popular with Hasbro either...

I don't really like the pose (I would say more hippo than elephant) but the ponies in it are all pretty ones :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2019, 07:34:56 PM »
Green Tootsie.

Also TAF Buttons.  Not sure why they thought that ugly green matched well with pink.

This is SO funny to me because TAF Buttons is my one big grail lmao, I loooove her! Wish she didn’t go for so much 😔

I hate beddy-bye eyes (so creepy), so-softs are kinda 50/50 I just hate how you can barely see their symbols. And the music ones or w/e with the stuff sticking out of their necks? ugly :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal