collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: which generation are you most into?  (Read 3864 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
which generation are you most into?
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:31:45 AM »
Hello,

it's been a while since I asked anything, So here we go.

Which generation are you currently the most into.

I am most into g1 as always but have developed an interest in g3 as well after i rescued 3 ponies from the place I was staying at in the summer. (with the owners permission) I also like g2 but I'm not into collecting them as much. Same with g4.

So what gen are you into right now? And why? What is so great about your gen?

Please let me know.

Cheers,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: which generation are you most into?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »
The first gen is nearest and dearest to my heart. Its the biggest, the prettiest and the best.

Gen 3 is also amazing, nostalgic and wonderful. Its my second fave.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:42:17 AM »
G1 ;)

I first got into them when I found some at an antique shop. I started researching and got interested in the whole line, and the community. Their colors are so pretty, and the sculpting is really nice. And there is so much to learn! Nirvanas, distributions, variants, restoration... there is so much to it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:23:25 AM »
This is interesting... G3 is my favorite because it's so beautiful in many ways, the writing, the animation, the artwork, the ponies both as toys and cartoon characters - I have literally nicknamed it "The Beautiful Generation". 

That being said, I have a lot of respect for the G1 toyline and I do enjoy the show (though it's been a while since I saw it.)

Despite being critical of G4's later episodes, it still means something to me, and I do view it as my favorite show (G3 was movies) despite only really giving it that title for seasons one, two and maybe three (four if I'm being generous - it was the last salvageable season to me.) - it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me, in fact even the later episodes are nostalgic to me, despite not feeling like the same show at times.

So yeah... G3 is my favorite, but I have nostalgic attachments to G1, G3 and G4.  In fact, G3.5 and Newborn Cuties strike nostalgic chords for me in their own way as well.  I like the G2s when I look at them, but I sadly don't think of them as much because even though I love the toyline (despite barely owning anything other than a few G4s and a few fakies) I tend to think of the cartoons first, and G2 didn't have a cartoon so they're not in my mind as much as the other generations are.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:50:39 AM »
G1, because I grew up with them. They have the nostalgia kick but it's also more than that. I like exploring them, and what was sold where, and the history - because unlike later generations it wasn't really seen as a collectible when out. Things that were preserved by collectors in later generations are harder to piece together for G1. It seems like a real toy to me out of the generations, that earned its right to be a collectable...whereas the other generations bounced off it a bit and were both toys and collectables from the off. It's different I think with the generation you grow up with, whatever generation that is.

I like the other generations as well. I don't have a favourite necessarily over all of them. I like G3's diversity and I like the elegance of some of the G2 toys. I also like the original G4 brushables, though not so much the M6 ones unless they are particularly special.

I am not really a fan of G1's animation as I grew up with the comics, though I don't hate it and I love tales. I just see the comics as more important to me than the animation, because the animation "got things wrong" (aka was designed for a US audience and so used US names and ponies that didn't resonate with what I knew as a kid).

I don't care that G2 didn't have animation. I like that it had a better presence in Europe. It was something of a let down after G1 and I won't forget the fighting that happened when it came out within the community - but now, with hindsight, I feel it's found its place and become a proper part of the pony thing. It also has those two happy bouncy dutch pony songs which I love <3.

G3's animation is mostly annoying to me. I do like Minty's Christmas though. Whichever one it is that has spike in it is terrible.

I don't like FIM. I have watched 2 seasons and a bit, plus odd episodes and Starlight Glimmer's introduction. I tried very hard to watch it because I wanted to be able to comment on it with knowledge, not be one of those people just saying I didn't like it because it wasn't my generation. I saw the movie as well. But I don't like it.

I DO however...like Equestria Girls. For all it is silly. It's amazing what the addition of a Sunset Shimmer and a little character development can do :D

So G1 will always win. But I like different things about each of the other gens and have collections of each. Just the only gen I am a completionist and a data geek for is G1. I often need educating on other generations xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »
That’s a good one! I would say G-3 is my favorite but G-1 is definitely the runner up! The artwork and color choices in G-3 are so cute and their aren’t like a thousand variants on each pony... well, pinkie pie’s an exception!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 12:46:15 PM »
My favourite gen is G1. I still have a few G1 ponies to find! I remember them from when i was a child and I like the dumpy child or mother-shaped figures of collector ponies, Firefly etc. I really like the simple, pastoral art work and the general innocence of it all. I do like Sweetheart Sisters and some of the later, more jazzy sets but I only began to like them as an adult. I only discovered wingers as an adult but as stand-alone sets of collectible objects I think they are the most beautiful in terms of concept, sculpt, and colours.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »
G1 to me has the best/most beautiful toys, so from a collecting point of view that's my favourite generation. From an emotional connection point of view, my favourite is G4, because I love the characters and storylines of the tv show :)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 12:39:06 AM »
G1. I grew up with them sooo... They are the 'correct' ponies for me. And I also have been dragged into G3. They are the most similar to G1 for me, and there are just so many lovely G3 ponies out there that how could I not?

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 05:16:36 AM »
G1.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
G1!  It was Rescue at Midnight Castle that pulled me in as a child.  I don’t think I would have been that excited about them if not for that.  I pined for more realistic horses like Bryers.

I also appreciate the look of G3.  Many of them are very pretty.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 07:01:41 AM »
G1! I love G1. I love all of the gens but G1 is my favourite. Can't really explain why - it just is.

I think the gen I have the second-most of is G4. Not necessarily out of preference but more because it's current so easier to pick stuff up for.

Online EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 07:29:27 AM »
G3 as I grew up with them

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 08:02:32 AM »
G1 all the way
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 08:47:23 AM »
Way too hard to decide! I love them all for different reasons... I don’t think I could choose a favorite.

G1 had the funnest animation (IMO) and greatest diversity in mainline toys, plus the nostalgia factor... G2 has a lot of nostalgia for me as well, and I love their jewel eyes and unique design (and the fact that the male ponies actually match the females—as with actual horses/ponies). G3 featured SO many beautiful designs and colors, not to mention elaborate playsets and accessories (and in my case... still more nostalgia). G4, while repetitive in terms of the M6, actually MADE TOYS of VILLAINS—a first for MLP, if I’m not mistaken. G4 also gave us Equestria Girls and a huge and diverse array of merchandise of every kind.

So... four-way tie? XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal