collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Display  (Read 557 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Display
« on: August 04, 2019, 07:07:33 AM »
I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, if not, please relocate. I have just gotten my main pony shelves from IKEA for my ponyroom and now I need help from all of you that Detolf and Billy Bookcases to display  your collections. Specifically, what do you use as risers? I have used homemade foam board risers in the past but my husband really doesn’t want to make me anymore. I will be displaying all gens and playsets. How do you display your playsets with Billys? My Paradise Estate will be tricky because it’s not a huge room and houses a guest bed. Also, I have lots of art but not a lot of wall space once the shelves are up. Photos would be greatly appreciated!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Display
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 12:11:45 PM »
Some of the playsets will fit on a Billy shelf (sticks out a little, but only an inch or two - I have the Pretty Parlour and Lullaby Nursery on a shelf).

Paradise Estate is a tricky one...but since you mention there being a bed, maybe you can get bed risers and tuck the PE in underneath? If the risers sit high enough.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Display
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 12:42:23 PM »
Some of the playsets will fit on a Billy shelf (sticks out a little, but only an inch or two - I have the Pretty Parlour and Lullaby Nursery on a shelf).

Paradise Estate is a tricky one...but since you mention there being a bed, maybe you can get bed risers and tuck the PE in underneath? If the risers sit high enough.

Interesting...you mean like a college dorm type thing? It’s a full sized bed and the ceiling is slanted...mentioning the bed though, I could probably just set it up on the bed. I highly doubt anyone is going to really sleep in there. We have an actual guest room and rarely any houseguests.

My husband just put the last Billy shelf together! Now just the two Detolfs to be assembled and retrieving my other from my parent’s quonset. I may need to hang my posters and art in our bedroom because I have almost no wall space left. I am so excited to start setting up!

How has everyone determined how/where to display without getting overwhelmed? I have ponies from all gens but G1 is my favorite. I have about 1,000 ponies overall. I know I have some extra stuff I will be weeding out too.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal