collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling Collection  (Read 804 times)

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
Selling Collection
« on: August 02, 2019, 05:55:09 PM »
Hey everyone,

I haven't been active in... 7 years here on the forums or in the pony community in general.  I finally feel like my time collecting MLP has come to an end and I'm going to be selling my collection.  I'm just not even sure where to start.  I have been out for so long I don't know prices anymore either.  Is there any sites that have good references for base prices on ponies or should I just price check them here as I'm going through everything?  I don't have an amazing collection or anything but I do have a few complete sets and such.  Also, trying to decide if selling here or ebay would be the best.  Just looking for some advice.

Thanks in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 06:07:16 PM »
Welcome back! I’m saddened to hear you’re selling your collection  :cry:
For selling, I would recommend selling here or the TP, since it would be easier in my opinion, not to mention eBay has selling fees, but it really is up to you :) You could also sell by set or condition. Another way to sell is through Pony groups in Facebook.
For pricing, Bluerose’s guide is often the way to go: http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/
You can also post a thread here with a lost of ponies and condition, or do a price check on ebay (though that’ll be time consuming).
Good luck!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 06:35:55 AM »
I personally always use ebay as a starting point for getting prices since it gives the most up to date pricing. But use completed searches.

The easiest way IMO to sell is group ponies that aren't worth a lot and/or common together in small lots.

And sell ponies worth more than $10+ by themselves.

I also prefer on selling on ebay because it moves faster because more people use it. But I know FB is a very popular alternative (I just don't have it).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TokiBear

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 07:36:49 AM »
Thank you both!  I appreciate it.  I have come to realize this is going to be quite a daunting task but I money is short and we are going to be moving in the spring so I had better get started.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
If you have a lot, I have seen others post a list in the BST section here, with condition and if the Pony has any interesting they can contact you directly. Not sure if it is less time conduming, but it might be a good indicator of which ponies to photograph first;) Are you selling everyone or keeping some? And which gens are you selling?
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline TokiBear

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 12:43:15 PM »
If you have a lot, I have seen others post a list in the BST section here, with condition and if the Pony has any interesting they can contact you directly. Not sure if it is less time conduming, but it might be a good indicator of which ponies to photograph first;) Are you selling everyone or keeping some? And which gens are you selling?

That's a good idea too.  I just started doing an inventory so I know what I've got but I might bring the list over to the forums to see what interest there is.  I'm going to be starting with my G1's and then I have a bunch of G4's from the first couple years they were releasing as well. 

I was always a huge fan of Wind Whistler so she has a special place in my heart so I think I'm going to keep all of the Wind Whistlers I've gotten over the years.  Currently searching for my missing now found Argie Wind Whistler to see if I want to sell her or not.  I've got the 2012 SDCC :muffin: Pony that I'm trying to decide if I want to sell her or not too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:11:35 PM by TokiBear »

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 12:50:56 AM »

That's a good idea too.  I just started doing an inventory so I know what I've got but I might bring the list over to the forums to see what interest there is.  I'm going to be starting with my G1's and then I have a bunch of G4's from the first couple years they were releasing as well. 

I was always a huge fan of Wind Whistler so she has a special place in my heart so I think I'm going to keep all of the Wind Whistlers I've gotten over the years.  Currently searching for my missing now found Argie Wind Whistler to see if I want to sell her or not.  I've got the 2012 SDCC :muffin: Pony that I'm trying to decide if I want to sell her or not too.

Hi there! When in doubt: hold on for a while until you are absolutely sure. So many people regret selling ponies a while down the line. Good luck with your sales!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
Please post some pics, we can always give you advice on PC's and of course express interest!
Evilbay is pretty good with ending prices to average out. I wish you luck with your sales!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 11:45:21 AM »
I'd use eBay's completed / sold listings to figure out the base price for your ponies.  If you haven't bought / sold in 7 years then you'll likely find the prices of a lot of them have gone up.

I usually sell on eBay because it's easiest but it's cheaper to sell here or on Facebook because eBay has fees. There are lots of MLP based Facebook groups where you can list your ponies.  One time I even had a FB buyer who lived in the same city as me so we met up on a street corner like a drug dealer, lol.  Ponies for cash!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TokiBear

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
Thanks for all the tips!  I will definitely do some price checks and post photos as I go through everything.  Looking for a good place in my house to do a mini photoshoot of all of them haha.  I did join some of the facebook groups too. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal