collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Storing ponies  (Read 973 times)

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Storing ponies
« on: August 02, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »
First things first is that I wanted to let everyone know that I finished paying my student loans off last month(it's one of the main reasons why I didn't go this years MLP Fair and Con) so I can start house hunting this year and get my own place. :D

My old storage cabinet is getting too small for my ponies and I ran out of room. :( I wanted to shop a display cabinet so I can store my ponies when I get my place(I'm hoping to buy a house later this year, hopefully).

What do you guys recommend the good ones? And while your at, show me the displays of your collection. :3

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Storing ponies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »
I love my new IKEA Detolf shelves :) they're full glass, so if you have a sunny room you might want to get some UV film for them.
I'm going to make some risers, so that you can see all the ponies. :) (and also, the Detolfs don't come with lighting, but I got IKEA Ledberg in a  4 pack and put 2 in each cabinet)
They're also fairly inexpensive - been wanting to get these shelves for SO many years, haha, but finally got them a couple days ago ^^

needless to say, the display is a bit messy at the moment. they had just been unpacked out of the boxes they were in when we moved houses... in March... :yikes:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »
I love my new IKEA Detolf shelves :) they're full glass, so if you have a sunny room you might want to get some UV film for them.
I'm going to make some risers, so that you can see all the ponies. :) (and also, the Detolfs don't come with lighting, but I got IKEA Ledberg in a  4 pack and put 2 in each cabinet)
They're also fairly inexpensive - been wanting to get these shelves for SO many years, haha, but finally got them a couple days ago ^^

needless to say, the display is a bit messy at the moment. they had just been unpacked out of the boxes they were in when we moved houses... in March... :yikes:

Are the top shelves Lemondrops?? That’s impressive!

Here’s my current display, which may not be that helpful since the picture is a few years old, and the display cabinet was kind of a hand-me-down, not to mention I’m running out of space!
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 06:59:45 AM »
I personally like billy shelves from ikea because they are SOOO versatile. (I'm always drooling when I see people have a wall of them.). And you can put glass doors on them, and glass shelves.

https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1274185
^ I think that person uses it in such a great way.

and there's people who just do a full out wall with them too which is always drool worthy.

:) I'm buying other furniture for my house, so solutions for my collections are pretty far low on the totem poll. gotta get cute mid century stuff first. XD

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »

Are the top shelves Lemondrops?? That’s impressive!

Here’s my current display, which may not be that helpful since the picture is a few years old, and the display cabinet was kind of a hand-me-down, not to mention I’m running out of space!

Ooh, that shelf looks good. :3 Something like that I would like to get for my ponies.
And I love your collection. That is a lot of Lemondrops you got there! I also noticed you got a Pretty Pony(I have one too). :3

I personally like billy shelves from ikea because they are SOOO versatile. (I'm always drooling when I see people have a wall of them.). And you can put glass doors on them, and glass shelves.

and there's people who just do a full out wall with them too which is always drool worthy.

:) I'm buying other furniture for my house, so solutions for my collections are pretty far low on the totem poll. gotta get cute mid century stuff first. XD

Oh, that one is good too although it's got a lot of anime merch there(I only have one anime merch which is a chibi Sailor Mars).
I wanted one of those Madoka's figures! XD

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 08:23:54 PM »

Oh wow, I love that bigger shelf! Does it come with the doors, or do you have to (*gulp*) install them yourself?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 11:06:49 AM »
My requirement for Pony Display shelves would be that they accommodate some sort of tiers.  So that ponies don't hide behind each other.  (Gotta prevent those overly proud ones from obscuring the shy ones.)

So are there recommendations for an IKEA model + spice racks?  or DIY tiers?

or would shallower (1 Standard Pony Deep) shelves be the answer?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal