collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Restoring a BBE  (Read 938 times)

Offline Auroralight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Restoring a BBE
« on: July 30, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »
I thought I wanted to make my BBE ponies into NBBE, but now I changed my mind. My Baby Heart Throb is now missing her eyes and I do not know how to put them back. I tried following KottonKandys instruction in "Restoring a BBE ~A Project For The Insane" but using a blow dryer to warm up her face does not work for me. The only result I get out of that is getting the plastic back to start crackle.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is there anyone who know or has any idea what I can do? :work: I do not want to give up on the little darling.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring a BBE
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »
Can you put her head in a plastic baggie and dunk her in warm water?  I'm thinking warm her face while keeping it dry.  I have not tried to pop BBEs back in but I recall it was not easy getting them out.  I replaced one set with google eyes and one with frog eyes.  Both a touch smaller...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Auroralight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring a BBE
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 05:51:37 AM »
Can you put her head in a plastic baggie and dunk her in warm water?  I'm thinking warm her face while keeping it dry.  I have not tried to pop BBEs back in but I recall it was not easy getting them out.  I replaced one set with google eyes and one with frog eyes.  Both a touch smaller...

Dunking the head in water or using a blow dryer, both makes the plastic more flexible, but to me it just means it caves in when I try to push the eye in, the hole doesn't get bigger.  :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal