collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 "Retro" ponies on Target website  (Read 14375 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: G3 "Retro" ponies on Target website
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but personally I'd love it if these were smaller than the originals! More interesting than a straight re-release, and small things are always cute ^_^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 \"Retro\" ponies on Target website
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2019, 12:03:26 PM »
Not sure why these would need to be reproduced as the originals are easily available. 

However, I'm not sure what "Height Lights" are.

"Applejack has a shiny, green height lights in tail and mane so your child can give her fun and unique hairstyles"
"Pinkie Pie has a shiny, pink height lights in tail and mane so your child can give her fun and unique hairstyles."

Does it make them look taller?   :P
lol I think it means "high lights but who knows  :P

Post Merge: August 21, 2019, 12:05:58 PM

It'll remind me of when I was young and picking g3s off the shelves! I've missed that, so I really hope they sell
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:05:58 PM by caseysealia »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
Were G2 really that unpopular?? They're my favorites. :( (Sorry if this was addressed somewhere earlier)

They were pulled in the US while Europe still got new waves, so I assume Hasbro considers them unpopular? It's a shame because they were there for years and they are just as legit as G3.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2019, 12:12:25 PM »
Were G2 really that unpopular?? They're my favorites. :( (Sorry if this was addressed somewhere earlier)

They were pulled in the US while Europe still got new waves, so I assume Hasbro considers them unpopular? It's a shame because they were there for years and they are just as legit as G3.
I never saw them in stores. I remember seeing G1 and G3, that was it. That makes me so sad. Sometimes, Europe just gets all the good things.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »

I never saw them in stores. I remember seeing G1 and G3, that was it. That makes me so sad. Sometimes, Europe just gets all the good things.

Apparently G2 sold better in Europe and it makes me wonder how much Hasbro US had to do with the marketing at the time in Europe... were they already too focussed on G3?  Which could possibly explain their annoying lack of interest in G2 :( Weird since the line lasted four more years in here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:00:09 PM by Moonbreeze »

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2019, 03:01:07 AM »

Apparently G2 sold better in Europe and it makes me wonder how much Hasbro US had to do with the marketing at the time in Europe... were they already too focussed on G3?  Which could possibly explain their annoying lack of interest in G2 :( Weird since the line lasted four more years in here.

For saying G2 sold better in Europe, I never find them second hand around here in the UK. I often find G3 and 4, and even G1s a couple of times. I don't think I've ever seen a G2 in real life, and never had any when I was a kid. That's why I'm not that interested in them, and I'm probably not the only one. Hasbro probably knows this and doesn't see the point of remaking G2 when not so many people now/remember it as the other past gens

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2019, 04:35:24 AM »

For saying G2 sold better in Europe, I never find them second hand around here in the UK. I often find G3 and 4, and even G1s a couple of times. I don't think I've ever seen a G2 in real life, and never had any when I was a kid. That's why I'm not that interested in them, and I'm probably not the only one. Hasbro probably knows this and doesn't see the point of remaking G2 a not so many people now/remember it as the other past gens

No, distribution in the UK stopped fairly fast. But not in the majority the EU (at least west Europe, I'd say France, Spain, Italy and Germany are not insignificant). Granted, it's not a wordwide popularity that the rest of the gens had, but it's no reason to absolutely not feature them or mention them at all ;)

But yeap, I could rant about this all day :lol: So I'll leave it here :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:43:53 AM by Moonbreeze »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »

For saying G2 sold better in Europe, I never find them second hand around here in the UK. I often find G3 and 4, and even G1s a couple of times. I don't think I've ever seen a G2 in real life, and never had any when I was a kid. That's why I'm not that interested in them, and I'm probably not the only one. Hasbro probably knows this and doesn't see the point of remaking G2 when not so many people now/remember it as the other past gens

"Europe" is a pretty broad brush. I'm sure some areas were more pony saturated than others.
I visited southern Germany in 2001 and I remember finding G2 ponies and keychains in all the toyshops- it was so fun and I brought home loads...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2019, 12:31:13 PM »
So are these going to show up anywhere besides Target?  At least on Hasbro's website?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
@Moonbreeze, I'm still not totally sure when it stopped here, G2 stuff, because I've found ponies here second hand that I don't remember seeing in stores. And this is the south east region which tends to have better distribution than where I grew up, so it may be to do with that. I thought they stopped here around 2000 because I remember bringing them back from France in 2000ish and never saw most of those here. BUT I've since found a couple of musical ponies and Water Lily here and they're later, so unless they travelled, it seems like patchy distribution may be to blame.

@Galactica - yeah, Europe is an extremely broad brush. There's no one rule fits all, because it's multiple countries and they all have their own thing. Esp. with G1 but with G2 as well. Somewhat with G3. Not so much with G4 but occasionally. And also retros xD, apparently.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2019, 07:39:05 AM »
I wonder why these are small?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal