Pony Talk > Off Topic

Did You Appreciate Your Toys?

(1/6) > >>

Broken Irishwoman:
This probably seems like a stupid thing to ask on a toy forum, but I am genuinely curious, because... I didn't. :lookround:

The thing is, we would really love to start a family, and we both love toys very much. Ponies, obviously, but also Sylvanians and other sweet things. I would be delighted if our children would play with all the Sylvanian stuff we have, but if they are anything like me, they will not appreciate it and possibly ruin it, too. :crazy: I didn't ruin my toys on purpose, but I wanted to make them "better". I was flighty and had all these horrible, "uncute" interests. To illustrate my concern: Most of my barbies ended up as Chuckie or other monstrous things, for example. :ninja: I was a weird child, seriously. Nothing like the Broken Irishwoman I am today. :P Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I was the way I was...

So what about you? Did you actually play with your toys the way they were meant to be played with? I'd like to think that there are also normal kids in the world, who actually like cute families and want to imagine a peaceful, loving family life when they play with them. :P

Pokeyonekenobie:
I think I appreciated some of my toys better than others.  Growing up, my dad was in the Air Force so we moved every 2-3 years and we would have a garage sale every time we moved so we went through our toys and got rid of the ones we didn't really like anymore.  I don't think I intentionally destroyed any of my toys but my Baby Frosting shows that I once took a pen to him (I always saw that one as a boy-probably because it was green and not pink or white) and even though he has pen marks, I still loved him and plan to keep him forever.

As far as play goes, my brothers' GI Joes used to ride into battle on the My Little Ponies and after playing in the dirt, they'd have a pony spa day.  When I played by myself they had adventures like in the cartoons, meeting up with my stuffed animals and other toys.  I also used them to put on puppet shows.  So I guess I played with them like they were "supposed" to be played with--like toys. :)

BubbleTea:
I cherished my toys. I was actually very protective over them and would get angry if another child ever damaged them. I was not a sharer

Sometimes I'd cut hair though. I'd happily snip away at tails in order to make them more suitable for the show ring.  >_<

poniesthatsparkle:
I always tried to take care of my toys, but they usually ended up getting broken or worn out eventually. I did cut the hair and fur of several toys, but my ponies managed to make it out without even a single hair trimmed.

I think the only toys of mine that are still in decent shape are my Care Bears. But even some of those were chewed by the neighbors' beagle.

LightheartRose:
My dad was in the military too, and we also didn't have a lot of money. It was pretty well drilled into mine and my brother's heads that if we intentionally destroyed a toy, we would be unlikely to get another and if we didn't keep track of them, we may not get a replacement. In fact, the only time I remember getting a damaged toy replaced was when someone stepped on one of my Transformers and broke her. It was an accident, so it was no big deal. (Yes, I totally did own Transformers, LOL. I was also sick with bronchitis at the time.)

As a result of this, we still had the vast majority of our toys. In recent years, we've been giving them away to deserving children or charities. We treated our toys like treasures, and there's still many we won't part with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version