collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breakfast Cereal  (Read 2858 times)

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Breakfast Cereal
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »
I used to have Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes or Coco Pops for breakfast as a kid. Then I gradually switched to some slightly more healthy types of cereal (Special K, Bran, etc.). Nowadays I only have müsli or homemade granola with natural yoghurt. If I want something sweet for breakfast, it's usually just toast and marmalade. :)

Many people in Finland eat porridge for breakfast but I prefer to have mine in the evening, I've found it's usually better to have something more protein-rich in the morning to keep me going. That said, I most often just eat some bread and cheese... and coffee, of course! :coffee:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 04:15:28 PM »
Do you eat breakfast cereal? I heard the other day that it's not that common in the rest of the world. Can this be true? If you eat cereal, which country do you live in and how do you eat it? I just had granola and a spoonful of seeds with mango juice topped with yogurt and strawberries. I also sprinked Turmeric on the yogurt, if you've never tried this it's really good.
So much you just said that I would never think to do with “cereal”. Kinda sounds like a smoothie yogurt snack thing. I would never think to put juice on granola. For me granola is for mixing into yogurt and not much else unless it’s in “bar” form. I like peanut butter, chocolate, and strawberry granolas. Haven’t gotten them in a few years.

I never liked Oreo Os. I was actually extremely disappointed when they first came out because I was so excited that they made my favorite cookies into a cereal. Then I tried it and what a letdown.

Do they still sell Alpha-bits in the US? I remember looking for them a few years ago and couldn’t find them. They used to sell them with marshmallows too. My aunt used to buy them and I only ever had them there. The marshmallow one was in a pink box and the plain in blue as shown by Mewtwofan1.

Bran flakes with some sort of berry on it...This Canadians gotta stay regular you know  ^.^

Haha ok Sheldon

I eat sugarfree mûsli with sour milk and drink a cup of green lemon tea every day (only it has been Earl Grey with a teaspone of honey the last week as it's the only thing that calms my soar throat). The sweetener in the mûsli comes from raisins and I also add dried banana bits that I hacked in smaller pieces and sunflower seeds. In the rare occasions I eat cereal it*s usually bran flakes. My favorit cereal were discontinued a couple of years ago, no other brand has been even near that one which is very dissapointing. I live in Sweden.
Sour milk like intentionally soured milk that gets chunky, or is this like sour cream or buttermilk? What was your favorite cereal that got discontinued?

I live in America and cereal has been always been a staple breakfast food, especially as a kid. Many a time spent reading the back of the cereal box at the table. I always loved the sugary ones as a kid but not all-Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios (with sugar as a child), Very Berry Kix, Kix with sugar, Frosted Flakes, Chocolate Frosted Flakes, Cap’n Crunch (berry, PB, original), Lucky Charms, Rice Krispies with sugar, Applejacks, Honeycomb, Reeses Puffs, Cocoa Puffs, Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles, Crispix with sugar, oh so many! The only cereal that I can think of that I wish they’d bring back is Star Spangles. I loved that cereal!

Sometimes, I will eat strawberry or chocolate frosted Mini Wheats as snacks in my lunch. I don’t like them as much with milk though. I still eat many of the above cereals but not nearly as often. I craved it a lot when I was pregnant but that went away postpartum lol. Often, I will eat instant Strawberries and Cream oatmeal made with milk, chia seeds, flax seed powder (because I am still lactating) and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Otherwise, I don’t eat oatmeal. I really like Cream of Wheat, Coco Wheats and chocolate Malt o Meal. I always make them with milk, add sugar or brown sugar and eat it by spooning it onto buttered toast. Best if it’s French bread. I love milk and always use that instead of water for stuff. When I was doing the 21 Day Fix though I would make oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk. I cannot eat soggy cold cereal though and the milk should be COLD. I usually use skim milk but occasionally use my husband’s 2% because it tastes richer especially with Frosted Flakes. I will add more cereal to my bowl as I go rather than just soaking a ton in the milk so it doesn’t get soggy too fast. The milk cannot drown the cereal, like the cereal a little visible still lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 05:05:29 PM »
Oh! I forgot to mention that Multi-grain Cheerios and Blueberry Mini Wheats are the bomb!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 10:48:30 PM »
I eat sugarfree mûsli with sour milk and drink a cup of green lemon tea every day (only it has been Earl Grey with a teaspone of honey the last week as it's the only thing that calms my soar throat). The sweetener in the mûsli comes from raisins and I also add dried banana bits that I hacked in smaller pieces and sunflower seeds. In the rare occasions I eat cereal it*s usually bran flakes. My favorit cereal were discontinued a couple of years ago, no other brand has been even near that one which is very dissapointing. I live in Sweden.
Sour milk like intentionally soured milk that gets chunky, or is this like sour cream or buttermilk? What was your favorite cereal that got discontinued?

Well, it is hard to describe as there's no word that really translates what it is, sour milk is the closest but it's neither of what you mean. It is more like yogurth in the texture but it's not yogurth. It's like really thick milk and some kinds are a bit sour and some not as much.

The brand that got dicontinued is Axa. It is owned by a collective of swedish farmers and make a lot of stuff based of what grows in the ground. They released a new bran flake some years ago that looks like the old one but is anything but. They really got my hopes up and then I fell flat :pout:.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 01:47:19 AM »
Cereal is a standard breakfast here in the UK, but I don't eat it, I have fruit instead. When I was little I used to love getting free toys out of cereal packets (Kitty in my Pocket! Pound Purries!) but I used to get my dad to eat the cereal for me :lol:.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 08:56:41 AM »
I eat some strawberry o type cereal from Trader Joe’s usually (I’m in the US). Otherwise, I’ll eat something else.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
Netherlands here, I do eat it now and then (with milk or yoghurt). Actually I love it, but it's expensive, and I love my daily bread more. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 05:44:37 PM »
Oh! I forgot to mention that Multi-grain Cheerios and Blueberry Mini Wheats are the bomb!
You're right, blueberry Mini Wheats are the bomb! Healthy on side, sugary-goodness on the other... Mini Wheats are my go to when I want something different!

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 06:06:55 PM »
Frosted Mini Wheats are my favorite  ^.^
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »
I do make it a tradition to get one or two of the reissued monster cereal every Halloween. I'm especially fond of Boo Berry.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
I like cereal, but I rarely eat it any more because it doesn't fill me up for long.

My favorite cereals are Honey-Nut Cheerios, Quaker Oat Squares, Cracklin' Oat Bran, Grape Nuts, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

My mom never bought any sugary cereals for us kids and as an adult I don't like them.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Light

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2019, 02:33:06 AM »
Oh man, I use to like eating cereal when I was small but I can't handle fibre well plus it's really expensive. I really liked how some flavours of cereal came in cute small packaging. :biggrin:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »
I ate Alpha Bits as a kid.  I had a little kids toy license plate that came in the box with letter stickers as a kid.
In the kitchen right now are Cocoa Pebbles (love to drink the chocolate milk that's left over after eating the cereal) and Raisin Bran.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »
OK so everyone does eat cereal! The fruit juice on museli plus yogurt is something I picked up while staying with friends, I don't know how common it is. I used to like those mini raisin shredded wheat actually, and rice crispies.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2019, 08:13:52 AM »
I ate Alpha Bits as a kid.  I had a little kids toy license plate that came in the box with letter stickers as a kid.
In the kitchen right now are Cocoa Pebbles (love to drink the chocolate milk that's left over after eating the cereal) and Raisin Bran.

Oh I remember Alpha-bits.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal