collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Breakfast Cereal  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Breakfast Cereal
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
Do you eat breakfast cereal? I heard the other day that it's not that common in the rest of the world. Can this be true? If you eat cereal, which country do you live in and how do you eat it? I just had granola and a spoonful of seeds with mango juice topped with yogurt and strawberries. I also sprinked Turmeric on the yogurt, if you've never tried this it's really good.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast Cereal
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 07:27:47 PM »
Do you mean just things like Coco Puffs and Froot Loops? Or are oatmeal, granola, etc. counted?

In any case, the answer is a resounding yes. XD Breakfast cereal was such a big part of my childhood... I think I actually stood, gaping open-mouthed, in the middle of the store a few years back... when I saw that they had revived Oreo Os (best cereal ever—no contest). >_<

I’m American... Breakfast here only comes in the sweetened, pre-packaged variety, lol. Usually with a cartoon animal on the box. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
     I love cereal. It was always for breakfast when I was a young child (alpha-bits were my go to), and now I like corn flakes, frosted flakes, honeycomb, more alpha-bits...I know it’s not granola and whatever. I don’t like that stuff I’m afraid. And I’m not sure how big cereal is here in Canada, but people must like it since the store always has it stocked.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:33:00 PM »
Bran flakes with some sort of berry on it...This Canadians gotta stay regular you know  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 07:39:16 PM »
Do you mean just things like Coco Puffs and Froot Loops? Or are oatmeal, granola, etc. counted?

In any case, the answer is a resounding yes. XD Breakfast cereal was such a big part of my childhood... I think I actually stood, gaping open-mouthed, in the middle of the store a few years back... when I saw that they had revived Oreo Os (best cereal ever—no contest). >_<

I’m American... Breakfast here only comes in the sweetened, pre-packaged variety, lol. Usually with a cartoon animal on the box. XD

All of the above! Any dry pieces made from oats, barley, wheat, rice etc

Oreo cereal sounds amazing!

Post Merge: July 26, 2019, 07:40:06 PM

I love cereal. It was always for breakfast when I was a young child (alpha-bits were my go to), and now I like corn flakes, frosted flakes, honeycomb, more alpha-bits...I know it’s not granola and whatever. I don’t like that stuff I’m afraid. And I’m not sure how big cereal is here in Canada, but people must like it since the store always has it stocked.

I've never seen alphabits but is there a G3 pony named after that?

Post Merge: July 26, 2019, 07:41:36 PM

Bran flakes with some sort of berry on it...This Canadians gotta stay regular you know  ^.^

Apparently I'm not supposed to eat granola every day but bran flakes are a bit too healthy tasting for me. Well done to you!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 07:41:36 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 07:44:22 PM »

Oreo Os put all other cereals to shame, lol. They stopped making them for years in America, due to licensing issues... Some people became desperate enough to import them from South Korea (where the license was still going). XD

I believe the pony you’re thinking of is Alphabittle. :) Although her symbol is technically alphabet soup, they do sound alike!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »

Oreo Os put all other cereals to shame, lol. They stopped making them for years in America, due to licensing issues... Some people became desperate enough to import them from South Korea (where the license was still going). XD

I believe the pony you’re thinking of is Alphabittle. :) Although her symbol is technically alphabet soup, they do sound alike!
     Sorry for the confusion, lol. Are alpha-bits a purely Canadian thing? Though the first time I had heard of alphabittle, I immediately thought of the cereal. It’s kind of like alphabet soup, except made of grains and lacks tomato sauce. The packaging as changed over the years, but I managed to find an image of the package I remember fondly,
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 11:37:23 PM »
I eat sugarfree mûsli with sour milk and drink a cup of green lemon tea every day (only it has been Earl Grey with a teaspone of honey the last week as it's the only thing that calms my soar throat). The sweetener in the mûsli comes from raisins and I also add dried banana bits that I hacked in smaller pieces and sunflower seeds. In the rare occasions I eat cereal it*s usually bran flakes. My favorit cereal were discontinued a couple of years ago, no other brand has been even near that one which is very dissapointing. I live in Sweden.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 03:48:14 AM »
Sometimes you just need a good bowl of cereal. I like CheeriOs, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes and for a treat Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch :P I don't drink dairy milk so I have them with whatever nut milk I have on hand (almond or cashew). Sometimes I'll add sugar to Corn Flakes.

As for hot cereal, I love Cream of Wheat. It's comfort food for me :heart:

I'm in the US! Originally from Wisconsin and living in Florida.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 06:06:56 AM »
I'm in the US and I love cereal. I eat it every morning. My favorite cereal is Fruity Cheerio's. They're like Fruit Loops, but a bit tamer.

|My Collection|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2019, 06:56:58 AM »
I don't tend to eat cereal much as it doesn't fill me, but I do like cream of rice and rice Chex!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 11:09:11 AM »
I try not to eat cereal now as twice (!?!) it has either broken or caused a filling to come out from my teeth.

I don't have great teeth for a variety of reasons. They're clean and looked after but they're fundamentally weak, have soft enamel, and basically don't like me very much. Part of it is genetic, my Dad also has bad teeth - partly also because apparently it's common for autistic people to have impurities in their teeth which can make them more prone to issues. Anyhow, whatever it is, my teeth don't like cereal.

I do have some in the cupboard for rare occasions but mostly I don't eat it any more. The stuff in the cupboard is bran flakes. I'm not a fan of the sweet sugary stuff, it's too sweet for me. As a kid I would eat coco pops and stuff but not as an adult. I also hate (HATE) milk, and hate (HATE) soggy food, so cereal with milk or anything liquid is not an option for me. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. Soggy cereal and squishy overripe or overcooked fruit and veg are two of the most disgusting food things on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

I like oat things for breakfast. At home Dad makes porridge regularly so I eat that when he does. But yeah. Old people teeth :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
I don't like cereal or milk.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »
I eat cereal a few times a week. Always something like Oreo-Os, Cinamon Toast Crunch, Cinamon Life, or Honey Bunches of Oats. Occasionally,  I might have Cream of Wheat or instant oatmeal. I would probably eat it every day, but I'm always in a rush in the mornings and don't make time for a breakfast that can't be eaten on the go. I would like to try overnight oats sometime, but the prepackaged kind seems so expensive. I think it America it's a staple breakfast.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 12:57:13 PM »
Yes. Some of my favorites are Frosted Flakes, Kix, Cap'n Crunch, Special K and Honey Bunches of Oats
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal