collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which Ponies Should Be Posed Differently?  (Read 2412 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Which Ponies Should Be Posed Differently?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
all ponies in the dancing butterflys pose, its my least fav but i do have and love tiffany and blueberry basket but that pose bugs the heck out of me, so i would own dancing butterflys and locket too otherwise.

also would love if quackers was in a different pose, such a weird pose for a toy pony to be in but i like her theme so i have the baby ;) to me its a perfecly good waist of a TE pony, also in that pose i would be interested in love letter and cranberry muffins

The BBE ponies should all be in NBBE poses, ha ha ha.

YES, lol, this very much :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 05:13:19 PM »
I know they never made one, but a sitting baby pose would be super cute.

In general, though, I'm happy with almost all the poses.  To me the pose is part of the pony's personality . . . way more than whatever they were like on the TV show or whatever.  Moondancer is Moondancer because she's in the pose she's in . . . she looks calm and wise.

I do have a couple exceptions, though.   I feel like Lemon Drop would benefit from a more active pose because she came with all those jumps.  Like the Scoops pose or Posey pose.  I think the Precious Pocket pony poses are kind of strange because I don't get why they're so big?  Would rather have them more in scale with the other ponies.

I also wish the Soda Sippin' ponies . . . didn't have that mouth-hole thing.  Which I guess kind of counts as "I wish they were in a different pose"?  Like, just include a soda and have them pretend to drink it.  That would be way better than a hole drilled in their face, especially since most kids lost the soda.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 05:25:23 PM »
XD I want more ponies to be in any SHS pose. Especially moonstone.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 06:05:43 PM »

SHS Unicorns would have been lovely! :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »

That would have been interesting! I wonder why they didn't make unicorn and peg shs...maybe too hard with the slender pose?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 02:05:54 PM »
To me its everyone in the firefly pose because of the open mouth
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 11:36:35 PM »
Oh goodness, yes, you nailed it with Lemon Drop. It's always bugged me that a showjumper should be in that pose. I'd have liked to see her in a walking pose. I'm still tempted, one day, if I find a suitably wrecked Posey.

As a kid I always hated the Tootsie pose and wanted CJ and Snowflake to be in other poses. Also Magic Star. Now I don't hate it at all, and Magic Star has another pose, and I don't like it as much...so I guess I came to terms with that one.

I like the Dancing Butterflies pose, it's dainty and elegant to me - though you are right about the hair arrangement issue with display.

I think I would probably just re-pose all the collector pose ponies, though. Especially the birthflowers - so they all had DIFFERENT poses to make them unique.

That is such a good idea re: Posey and Lemon Drop (pauses to make notes)

For me... it is Mimic and all ponies in that break neck pose. I feel sorry for those ponies who can do nothing but stare at the sky all day long. Never can they chat with their friends. Why? Too busy staring Up There. I would prefer Mimic to have been in TAF Buttons' pose - oh yes!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 04:40:41 AM »
I forgot this till Ponyfan mentioned it but Bubbles and Seashell need standing poses for me. Dislike the sitting pose, it is so impractical.

Seashell for the shy pose as she had that kind of personality. Bubbles in the walking or CJ pose I guess as she was more outgoing.  Though I think the walking pose would suit Seashell's colour scheme too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »
G4s. The Mishmash Poses is what they all shoulda been in, bar the wings. G4 wings are the nicest thing about this gen.

Post Merge: July 30, 2019, 11:49:10 AM

I forgot this till Ponyfan mentioned it but Bubbles and Seashell need standing poses for me. Dislike the sitting pose, it is so impractical.

Seashell for the shy pose as she had that kind of personality. Bubbles in the walking or CJ pose I guess as she was more outgoing.  Though I think the walking pose would suit Seashell's colour scheme too.

Didn't Seashell fling around a sea pony who wouldn't let go of her hair? I say Sugarberry pose then. Because it evokes images of cantering along the shore.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:52:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 04:18:17 PM »
G4s. The Mishmash Poses is what they all shoulda been in, bar the wings. G4 wings are the nicest thing about this gen.

Didn't Seashell fling around a sea pony who wouldn't let go of her hair? I say Sugarberry pose then. Because it evokes images of cantering along the shore.

*sees mention of seashell*  :woot:

Even though I adore the sitting pose and think Seashell looks fantastic in it, I do wish she were also released in a more neutral pose like the tootsie pose or the *gasp* collector's pose. Those two would be good for collecting shells in the afternoon.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 04:29:25 PM »

*sees mention of seashell*  :woot:

Even though I adore the sitting pose and think Seashell looks fantastic in it, I do wish she were also released in a more neutral pose like the tootsie pose or the *gasp* collector's pose. Those two would be good for collecting shells in the afternoon.

The story that springs to mind for me with her is the Stolen Shadow, of which she is basically the star who has...well...her shadow...stolen...>.> and then has to go rescue it while avoiding ending up in the whatever it is of forgetfulness (see, I can't remember >.>) where she'd forget all about ponies...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2019, 04:36:06 PM »
Rosette.  Dear lord, Rosette!  She’s a gorgeous pony, except for being in Tootsie’s pose!  I hate that pose.  It nearly ruins any pony that’s stuck with it.  Pretty much any pony in that pose really, but Rosette’s orange/yellow color scheme is so unique and pretty, she’d be a spectacular pony in a different pose. 

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
I have a hard time wth Dancing Butterflies pose as well.  I looks like she broke her neck.

Not really a fan of Toosies pose, Shadys pose or the reversed shy pose (like strawberry surprise)

And the BBE babies. Not just the eyes that are weird. the poses are too!
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
Rosette.  Dear lord, Rosette!  She’s a gorgeous pony, except for being in Tootsie’s pose!  I hate that pose.  It nearly ruins any pony that’s stuck with it.  Pretty much any pony in that pose really, but Rosette’s orange/yellow color scheme is so unique and pretty, she’d be a spectacular pony in a different pose. 

I love the Tootsie-pose, but I agree! She would look so much better in, for instance, Posey's pose.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 09:59:28 AM »
I think G3 Moondancer, Pepperberry and Crystal Crown would look darling on the Sunny Daze pose. I can live with the Sweetberry pose, but its not a favorite.

I'd like Tangerine Sunset to be on the Fizzy Pop or Valenshy pose. I can't stand that pose. She's such a pretty, vibrant pony too, its a shame.

Alphabittle, Toboggan, Autumn Crisp and Bubblecup would look much better on the Daffidazy and Precious Gem poses.

I wish they'd made more then 4 poses for the unicorns, and I wish they'd made all the unicorns. 8 is too few. And while  I'm wishing, I wish G3 had made baby unicorns.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal