collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC EU Ringlets with bows  (Read 797 times)

Offline Gonatcha

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
PC EU Ringlets with bows
« on: July 23, 2019, 04:36:23 PM »
So what is she worth? Should I sell with or without the bows? She is in perfect condition except for a minor hair cut. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC EU Ringlets with bows
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »
You probably will be able to sell her for $200 USD for the pony alone... I would try selling her and her accessories separately as in most cases I have seen, ponies sell for the most this way.

Offline Gonatcha

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 02:05:04 AM »
You probably will be able to sell her for $200 USD for the pony alone... I would try selling her and her accessories separately as in most cases I have seen, ponies sell for the most this way.

Oh wow! I haven't been collecting in years and have started to sell off my collection. So have no idea of prices these days. Do you know what reasonable staring prices would be for the 2 bows and the pony, all separately?

I live in Sweden though, any problems selling abroad nowadays?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »

I would say that's a way over estimate for just the pony :/

The bows are quite hard to find, though, so maybe WITH the accessories might make that amount.

The Great Hair ponies are rare but I've never seen a mint one actually sell without accessories for more than about £70, which in $ would be around the $100 mark. And frankly, I think that's expensive...

As for selling overseas - no major problems that there haven't always been, just the cost of shipping. I definitely advise tracking and insurance.

There are also probably people looking just for the bows. Selling separately makes sense but it seems a shame to split her up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
Oh, I’m sorry....I thought I saw her go for that once..I guess it might have been a flux
Thank you for correcting my mistake!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:58:56 AM by Pumpkin_Tart »

Offline Gonatcha

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 09:18:12 AM »

I would say that's a way over estimate for just the pony :/

The bows are quite hard to find, though, so maybe WITH the accessories might make that amount.

The Great Hair ponies are rare but I've never seen a mint one actually sell without accessories for more than about £70, which in $ would be around the $100 mark. And frankly, I think that's expensive...

As for selling overseas - no major problems that there haven't always been, just the cost of shipping. I definitely advise tracking and insurance.

There are also probably people looking just for the bows. Selling separately makes sense but it seems a shame to split her up.

That sounds more like what I expected! And yes it feels wrong to split her up, though I have no idea where I bought here from and if she came with these exact bows from the start.

What would be resonable starting prices? Regarding her minor cuts in the mane and tail?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »
There you need more of an expert on pricing than me, especially since things fluctuate so much. (It's times like this we miss hathorcat's expertise...><)

Just that the hair is the key feature, so depending on the severity of the cut, it might impact on the value. I can't actually see the cuts in your photo, though, so they may not be too bad on the price. I do notice that her hair doesn't seem either frizzy or faded, both of which can happen to this pony, so that's on your side. Her body also looks lovely and pristine.

Also, off topic, but your avatar is so cute :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »
Her hair doesnt look cut to me!

Offline Gonatcha

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 03:50:48 PM »
Her hair doesnt look cut to me!

I know, it looks perfect on picture! But if you look up close the ends aren't even.

Post Merge: July 25, 2019, 03:53:12 PM

There you need more of an expert on pricing than me, especially since things fluctuate so much. (It's times like this we miss hathorcat's expertise...><)

Just that the hair is the key feature, so depending on the severity of the cut, it might impact on the value. I can't actually see the cuts in your photo, though, so they may not be too bad on the price. I do notice that her hair doesn't seem either frizzy or faded, both of which can happen to this pony, so that's on your side. Her body also looks lovely and pristine.

Also, off topic, but your avatar is so cute :D

Haha, thanks! It's been there for YEARS, i love Lady Flutter! Got it like, in 2008? That's when I was into collecting.
Oh is Hathorcat not on the forums anymore?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:53:12 PM by Gonatcha »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »
Quite a few ponies have uneven ends right from the factory, I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily proof of a cut. Doesn’t the length look right for this pony?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 07:13:22 AM »
I haven't seen hathorcat in a while :/

I agree with little.fox on the hair. It doesn't look like it's cut to me either, if that's the thing you mean. The tail is short anyway, compared to the mane, but the crimping does make it uneven looking. My sister and I had one each of these from new and while they've been combed out a few times since then, yours looks closer to box standard than either of ours do.

I looked for my photos and my sister's Ringlets has her hair up in bunches so it's really hard to see. My Highlights isn't a lot easier but you can see from this:
Spoiler

That yours has more box crimp than my loose pony, even though my pony is in really good shape overall.

Again, sorry that it's not Ringlets, but this also shows the box crimp and the uneven ends I think a bit more...
Spoiler

I've also got this image (not my pony) donated to my site from Laurabythelake which IS Ringlets and I think you can see the box crimp and uneven ends here too..?
Spoiler

With the lack of fading, I would consider that her hair is pretty good shape overall.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal