collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moon Prism Power Make Up! A Sailor Moon Discussion Thread  (Read 16293 times)

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Moon Prism Power Make Up! A Sailor Moon Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 01:58:07 AM »
I lucked out and got to visit a sailor moon cafe while on a business trip last year. The art was redone to look more sanrio, lol.  I didn't like the humans as much, but luna was flippin adooooorable.  The cafe guy was like, oh you want a pic of the backdrop? Here let me move these boxes for you! And even tho the treats were all 'random character assortment', i got luna everything, soooomehow. Lol. Japan is great.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 06:04:58 AM »
The my melody stuff was a bit of a weird collab.

:) Luna is always adorable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 06:42:38 AM »
Yesss Sailor Moon! My favourite character is Black Lady/Wicked Lady and I'm going to have all the merch of her someday!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:44:25 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 07:47:36 AM »
The cafe guy was like, oh you want a pic of the backdrop? Here let me move these boxes for you!

Share these pics, please! :lol: I'd love to go to a Sailor Moon café but alas, I'll probably never get to Japan. I can't even afford my neighboring countries right now :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 11:58:02 AM »
I'd also love to see pics. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »
Thirding the request for pics, please!! Sounds adorable :>

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »
lol, pics aren't much, but you can see how cute the luna poster was. It was a really low-key cafe, haha.  I got some goods at the shop and enjoyed my decorated coffee while watching clips of sailor moon crystal on the big screen they had set up. It was nice, but not as over the top as some of the cafes i've heard about.  I really wanted to go to that mlp one they had a while back, lol.

poster

and coffee

Worth it just for the coaster and the place mat, even if I didn't care for the my melody sailor art style, lol.  Still cute. I apparently didn't take photos of that though? and the mat itself is...over there-ish-innabox *flaily wave*. I've moved like three times since then, sorry, lol. Maybe I'll dig it up later.

Post Merge: August 13, 2019, 02:21:00 PM

I'll tell you one thing, I am severely disappointed by the lack of cute capsule toys for sailor moon. it's all just tacky charms. I haven't seen even one of the awesome figures I collected last time I was here. even a cute magnet or something but no. *sigh* The quality stuff is all weirdly generic stationary stuff or cosmetics, and the stuff in my price range just isn't cute. I did see some really cute big figures a while back, but I can't afford them, lol.
I want cute toys, darn it! :lol:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:22:14 PM by Thimble »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »
lol, pics aren't much, but you can see how cute the luna poster was. It was a
I'll tell you one thing, I am severely disappointed by the lack of cute capsule toys for sailor moon. it's all just tacky charms. I haven't seen even one of the awesome figures I collected last time I was here. even a cute magnet or something but no. *sigh* The quality stuff is all weirdly generic stationary stuff or cosmetics, and the stuff in my price range just isn't cute. I did see some really cute big figures a while back, but I can't afford them, lol.
I want cute toys, darn it! :lol:

I'm disappointed in the lack of smaller dolls normal dolls. It's been 16+ years...

:/ I'm just not wanting to add dollfie dreams and pullips to my collection. (Urrr maybe I'd waver for a chibi usa DD)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
I'm disappointed in the lack of affordable merch.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:21:19 PM »
I love the pics. :) 

I also wish there was more affordable SM stuff.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 07:57:09 PM »
I actually think that there is more affordable merch then ever O_o; (read: merch, not toys). I think finding the miniature tablet orgel at barnes and noble made my heart skip a beat.

That said, there is a lot of high range stuff as well..  but i think there's a healthy mix of both available both in the US and Japan...

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
Its not just sm on the dolls thing. Action figure dolls are a lot less of thing in japan. American toy stores have dolls for evetything, all the time, everywhere, but it's a bit rare to even see a doll with brushable hair, unless it's at tru or american made. They exist, Japan has Jenny and Licca dolls after all, but you just don't  have the market saturation we get in the states. (non-bjd, that is.)

I've always thought it was a bit weird, given that there's basically a magical girl or some equivalent anime running all the time.  Figures you can find anywhere, but there is a distinct lack of dolls for little girls. I mean, the number of marketable costume changes in sailor moon alone means we would have gotten what five? Six maybe at least if she came from  the states, lol.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:08:10 PM by Thimble »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 04:27:00 AM »
It makes sense to some extent. Sailor Moon crystal doesn't appear to be geared toward kids, so there are no kid products... but a loooot of grown up products instead.

but back in the day Japan at least had a healthy amount of SM dolls when the show was fresh. But there was also an extra surge of things when Sailor Moon World launched.. there was some kid stuff (at least shirts). Makes me wonder if the dolls were for kids or adults? But the live show dolls must of been for kids?

It's funny about the lack of brushable dolls, because the only brushable dolls i've ever bought for myself came from Japan (although most higher priced). Maybe just because the 80s/90s didn't have good plastic figures yet... just garage kits. I just personally hated dolls o_O and was only cool with it when it was anime related.

Which is pretty much why I want dolls anyway, for my kid. We haven't watched it yet, but she calls Sailor Moon Banana hair.

Offline Thimble

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 03:38:31 AM »
I think my biggest issue with all the adult merch is that they don't seem to like putting the actual art from the anime or manga on it. I mean, pens that look like the tranformation pens in the show and things like that are pretty and cool, but I'd like more stuff that actually has characters on it. The original manga is so beautiful, and I have never seen even a folder or post-it set that has a decently large example of it.

I do have a couple of lovely folders with anime art, but nothing from the manga. I wonder if it's a licensing issue?

The less expensive  official merch floating around is just ..not cute? It's very sad. I'm like 'I want to give you my money!' and all I have to choose from is tack.

There's a ton of fanmade stuff that's gorgeous though. I bought some of that stuff.  OH! and one of the artists from the MLP comic was selling mlp/sailor moon crossover fanart at tokyo comicon, I bought a couple of those. So cute!

and in random notes...I found a (non-Sailor-moon) doll with brushable hair at my local daiso this afternoon. It's the first time i've ever seen one outside of a specialty toystore, lol. Literally the day after I wonder what's up with the lack, lol....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:43:03 AM by Thimble »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 05:37:32 AM »
I think my biggest issue with all the adult merch is that they don't seem to like putting the actual art from the anime or manga on it. I mean, pens that look like the tranformation pens in the show and things like that are pretty and cool, but I'd like more stuff that actually has characters on it. The original manga is so beautiful, and I have never seen even a folder or post-it set that has a decently large example of it.

I agree, the original art is gorgeous and dreamy and no nostalgia for the anime will cloud that for me. I would like for the artbooks to get reprinted more often. Their prices are nuts. I stalked one on ebay and it went for over 50€.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal