collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mystery Parasol plush  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Parasol plush
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »
About the mlp sign on plushies. If its "the rule" it has to have mlp on the pony or the tag then I think a lot of g3 and g4 plushes are fake while they might not be. 
As for the origin she was claimed to be Brasilian when I first heard about her and Teddy found hers in Florida. Otherwise she must have been more common over here with people getting ponies on holidays in those chinese knock-off stores. Or it was in one of those Eastern Europe countries discussed in a topic.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
About the mlp sign on plushies. If its "the rule" it has to have mlp on the pony or the tag then I think a lot of g3 and g4 plushes are fake while they might not be. 
As for the origin she was claimed to be Brasilian when I first heard about her and Teddy found hers in Florida. Otherwise she must have been more common over here with people getting ponies on holidays in those chinese knock-off stores. Or it was in one of those Eastern Europe countries discussed in a topic.

The first stage would be to try and find catalogue papertrails. Either a hasbro one, but more likely a toy one from somewhere around that time. I'm going to check the UK argos ones as I know one or two have plushes in, I'm not sure if I have those files on the PC or if I'm going to have to dig - but I don't think I can make a match to here.

I'm always sceptical of something until there's a paper trail. I still don't believe in CP Sundance and it took me about 12 years to believe in reverse Gusty. But I don't think we have enough information on this either way to confirm or deny at the moment, just speculate. The fact multiple have been found in various parts of the world is a good thing in it's favour.

Only recently we had the whole discussion about the sundance/pearl hybrid of which there are now four? known examples? For a long while that was also dismissed as a fakie but there are more than one and they've been found in low key situations that indicate they're probably princess hybrid ponies from the end of the line.

We just need more data with this. We need a paper trail of some kind.

Plush Honeycomb was only proven genuine in the eyes of the community when she was found with her paper tags still attached.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 06:17:31 AM »
...I need her.  OMG.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 07:14:39 AM »
Man, I wish I had more pics of mine or that I could remember anything about what kind of bum tag she had, but I just don't. I found her at that fleamarket almost 20 years ago when I was just starting out collecting and didn't really know anything about MLP merchandise. I just knew she was Parasol and thought it was cool she had yarn hair. Never thought she was something possibly interesting. lol! I know I sold her off at one point, but no clue exactly when or to whom. Sorry I can't help with any more of this mystery!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 02:56:12 AM »
I think papertrail is a good one to find out if she was official.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal