collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi from Alabama! ♡  (Read 953 times)

Offline Blushpuppie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Hi from Alabama! ♡
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »
Hello everyone!~ It's so nice to finally be registered here after years of dragging my feet. c:

My name is Katherine, but I also often go by just K. I'm in my mid-twenties, and my interest in My Little Pony has spanned almost a decade (and in vintage toys in general since childhood). Like many others, I was fatefully hooked forever into the franchise watching FIM way back when G4 began; and since then I've acquired one of almost every G4 character released as a regular pony. I've collected G1 for close to four years but admired them much earlier than that, as my interest inevitably led me further into the pony world. As a little girl in the mid-late 90s, I loved all kinds of animal-themed toy lines (especially my Kenner LPS); but somehow G2 slipped my radar and then I guess I'd never have expected to love MLP, but here we are. :P

While new to the Arena, I've actually been fairly active on pony-related social media for several years; so there's a chance some of you will recognize me from places like Instagram (I've been through a few different handles and was most recently @locketclub, but I'm @blushpuppie hereon). I've kept several good and extremely talented friends who I know are also here (like the amazing Larissa/Shelves of Whimsy).

Some of my very favorite ponies are Beautiful Bows (my longtime grail, who joined the herd back in March!), Locket, Yum Yum, and Pretty Puff. You'll also probably guess I love Li'l Litters -- my absolute biggest MLP-related dream is to complete the My Little Puppy (only) Nursery Family sets. Mommy Funtime Spaniel is one of my favorite pieces in all my collections (and possibly the single rarest vintage toy I own), and I'd be thrilled to reunite her with her pups and their accessories someday.

I also collect many other vintage girly toys and nostalgic items -- LPS, Sweetie Pups, Little Pretties, Polly Pocket, 90s Minnie Mouse, a few Barbies -- along with some modern Disney, especially Lady and the Tramp. It's my goal the next few weeks to sell off a lot of items I've weeded out and/or had in storage forever to help me finish my Psych degree and just for funds in general, as I'm recently unemployed and awaiting approval for disability. I hope being eventually able to sell here will help me accomplish that.

Another big reason I joined is that I'd looove to get to know other MLP and toy collectors near me, if there are any! My disabilities unfortunately make socialization and transportation issues, so not knowing anyone nearby who'd enjoy hanging out to talk ponies or thrift together disappoints me often. I live just outside the Huntsville area in North Alabama, so I'd be thrilled to hear from anyone local interested in a pony pal.

Thank you all so much for having me! I can't wait to meet some new smiling faces. ♡♡

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
Re: Hi from Alabama! ♡
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 09:47:22 AM »
Hi there, nice to meet you! ^-^

I first got into MLP when I saw G2's at TRU back in high school. It was so cool to see MLPs again (even though they looked waaaayyyyy different than the ponies I had grown up with). Anyway, they sparked my interest in MLP and I started asking my friends at school if they still had their ponies from when they were kids (we had moved too much growing up, so I had nothing from my childhood left). I started amassing a G1 collection that way and soon was hopelessly addicted. lol! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
Well one to the arena! I am a US collector as well but sadly, I am not that far south. Beware, if you are not already experiencing this, other ponies will start to creep in. Lol! Well, see you around the forum!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 07:22:47 AM »
Hello Blushpuppie, nice to meet you! :wave: Glad you found your way to the Arena!

Beautiful Bows is a stunning pony, congrats on finally getting her! I had Bangles as a child and I absolutely adored her, she was my favourite MLP toy. These days I think I like BB even better, I'm a sucker for yellow and orange. :P

Enjoy the forums! :frolic:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 10:57:16 PM »
Welcome K :wave:

I'm sure there are other members here from the Alabama area.  I would love to meet with you but as I live in New Zealand that is highly unlikely, lol.  Sorry to hear you are parting with some of your collections but I'm sure the money will come in handy. Sometimes it is nice to have a clear out just to revitalize yourself too. I hope you enjoy the Arena and get to meet lots of other pony fans here :frolic:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!
Have a wonderful time here :D

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal