collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cats 2019  (Read 3538 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Cats 2019
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »
Well alright.

I've never seen the musical or the movie but I think this looks pretty neat :P I don't think they're creepy at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2019, 01:42:05 AM »
It’s interesting to me how divided the opinions are on this... Maybe it has to do with how much of a threshold different people have for uncanny valley?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 05:09:17 AM »
It’s interesting to me how divided the opinions are on this... Maybe it has to do with how much of a threshold different people have for uncanny valley?

I feel like I have a higher threshold.. which is why I'm disappointed in the faces.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
This thing popped up yesterday as one of the trailers before the Lion King... Well, guy behind me whispered "nightmare" and that's pretty much what I was thinking. I did not like it at all...

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 09:41:35 AM »
This thing popped up yesterday as one of the trailers before the Lion King... Well, guy behind me whispered "nightmare" and that's pretty much what I was thinking. I did not like it at all...

That's so funny because I thought some stuff in LK was way more uncanny/nightmarish looking. It's because LK tried to be as photorealistic as possible so when an animal wobbled weirdly or had a too calculated movement it immediatly took me out.
With this I expect weird whimsical images, not realism. So it bothers me less. It's all about expectations for me somehow.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »

That's so funny because I thought some stuff in LK was way more uncanny/nightmarish looking. It's because LK tried to be as photorealistic as possible so when an animal wobbled weirdly or had a too calculated movement it immediatly took me out.
With this I expect weird whimsical images, not realism. So it bothers me less. It's all about expectations for me somehow.
Because they were actual animals, it was fine for me. TLK did do a good job at recreating them, and nothing came across as nightmare fuel, even on the big screen.

But these things? Human/animal combos don't work for me, unless they're in theatres or 2D animation, where I can suspend my belief enough. Then again, I'd be no less creeped out if they were 3D kid-friendly animation and appeared in a Minions movie, honestly  :yikes:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 10:15:20 AM »
They don't bother me because it looks like costumes and less CGI-ish. I like realistic fursuits and body paint and stuff like that.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »
I find it interesting how many people misunderstand the point behind CATS.  It's not about cats, it's about types of people.  You've got the harmless scoundrels (Mungojerrie and Rumpleteaser), the old ones living in the past (Gus), the very involved neighbor (Jenny Anydots), the outsider (Grizabella), the "cop" (Munkustrap), the player (Rum Tum Tugger), and the true criminal (Macavity), among others.  Yes, the plot is thin, playing on the idea that cats have more than one life, but when you look at the deeper meaning, it's better than just looking at a bunch of dancing kitties.

That said, I don't know how I feel about Judi Dench playing Old Deuteronomy.  When I first saw her in the trailer I thought she'd be Grizabella, which I was excited for.  Now I'm not sure what else they've changed.  I didn't like the new Into the Woods as much as the stage version, but I'm willing to give this one a chance before I decide.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2019, 03:58:50 PM »
I loved the trailer! and have seen the play interested most because of the ace cast  though , and I think the costumes are brilliant ! it looks really good so not going to knock it before I've seen it  oh and I loved cat woman  to  cos you know cats :)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2019, 10:06:59 PM »
Ok I’ve watched the trailer a few times now.  I think I’m getting used to it. Maybe I will see the movie.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal