collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Inconvenient Magic Tricks  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Inconvenient Magic Tricks
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 10:43:38 PM »
so-soft twilight backstory: “Welcome to my costume party!" Twilight greeted her guests, dressed like a movie star in a glamorous gown. "Who's that in the space suit?" Locket asked from behind a colorful clown mask. The ponies were having fun guessing the new arrivals and sipping punch when, suddenly, the lights went out! "Time for some midnight magic," Twilight giggled. She wiggled her ears and all the candles on the table flickered onto the floor. They danced a beautiful waltz as the punch bowl bubbled a merry tune. Delighted with the surprise, the ponies joined in for a midnight dance by candlelight!
     I’m not sure on the specifics of this power. But in a hypothetical scenario, wiggling your ears and lighting every candle around you might be...disastrous if that’s all that she needs to do. No focus or anything. She’s sleeping, wiggles her ears in response to a bug landing on them and the nearest candle lights. And an unattended flame might be bad, even in pony land. Good news, she’s probably a great guest at birthday parties pulling the old “never going out candle” trick.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
so-soft twilight backstory: “Welcome to my costume party!" Twilight greeted her guests, dressed like a movie star in a glamorous gown. "Who's that in the space suit?" Locket asked from behind a colorful clown mask. The ponies were having fun guessing the new arrivals and sipping punch when, suddenly, the lights went out! "Time for some midnight magic," Twilight giggled. She wiggled her ears and all the candles on the table flickered onto the floor. They danced a beautiful waltz as the punch bowl bubbled a merry tune. Delighted with the surprise, the ponies joined in for a midnight dance by candlelight!
     I’m not sure on the specifics of this power. But in a hypothetical scenario, wiggling your ears and lighting every candle around you might be...disastrous if that’s all that she needs to do. No focus or anything. She’s sleeping, wiggles her ears in response to a bug landing on them and the nearest candle lights. And an unattended flame might be bad, even in pony land. Good news, she’s probably a great guest at birthday parties pulling the old “never going out candle” trick.

It honestly makes me wonder also what was in that punch.

And whether Tuneful was at the party, given that the drinks are apparently singing.

Nice find :D Definitely potential for unexplained infernos.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 06:14:30 AM »
Crumpet can turn rose petals in to croquet balls by wiggling her nose.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:49:51 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 08:57:06 AM »
Good Weather is really clearly a U.K. release with that backstory - most of the U.S. wouldn't consider "eternal sun" good weather :lol:

But she is not just UK, she was sold in more European countries in fact :lol:
Yeah, but you guys in Spain call her Turista, right?

I actually don't know her name in other translations, but Good Weather is her English name and the UK isn't exactly famous for 'good weather'. Mind you right now it's quite sunny and this week is going to be hot. I think she must be lurking O.O.

Actually her Spanish name is Solete (somewhat translated to "Little Sun" but the meaning refers rather as someone that is a very good person). Turista is the name of the set per se. I think the set was called Holiday Pony in English?

Where I live is one of the sunniest areas not only of Spain but of Europe as well. I think she has made her permanent residence here, lol. (You can take her, I prefer rainy days :lol:)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 09:20:45 AM »
Good Weather is really clearly a U.K. release with that backstory - most of the U.S. wouldn't consider "eternal sun" good weather :lol:

But she is not just UK, she was sold in more European countries in fact :lol:
Yeah, but you guys in Spain call her Turista, right?

I actually don't know her name in other translations, but Good Weather is her English name and the UK isn't exactly famous for 'good weather'. Mind you right now it's quite sunny and this week is going to be hot. I think she must be lurking O.O.

Actually her Spanish name is Solete (somewhat translated to "Little Sun" but the meaning refers rather as someone that is a very good person). Turista is the name of the set per se. I think the set was called Holiday Pony in English?

Where I live is one of the sunniest areas not only of Spain but of Europe as well. I think she has made her permanent residence here, lol. (You can take her, I prefer rainy days :lol:)

Ah, ok. I've never seen her in box in Spanish so I only have the insert name to go by. That makes sense xD.

I have a friend from Spain and she has said similar about the summer weather. But here it's going to be pretty hot over the next week, so she's definitely already here...O.O.

For some reason she has Mt Fuji in the background?!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:26:44 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »
Lickety Split can turn mountains in to ice cream by kicking her heels together 2 times.

I'm just imagining Lickety Split turning the Tetons into ice cream and the valley flooding with a giant sundae. There would be chocolate chips and cookie dough clusters floating down the river. :haha:

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »
night glider One evening, Night Glider gave a midnight party. When the ponies arrived, Night Glider blinked her eyes to make twinkling stars dance in the sky. As Mr. Moon sang a lullaby, the ponies waltzed with the glittering stars until Mr. Sun smiled in the sky. Night Glider sprinkled stardust on the ponies to give them sweet dreams, as the sleepy ponies slipped into their beds.
     Not so inconvenient for night glider herself, but more for anybody trying to use the stars to navigate at night. If the stars are dancing and changing position, how are you supposed to tell where North is? And if it happens when she blinks her eyes, her powers might activate more frequently. Least lickety split has to kick her heels together two times. She can think about not doing it. Night glider? You can’t just not blink.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2019, 05:59:17 AM »
Bouncy can turn dust specks in to beachballs by blinking. What if she's around when the ponies are trying to clean the Nursery of Dream Castle?

Ribbon can tie ribbons around objects by splashing her tail in the Waterfall.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal