collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Piggy pony cleaning advice  (Read 1375 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Piggy pony cleaning advice
« on: July 18, 2019, 03:15:51 AM »
I just got my first Piggy pony!  I'm in love:p

So, she's a lovely pony, but she could benefit from a bit of a wash.  Her hair is lovely, but it's got that "sticky fingered child touched this" feel to it.   It's not bad by any means, but she could look even better with a little bit of shampoo and conditioner.  However, I am very, very reluctant to get any water near those eyes.  They're pretty much perfect - eyelashes and all - and the last thing I want to do is introduce rust into an almost perfect pony, especially one that was so expensive. 

Does anyone have any experience with cleaning piggy ponies?  Is it worth the risk?  She's perfectly lovely just as she is, so leaving her alone isn't any kind of problem.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Piggy pony cleaning advice
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:48:38 AM »
Congratulations on your first piggy pony!!!!! They are addictive so beware ;)

I have carefully bathed all my piggies, I used wig shampoo and conditioner on their manes and tails. I did not submerge them in water, I carefully wetted the hair so as not to get any near her eyes/base of the tail.

You could use a damp cleaning cloth, with dish soap and a little warm water to wipe over her body :) this should clean off any surface dirt :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 12:11:17 PM »
Yeah I personaly have without issue washed my piggy inside out like any other pony. The eyes don't seem to rust as easy as you'd think they would.
I do want to warn you for one thing, don't beheaded her if not necessary. Piggies are hard to behead clean and nice and mines neck seam now looks like it was cut with a saw.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 03:08:26 PM »
Thanks for the advice about the wig shampoo!  It never even occurred to me before, but that's a great idea!  I actually have a few really expensive Nirvana ponies that could do with a bit of a wash, but I was concerned about using my usual cheap shampoo on them. 

You are right about the Piggy ponies!  I had intended to just get this one.   I'll sometimes get an example pony of a very expensive line, just to have one.  Plus I have all the Piggy outfits, and no pony that the shoes will fit:p  However, after getting my hands on one in person for the first time, I'm having that familiar pony "want more - lots more" craving.  Hopefully I'll be able to resist...for a while:p 

Thanks for the warning!  I've never gotten the hang of beheading any pony, so I don't do it.  If the head isn't already completely loose, I never touch it.  I tried to fix a TAF Baby with tail rust once, and I ended up tearing the neck pretty badly.  Since then, I just do surface cleaning.  It's good to know in the future if I ever end up with another Piggy with more issues though. 

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:37:09 AM »
Yeah I personaly have without issue washed my piggy inside out like any other pony. The eyes don't seem to rust as easy as you'd think they would.
I do want to warn you for one thing, don't beheaded her if not necessary. Piggies are hard to behead clean and nice and mines neck seam now looks like it was cut with a saw.

Gosh that is good to mention the head being hard to remove, I have beheaded a couple of piggies and it isn't straight forward, the heads are really well glued on and the necks seem much more fragile too. I completely forgot about it (blocked it out perhaps!) until you said :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal