collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: new release comic con twilight style mane 6 toy pack  (Read 4040 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: new release comic con twilight style mane 6 toy pack
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2019, 07:06:20 AM »
 :shocked:

Looks at Hasbro, raises one eyebrow.

Looks at Basic Fun, smiles.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline twilysparks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
I personally think they look cool! I'll probably be getting them.
:happy: Fan of all MLP generations, especially G4 and G1! :happy:
MLP Wishlist: https://data.mlpmerch.com/wishlist/1694/
MLP Checklist: https://data.mlpmerch.com/checklist/1694/

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »
Also I've always disliked the phrase "mane 6" and hate that it's on official merchandise lol

I prefer to call them Lame Six because that's my truth :lol:
Similar to G3.5's Core Seven / Bore Seven.

I need these to sell like hotcakes, tho, because it'll tell Hasbro that G1 style (or a style inspired by it) still goes strong.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »
Hmm. To get rid of my RD and FS once these come? Or not too?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MimicPower

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2019, 02:03:30 PM »
:shocked:

Looks at Hasbro, raises one eyebrow.

Looks at Basic Fun, smiles.

I can't find a better description.
G1? Seriously?  :lol:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 02:19:13 PM »
Also I've always disliked the phrase "mane 6" and hate that it's on official merchandise lol

Oh thank god it's not just me!!! I didn't like to say anything, lol.

Thirded.

Teaching kids about cliquey popularity elitism, one homonym at a time.
I say main 6 when I'm typing (in other words I'm using the proper word, not the horse word) but I'm not a fan of all the terms that came out with this generation of MLP :/

I'm not a fan of any of the terms really. But particularly brony (for associations, if people want to call themselves that then fine, so long as they're not calling me it), cutie mark (especially for g1 ponies, to me that's just insulting) and everypony (can we not? It's not cute, it's not funny, and it doesn't belong here). Mane 6 is one of the lesser evils to me in terms of, well, terms - but in the bigger picture the message it sends out is hierarchical and cliquey so I dislike it.

@Uni  -that basically sums it up. :)

If someone gets this, deboxes it and is going to trash the box let me know. I'd like the box if there's more G1 art on the back but I don't want the...erm...G3.14 dollymix ponies inside.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 02:13:50 PM »

Oh thank god it's not just me!!! I didn't like to say anything, lol.

Thirded.

Teaching kids about cliquey popularity elitism, one homonym at a time.
I say main 6 when I'm typing (in other words I'm using the proper word, not the horse word) but I'm not a fan of all the terms that came out with this generation of MLP :/

I do this, too :) "Mane 6" just looks silly to me, idk why. Maybe because all of the other silly G4 stuff like "everypony" has soured me on horse puns + MLP, lol.

I mean, I vastly prefer "mane six" to "everypony", but y'know.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 04:33:58 AM »

I'm not a fan of any of the terms really. But particularly brony (for associations, if people want to call themselves that then fine, so long as they're not calling me it), cutie mark (especially for g1 ponies, to me that's just insulting) and everypony (can we not? It's not cute, it's not funny, and it doesn't belong here). Mane 6 is one of the lesser evils to me in terms of, well, terms - but in the bigger picture the message it sends out is hierarchical and cliquey so I dislike it.

Oh the term.. -cringes- cutie mark... I really don't like that term. People say that one came out during G3 or maybe G2 (I don't remember) but G4 popularized it. I'll stick with symbol for MLP :P
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 04:36:50 AM »

Oh the term.. -cringes- cutie mark... I really don't like that term. People say that one came out during G3 or maybe G2 (I don't remember) but G4 popularized it. I'll stick with symbol for MLP :P

I think G3. I also cringe at it, it's way too cutesy, but I don't mind people using it for G3 and G4 as it's technically correct. I have a real hate of it being used for G1 though.

Symbol is so much simpler :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 05:47:08 AM »
It's a G3 term (G2 used terms like "rump design"), I've never liked it either, even before G4. It just sounds too silly for my liking :p

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 06:48:17 AM »

I think G3. I also cringe at it, it's way too cutesy, but I don't mind people using it for G3 and G4 as it's technically correct. I have a real hate of it being used for G1 though.

I'm somewhat the opposite of you. I cringe at the word and call them symbols, regardless of gen.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:43:40 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 07:09:43 AM »

I'm somewhat the opposite of you. I cringe at the word and call them symbols, reregardless of gen.

Well, I do too, as a rule, but since it's technically correct for G3 and G4, if people use it for those, I don't feel like I can complain about it.

They're all symbols to me, regardless of generation, because I'm old and grumpy xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2019, 08:30:51 AM »
I really want to like these but they just don't do it for me.  Somehow the balance between the more "chibi" elements and the more realistic ones has plunged these toys right into the uncanny valley for me.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »
I really want to like these but they just don't do it for me.  Somehow the balance between the more "chibi" elements and the more realistic ones has plunged these toys right into the uncanny valley for me.

I don't  see how they're even remotely chibi? They lack the huge bobble heads, their eyes no longer take up 60% of their faces, their legs are better proportioned and have knees and hocks, their bodies are larger and rounder instead of tiny and wonky.

Its just that the necks and chests are all wrong and they lack eye sockets. But it looks like some of the moulds have the suggestion of cheek bones again.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 08:42:55 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »

I don't  see how they're even remotely chibi? They lack the huge bobble heads, their eyes no longer take up 60% of their faces, their legs are better proportioned and have knees and hocks, their bodies are larger and rounder instead of tiny and wonky.

Its just that the necks and chests are all wrong and they lack eye sockets. But it looks like some of the moulds have the suggestion of cheek bones again.
I mean they aren't chibi like G4s are, but they still have slightly chibi looking heads to me.  What I'm trying to say is that slapping a sliiiightly too large head with sliiiightly too large eyes on that body creeps me out. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal