collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 7023 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:13 AM »
But all of that is different then -- let's create a pony that maybe a handful of kids hoped for because they saw it in an advertisement...

vs 1000s of kids had a cherished toy that they bonded with and had fond memories.

Sigh.

Not everything has to be a debate you know? I was just expressing my personal feelings, you're entitled to yours as well. It probably won't happen because BF is only doing the US line anyway, so there's no reason to be so worried about it.

A regular Paradise, Ribbon and Lofty would be high up on my remake wishlist. Some people want Mimic. I want to see Hasbro UK's holes filled, and that includes those three :)

I didn't think I was debating...

I only meant that your want of a deflocked paradise vs my sadness of that
was different based on the amount of people who would want to see that -- in general I think many people who like flocked ponies would be so happy to see a minty flocked pony as well

however more equivalent to potential sadness about tiffany and princess pearl
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2019, 08:23:22 AM »
But all of that is different then -- let's create a pony that maybe a handful of kids hoped for because they saw it in an advertisement...

vs 1000s of kids had a cherished toy that they bonded with and had fond memories.

Sigh.

Not everything has to be a debate you know? I was just expressing my personal feelings, you're entitled to yours as well. It probably won't happen because BF is only doing the US line anyway, so there's no reason to be so worried about it.

A regular Paradise, Ribbon and Lofty would be high up on my remake wishlist. Some people want Mimic. I want to see Hasbro UK's holes filled, and that includes those three :)

I didn't think I was debating...

I only meant that your want of a deflocked paradise vs my sadness of that
was different based on the amount of people who would want to see that -- in general I think many people who like flocked ponies would be so happy to see a minty flocked pony as well

however more equivalent to potential sadness about tiffany and princess pearl

It came across a little more debateish than I expected, since I really was just saying my view, not challenging the love people have for the SS. I love SS ponies and I  would buy the SS too. But she's not PARADISE to me. That's the difference. That PARADISE doesn't exist. Since I didn't have the chance to grow up with SS ponies, my feelings towards them are obviously a lot different to those you and others who grew up with them have.

As for the Princesses, there are plenty of people in the UK who don't mind. I would actually cry if they sold "Princess Tiffany" here with her bushwoolie. I mean, I'd be annoyed if they sold Sweetie here as Sweet Stuff but I would still buy her, I'd just trash the box xD. But Pearl belongs with FIERY. And that's actually a lot more likely than the Paradise thing since BF are following the US blueprint.

Someone already trampled on the Princess aspect for me here with merchandise going back to dollymix and some of the Primark clothing by calling Princess Amethyst 'Sparkle' so it's only a matter of time for the others too.

I never had Pearl from new either and I've never seen her in box in person, not even as a kid. So seeing one reproduced with the wrong name, wrong accessories and a bushwoolie would break my inner five year old's heart xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2019, 08:43:42 AM »
Or you know, they could switch it up and sell Princesses and Bushwoolies to the UK and Princess Ponies and Dragons to the US. :silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »
Or you know, they could switch it up and sell Princesses and Bushwoolies to the UK and Princess Ponies and Dragons to the US. :silly:

I'm good with this. :D Dragons > bushwoolies

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »

Gasp! Banish such evil!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2019, 10:21:07 AM »

Gasp! Banish such evil!

Mwahahahaa! :devious:

Post Merge: July 19, 2019, 10:21:42 AM

I'm good with this. :D Dragons > bushwoolies

:hifive:

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2019, 01:09:31 PM »

Gasp! Banish such evil!
Nononono don't give them any idea, since we'll probably get the uk ones if that happens (if they ever come here) that means we'll get those cursed bushwoolies, I want dragons.
Though I'm pretty sure we didn't get either here, so how would that work?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »

Gasp! Banish such evil!
Nononono don't give them any idea, since we'll probably get the uk ones if that happens (if they ever come here) that means we'll get those cursed bushwoolies, I want dragons.
Though I'm pretty sure we didn't get either here, so how would that work?

I think you had them on card :(  So no Dragons or Bushwoolies.

Actually the UK did have both *mwahaha* because some of the weird put together job princesses had bushwoolies for some reason...but yeah, dragons are always better. Always.

I love Bushwoolies too for the record. But I'd rather they had gone with the 2nd set of Princesses instead.

MIND YOU given that basic fun is exporting the US release retros direct to the UK, that would surely mean we'd end up with the dragons anyway? Haha!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:47:35 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »
I do like the Bushwoolies though. Buying Chumster reminded me of how much I like them. I still need my childhood Friendly back. As well as a few others.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »

Gasp! Banish such evil!

I don't have a huge problem with them changing certain things because they're not really releasing G1's like hasbro did back in the 80's. So they're not exact replicas as far as accessories and packaging goes anyways.

So if they want to change certain things I don't take so much of an issue. Heck, I'd even be cool with ponies in g1 style created in different body styles/molds from the 80's. We already see that sort of thing in variants and nirvana ponies anyway.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal