collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 7009 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »
I don't like Cutie Mark Crew and I don't like Basic Fun repros and think they should be replaced with more bootleg carrousels. Think about it. Both lines have been going on for more than one year, so they are overdone by now. Carrousels on the other hand are evergreens.
Who wants to collect small MLP toys when you can't even sit on them? I want to sit on them and go slowly in a cirlce to carneval music. Y'all can have your preferences but the future is merry-go-rounds!

Spoiler
:snicker:

Big agree. This is what the people want.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 01:01:24 AM »
I suppose for me it is different: they are not available in SA. We received 4 of the first Rainbow Ponies set through Cotton On, and that was it. I bought them all.

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2019, 02:54:46 AM »
I don't like Cutie Mark Crew and I don't like Basic Fun repros and think they should be replaced with more bootleg carrousels. Think about it. Both lines have been going on for more than one year, so they are overdone by now. Carrousels on the other hand are evergreens.
Who wants to collect small MLP toys when you can't even sit on them? I want to sit on them and go slowly in a cirlce to carneval music. Y'all can have your preferences but the future is merry-go-rounds!

Spoiler

Bootleg carousels are the future. That’s just truth. Who wants to start gathering signatures for the petition demanding that Hasbro get in on the carousel scene?
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 04:45:27 AM »

Spoiler

Bootleg carousels are the future. That’s just truth. Who wants to start gathering signatures for the petition demanding that Hasbro get in on the carousel scene?

Think even bigger! We need a Hasbroland with 80% being dedicated to all gens of MLP. With exclusive toys being sold there of course. And all kinds of rides. Like a Sonic Rainboom rollercoaster, the Flutter Valley Experience, an EqG mirror mace, Fakies Revenge where we just get fakies thrown at us but it's VR, and so on!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2019, 05:14:59 AM »
Oh goodie. Gotta love cheap Chinese carnival rides. That's a big nope for me.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2019, 05:48:17 AM »

Spoiler

Think even bigger! We need a Hasbroland with 80% being dedicated to all gens of MLP. With exclusive toys being sold there of course. And all kinds of rides. Like a Sonic Rainboom rollercoaster, the Flutter Valley Experience, an EqG mirror mace, Fakies Revenge where we just get fakies thrown at us but it's VR, and so on!

ALL OF THIS! All of this needs to happen! :dance2:

Also, life-size replicas of Dream Castle, Canterlot Castle, and every other castle from G1-4. XD
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 06:31:39 AM »

Spoiler

Lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2019, 07:02:57 AM »
Looks at all the G4 Hasbro stuff I don't want to buy because it's the 9,999,999,999 pinkie pie....

Looks at the Basic Fun reissue of a pony that may have been seen 1 or 2 times in store back in the 80's, 30+ years ago....

Yea, I'm going with the Basic Fun idea on this.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2019, 02:51:57 PM »
I low key hope they keep going and make more and more repros. TE repros? Yes. TAF repros? Yes. So Soft repros? YES!

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline twilysparks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »
As someone who actually started my G1 collection with the repro ponies, I think that they're very good replicas of the originals. Original 80's ponies are fun to collect because they are the "real thing", but a lot of them can be hard to find in perfect condition (especially to a novice like me who still doesn't understand everything about older gens lol) and I understand that the ponies can develop bacteria due to them being over 30 years old and the fact that plastic does degrade over time as others mentioned. It's safer for young children who may also want to buy the G1 ponies, to get the Basic Fun ones. I do hope that Basic Fun releases more pony characters though!
:happy: Fan of all MLP generations, especially G4 and G1! :happy:
MLP Wishlist: https://data.mlpmerch.com/wishlist/1694/
MLP Checklist: https://data.mlpmerch.com/checklist/1694/

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »
As someone who actually started my G1 collection with the repro ponies, I think that they're very good replicas of the originals. Original 80's ponies are fun to collect because they are the "real thing", but a lot of them can be hard to find in perfect condition (especially to a novice like me who still doesn't understand everything about older gens lol) and I understand that the ponies can develop bacteria due to them being over 30 years old and the fact that plastic does degrade over time as others mentioned. It's safer for young children who may also want to buy the G1 ponies, to get the Basic Fun ones. I do hope that Basic Fun releases more pony characters though!

For some reason this post made me really happy.

Of course the retros should be there for people who want to begin G1 collecting for the first time without all the cost and hassle of the originals. A lot of us have ponies from the old days or years back but there are also a lot of pony folk who get into one generation and then get into others later. Retros are a great and accessible way for people to do that without breaking the bank or worrying about plasticiser or whatever else.

Overall people should collect what makes them happy and not worry too much about what other people think. Reality is that both these and the G4 stuff are currently out on sale so there's something for everyone.

Just maybe some more G1 mashems would appeal too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »

That's cool, Twily.

I think some people who are tired of the retro trend don't understand that for some other people the rereleases are their firsts.
There is a misconception that only oldheads are buying retro stuff to have doubles and triples and MIB, but a lot of people are actually giving them to their kids or discover G1 for the first time because they only casually knew of FiM=MLP.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »
I low key hope they keep going and make more and more repros. TE repros? Yes. TAF repros? Yes. So Soft repros? YES!

I really would like to see Rainbow Curl and Sweetheart Sister reprints!

They're years later, so I imagine it probably won't happen, but I can dream, right? (Probably shouldn't  :sad: )

|My Collection|

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 08:06:29 AM »

They're years later, so I imagine it probably won't happen, but I can dream, right? (Probably shouldn't  :sad: )

Dream on, write to Basic Fun, buy the other retros to add to their sales. It could happen!

Personally, I would freak out if I could have a 15€ Mimic in perfect condition and I'd go to great lenghts to get one. I love green ponies and sadly Mimic is so hyped and expensive I don't see myself ever owning an original one.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »

I'm all about minty so softs and SHSs 😢

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal