collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 7030 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
I understand they want to strike hot with nostalgia, and so therefore are going with the original ponies versus, say, Watercolour Baby Sea Ponies.  Not everyone knows that set existed but I think most people have seen a Firefly or an Applejack pony in their lives.

Repetitive, but banditpony makes a good point that these are safer plastic than the older ones.

I wish they had done more different lines (maybe they will?) than just the first few years.  Give us the boy ponies and some babies, and something with a gimmick, then I will be satisfied.  Waves 1-3 have been all the basic, traditional ponies and I want a bit more fantasy.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »
Nah, I'm okay with it :) Beats Hasbro in their own brand right now. Although I do wish that they actually had a more global release. Nothing in stores here :(

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 10:01:50 AM »
Nah, I'm okay with it :) Beats Hasbro in their own brand right now. Although I do wish that they actually had a more global release. Nothing in stores here :(

THIS doesn't make sense to me.

The UK haven't had AJ's set, which Norway and Finland etc seem to have had, but both here and the Norse countries seem to be getting imports from the US. Ours certainly are directly being imported (whereas the French ones have bilingual boxes).

What doesn't make sense is that in the eighties the Netherlands had lots of US imports with English language boxes.

But not this time?

I think they could do much better in mainland Europe if they tried. I'm really happy to have what we've had here, but I feel it's really unfair that most of continental Europe hasn't had any of these in stores. I am certain there are enough pony fans in the Netherlands, Spain and Germany alone to sell a LOT of these, never minding the kids. Even if the box was in English, couldn't they just print safety labels in the native language and stick them on?

And if our customs rules get messed up at the end of the year (looking likely ><) then importing them from the UK is just going to cost more again for those people (sigh).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
Also there's no need to call stuff I like ( chibi stuff) ugly.  I actually wouldn't let any children touch anything I own though.

I guess I'm the minority.  I don't like having a bunch of reproductions. I would rather have a new style of something to collect or new spins on the old designs.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 07:29:08 PM »
I just hope they release Sundances! A repro Sundance and Megan set would be adorable.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »
I actually love them. Holding them gives me such a fantastic feeling of nostalgia.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
I just wish they would come to Australia  :cry:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »
Cheeb stuff is cool. And I'm mainly buying those that originally didn't age well - I was really hoping they'd make year 3 seaponies, but I guess not :pout:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »

Girl, I feel you!!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 12:46:22 AM »

Girl, I feel you!!

Man if shipping there wasn't so much I would try to help. Even though they are hard to find I see their popularity here falling so it is easier,

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 05:20:26 AM »
I just hope they release Sundances! A repro Sundance and Megan set would be adorable.
I still think this should have been the sdcc thing. But I am still resentful they chose majesty...

More mashems would be amazing....

Not really a fan of chibi everything since it is overdone. But mashems would be fine...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 08:21:10 AM »
Also there's no need to call stuff I like ( chibi stuff) ugly.  I actually wouldn't let any children touch anything I own though.

I guess I'm the minority.  I don't like having a bunch of reproductions. I would rather have a new style of something to collect or new spins on the old designs.

For a bit there I jumped on the "I need an army of my favorite ponies" but now I have pulled away from it. I guess buying a house and having limited space I want more variety and different things to look at. I agree with you that new spins on old designs are cool, to have g1 AJ in both poses, g3 AJ, and g4 AJ all together is much cooler to me than having 35 of the same pose AJ.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 09:01:54 AM »
I’ve bought a few of the basic fun ponies, and I hope to get a few more, but I don’t see the point of recreating my entire vintage collection with a repro collection, you know?  I’m not personally interested in the Stranger Things AJ, but I like the idea of ‘specialty’ ponies like that more than endless waves of G1 reproductions.

Elf

This basically sums up how I feel, too. I'm not an army person - or well, I've never been the type to collect the same thing over and over. I like variety! I love that the repros are a thing, but I won't be buying all of them. I don't need to buy the same things over again.

It'd be nice if they could come out with something new in addition to the reproductions. Then everyone wins. :) Now, if they could make some of the unreleased/prototypes... THEN we'd be talking. ;)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »
While I haven't been able to buy any of them really (because Target is out of my way every day) to me they are not as stale as G4. G4 was really stale in what they were doing, the same 6 characters in singles while a single background character everyone wants gets lumped into a pack with the main 6 (I'm looking at you Minty).

I'm glad Basic Fun is the one doing this though, when Hasbro tried they basically failed. We may get to see the return of certain ponies in better shape than the ones that have aged from 30 years ago. They won't be perfect but still nice to have.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 10:22:53 AM »
I adore them and have bought most of them thus far. I totally agree with everyone saying that Basic Fun is kinda beating Hasbro at their own MLP Game. G4 hasn't been super exciting for me lately. And it's a great point that these are better for kids to play with than actual old G1s!

I will say that I don't know how long I could justify collecting these repros if they keep making more and more, being that I do have so many of the originals haha. I would absolutely continue buying my favorite ponies though (of which there are many lol).

Also agree that it would be cool if they started changing things up a little, making variants or prototypes that never came to be in G1. OMG, how about G2 or G3 ponies in G1 molds? At that point I would just have my paychecks sent directly to BF.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal