collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check German Night Light  (Read 1955 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Price check German Night Light
« on: July 12, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »
I’m still paying my hospital bills so not going for one right now. I’ll admit though since I used to collect her and had so many of them she is the one I miss from my collection. How much does she usually go for now, both symbol sizes? When it comes to her I prefer pretty close to mint if I can or one in rough shape for cheap. Either one end of the spectrum or the other. I’m curious what she runs for now usually.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: Price check German Night Light
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:50:47 AM »
Hmm since I've recently got her myself and I paid almost 200, but she wasn't really mint. I know one just sold on Ebay for 400 but she was SUPER mint!

I've seen another who was in bad shape sell for 120. So it really depends. Hope this helps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
Kinda makes me feel bad for selling mine. I originally had five of them and two were very mint. I sold everyone like hmm three years ago or four but at the time even my really nice ones went for like $150. That’s a big mark up.

Formerly Maddie

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 12:44:24 AM »
The prices for Nightlight went up like crazy. About a year and a half ago, she was probably like 100€ mostly. And now you won't get any under 150€ - that's crazy.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »
I would think between $150-200 each, it is hard to tell if the symbol size will make a difference now? I know the smaller symbol version was considered harder to find, so buyers would pay more for her. I am not sure if this is still true.

Nightlight is always popular!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
I saw there are a few on EBay for like $450 and $400. Isn’t that a bit extreme? Neither of them are perfect and even the small symbol one has a rubbed area through the symbol. I did notice one bad sold for $400 but didn’t investigate the listing. I didn’t know if that one was just so amazingly nice it was insane or what.

Pandabear Chan: True, I guess she has always been popular and I do miss my group of girls that I had for ages. On the same hand imwhen I sold them they helped pay for the deposit on my Clydesdale, so I guess I cannot complain. In the end between my nirvana collection and resin model horses I was able to buy my horse without spending just my everyday income in her. That was nice, but I’ll still have to hunt a Nightlight.  :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
I saw there are a few on EBay for like $450 and $400. Isn’t that a bit extreme? Neither of them are perfect and even the small symbol one has a rubbed area through the symbol. I did notice one bad sold for $400 but didn’t investigate the listing. I didn’t know if that one was just so amazingly nice it was insane or what.

Pandabear Chan: True, I guess she has always been popular and I do miss my group of girls that I had for ages. On the same hand imwhen I sold them they helped pay for the deposit on my Clydesdale, so I guess I cannot complain. In the end between my nirvana collection and resin model horses I was able to buy my horse without spending just my everyday income in her. That was nice, but I’ll still have to hunt a Nightlight.  :lol:

It is HARD to price ponies now -_- between Facebook, Instagram, eBay and private sales, it is no loner easy to get an over all view of what ponies are selling for now. Plus people don't seem to be selling on here as much as they use to, we certainly still get price checks asked for, but the sales nirvana forum is quieter. I have also noticed that prices can vary significantly depending on the place you sell them (i.e. eBay, Facebook, Instagram), or even the Facebook group you are a member of.

:huh: I find it really tricky to get things "right" these days.

Love pkw xxx

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 09:41:01 PM »
Aww, sorry to h at that Pink. You were always my go to person for price checks. I do appreciate the help though. Hopefully one pops up a little more align with what I would want to pay.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
I think it's the nature of the beast, but I've also noticed NL's price has gone up lately. I've not been paying attention to the symbol differences but I think the problem is that when people realise a pony is rarer, it immediately gets a price hike from people who aren't collecting. And that has a knock on effect. Also with newer members coming in and not necessarily knowing how to price things...or maybe they see one for sale somewhere at $500 and then see one on ebay for $300 and think, wow, great deal, and so buy it...

I would have expected her to be in the 100-150ish range in Euros which is probably the most common currency. But within the US she might be more expensive.

She's one of those ponies with a popular colour scheme and a very limited distribution so that's not good for the wallet.

There was a MOC one a while back. Did anyone see how much that sold for?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
I actually had that one saved just to see how it ended up. It doesn’t show up as sold or in my list anymore as having been sold. I’m unsure if someone pulled it or what.

I see there is a MOC for sale on FB. I’m assuming it might have been the one from EBay and just didn’t sell? I don’t know though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:26:33 PM by Maddie »

Formerly Maddie

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 07:34:02 AM »
Aww, sorry to h at that Pink. You were always my go to person for price checks. I do appreciate the help though. Hopefully one pops up a little more align with what I would want to pay.

It is not your fault, times have changed and so has they way people sell online, especially with all the Facebook groups. It just means pricing in general can be tricky, my worry is that I might get things wrong. I always try encourage other people to post and for people to have a look themselves :bigups:

It was easier in the "olden" days :P

I remember that MOC, I am sure there was a thread on her too.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal