collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Countdown for those little beans (rat pups)  (Read 1947 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown for those little beans (rat pups)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:24 PM »
She isn’t the only girl I have pregnant just the one that is close to having her babies. My other ladies are a little further off. I had put several with the males around the same times (try to have a few at the same time in case something goes wrong and someone needs to foster babies), but apparently in the summer they don’t breed as often. I know most people have theirs like in sheds etc but mine are in the house in their own room so figured they would do about the same.

You know I’m not sure if you could ultra sound a rat. I mean, mine see my vet often enough but haven’t asked about that in particular. I had one female during the winter she looked like she would pop and ended up having around 13. This female is a bigger girl and carries her weight differently. Im going to say less than ten but she might surprise me.

The male and female are both from a new line I haven’t worked with but my friend has some. We kinda chart our rats and keep up with lines. A few months ago someone brought in some new rats and her and I divided them up to work with them. I know the buck has quickly become one of my favorites because of his easy going temperament and pretty color. My best friend loves him and threatens to steal him. The female came to me a little older (not saying old I mean she might have been four months instead of the younger ones I get). She is a pretty sweet doe, both of them are rats I wouldn’t have issues with say my students holding (I have a trio of rats that are my students class rats that travel back and forth with me to work). I’m expecting a good bunch from these two, fingers crossed at least. The idea is since it’s a new line none of these would be pets yet, but my friend and I will split up the babies and work with them and see what personality traits they have, but they came from a known breeder and she has sweet rats so these should be good kiddos. I’m excited to see what odd colors I will get since the mom is what we think is agouti but the Marten has marbeled and skewed her color so no telling what I’ll end up having.

I do have a really cute black female Marten I need to take pictures of. She is with my females that are still growing and is super sweet. She is growing a little slower than the others so have been giving her a different block and some extra protein. She is cute though.

I have to clean cages this weekend. I’ll try to get s picture or mom’s belly. I’ve handled her everyday, but I’ve also tried to just keep her relaxed and not bother her too much since she has been nesting. She doesn’t say no though to a little scrambled egg.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal