collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what pony do you recommend?  (Read 1045 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
what pony do you recommend?
« on: July 07, 2019, 11:44:14 AM »
Hello,

Now everybody has a favourite pony. However, do you also have a pony that you really love, but doesn't seem to be that popular. Why would you recommend getting that pony, and not somepony else? What do you find so great about them? I would personally recommend hopscotch (I've had her but not anymore). She had a lovely colour and mane, plus her cutie mark was very fun. The pony I have and do recommend is bonnie bonnets. She is very cute and seems just like a shy lovely lady to me.

So who do you recommend?

Please let me know :)

Cheers,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what pony do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 11:53:21 AM »
I agree with you on Bonnie Bonnets! For me I would say G-3 Lovely Ladybug. Her accessories are so cute! Reminds me of a little kid trick or treating.. As of G-1, I would say cherries Jubilee or posey. I love the flower and fruit symbols!
Can't wait to see what others post!  :)

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:14:34 PM »
I agree with you on Bonnie Bonnets! For me I would say G-3 Lovely Ladybug. Her accessories are so cute! Reminds me of a little kid trick or treating.. As of G-1, I would say cherries Jubilee or posey. I love the flower and fruit symbols!
Can't wait to see what others post!  :)

I know tight! I'm so hyped to receive my cherriesjubilee. Plus posey is also great. Great that you also included a g3 :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »
Sweet Pop comes to mind. I had her as a child and reacquired her as a Christmas prezzy to myself a couple years back. Her body is a charming shade of popsicle blue, her hair colors are distinct and her symbol is great. She's not unloved, but she is shoved outta the limelight by fellow TE Pegasi Whizzer and Masquerade.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 01:13:39 PM »
Sweet Pop comes to mind. I had her as a child and reacquired her as a Christmas prezzy to myself a couple years back. Her body is a charming shade of popsicle blue, her hair colors are distinct and her symbol is great. She's not unloved, but she is shoved outta the limelight by fellow TE Pegasi Whizzer and Masquerade.

Good to know she is so great! I'll have to think about her next month, when I'm buying ponies again :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline magoobear

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 02:38:45 PM »
Strangely not thought of often .. bright eyes twinkle eye , I absolutely adore her for no apparent reason , but enough to own 8 of her .. lol
Oddly her symbol is a clock and I hate getting up on time , I'm not a morning person either!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
G1 Sugar Apple and G3 Royalette are my picks for most underrated ponies, Sugar Apple being a pony with great colors and Royalette being so pretty she's my favorite g3.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 05:39:19 PM »
I would go with Blueberry Baskets shes just so pretty or Twinkle Eye Locket any pony that holds the key to ponyland is one I want.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 06:17:00 PM »
Not unpopular, but I'd always recommend neon or tropical-looking ponies over regular pastel ones... yellow body with pink and green hair ponies are also my favourites!

For singled out characters, of course I'd pick Guava Lava, because she's both tropical, and yellow/pink/green. :lol: Rainbowberry is another G3 I never seen talked about... and Savannah Sage, Denim Blue and ugh, SAPPHIRE SHORES!! :heart: I feel like a lot of Friendship Ball ponies go unappreciated, the only 2004 ponies that really got the spotlight were Star Catcher, Desert Rose, and Skywishes...

Speedy is one of my favourite G1s because her colours are soooo unique! I think she'd be forgotten about if she wasn't a Twinkle Eye, but I'd love her just as much because she's gorgeous! Tutti Frutti is another awesome pony that even I forget about exists.

G2s are kinda samey and I share a lot of popular opinions so I can't name any hidden gems....

G4? Hmm...... I like Lemony Gem a lot I suppose... I wish Cherry Spices would've gotten a brushable, her colours are lovely and unique.

G3.5 for completion's sake, I LOVE the curly-haired Pinkie Pie. If you have to have one G3.5, it needs to be her! I wish more ponies had fun hair like this.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 06:32:33 PM »
G3 Sweetberry has always been a favourite of mine, but seemed to be a less popular pony (but since she was one of the first 8 released, there was thankfully still merch around to find).
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 01:43:49 AM »
I always feel the Sweet Talkin' ponies are very underrated. I guess they're not everyone's cup of tea, but my German talking ponies are among my favourites (though some of that is probably because I've invented personalities and stories for them and got fond of them). There's just something undeniably cute about that little face looking up at you and saying (in a surprisingly bossy voice) "Kammst du mein Haar? Ich hab dich lieb'!" I also love their unique(?) pose and lovely silky hair.

Dance n Prance ponies seem underrated too, but they have such pretty colours (DJ's lovely shade of blue!) and their dancing is cute too.

I also love the Baby Ballerinas' poseable legs, they're fun. Basically I just really like gimmicky ponies :lol:.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 09:13:18 AM »
Soft Sleepy Newborns. Not only are they HUGE (so much pony to love), they have accessories and are interactive!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 01:53:19 PM »
Flutterbye :heart: I absolutely adore her colors, and she has one of the best backcard stories plus she is a rainbow pony :rainbow:

For other gen I actually really, really like G3 Breezie (not the breezies, but the white regular pony that came with a scooter). She is one of the prettiest G3 in my opinion ^.^
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »
Shady.

The Movie Star one.

The SS tends to get the attention, but yeah, the Movie Star one is special. And a deflock doesn't cut it, because the SS is not as vivid under the fur as the regular one is :)

She always really stood out for me as a kid, because her colours are so vibrant and make such a statement.

I still think she looks pretty awesome.

(Also happy to see a nod for CJ, she has become a favourite of mine too now after years of abusing my childhood one because I didn't like her pose xD)

For G3, Spring Parade. or Lucozade Pony, as I call her. Because that's a brave brave colour choice. And yet it makes her different, so I like it :D Also, although I don't like the diva pose, Diva Wysteria is actually very attractive. She's sitting here on my shelf in London and she's growing on me more and more all the time.

For G4 - the Rainbow Power Cheerilee has really pretty colours. A lot of that line are really nice actually. I like a lot of the more obscure pony characters but since Cheerilee has multiple releases I'm going to draw attention on this specific version (though I actually think her colours are nice on most versions).

For G2...It's probably not that uncommon to say it, but I have to put in a word for Water Lily. However - and I don't know how popular or otherwise this opinion is, but my favourite G2 pony is Berry Bright and has been from the very start. I love her yellow-pink mane and I love the colour combination of her body and her hair. Because her set are more common and were sold everywhere she doesn't get as much attention as she could, and she was never rereleased so even Hasbro/Kenner didn't love her that much - but I think she's beautiful :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:39:23 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »
For G3s I'd strongly suggest Aurora Mist. Her colors are soft and dim and beautiful. Her jewel sparkles brightly and her symbols are nicely detailed.

For G4s, I'd suggest Princess Sterling. She has a great mix of pastel and a bit of neon, with her red streak being the same as ponies like Skyflier and Sparkler. The gradient on her wings is nice and she has the pleasant illusion of orange in her mane.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal