collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: friends in California, earthquakes. ..  (Read 1819 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
friends in California, earthquakes. ..
« on: July 06, 2019, 12:30:25 AM »
my heart goes out to you.
did it effect you? if so please talk and share.
i had pts after ours in christchurch NZ. i found talking helps  :)

xx
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: friends in California, earthquakes. ..
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:27:38 AM »
Stay safe everybody.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
I live in southern California (Los Angeles) but was in Arizona and Nevada during the earthquakes. I didn't feel the first one while in AZ, but I felt another one while in the southern tip of Nevada. I was on the 18th floor of a hotel when we felt the shaking and rolling and saw the curtains swaying back and forth. It was pretty scary!
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:22:13 AM »
I live in southern California (Los Angeles) but was in Arizona and Nevada during the earthquakes. I didn't feel the first one while in AZ, but I felt another one while in the southern tip of Nevada. I was on the 18th floor of a hotel when we felt the shaking and rolling and saw the curtains swaying back and forth. It was pretty scary!

oh gosh how scary for you :( i couldn't think of a more scary place to be, up high in a building. hugs

wanted list
for trade

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 03:18:52 AM »
I'm Long beach and upstairs. Boy oh boy did it roll. Took me off guard. My cat however barely stirred.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 01:46:08 PM »
I'm Long beach and upstairs. Boy oh boy did it roll. Took me off guard. My cat however barely stirred.
really i thought cats and dogs were super sensitive to quakes. by the time our quakes happened we had given our cats away before the kids were born. i often wondered how they would have reacted 

wanted list
for trade

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

I bet it was when you were that high up. While earthquake magnitude always matters of course, generally the higher you are the more you feel them. I have lived in a one story house, a three story condo and now in a two story house, all in Orange County, Ca. My husband and I felt the first couple (at home) and then we were traveling in Nevada during the other larger one and felt that as well.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 02:35:45 AM »
I still think it weird that I spent 3 months in Japan and didn't feel a single earthquake, but there have been three or four mini ones back home where my parents live here in the UK...

I'm quite happy not to live in an earthquake centre though. I'm glad you guys who experienced it are all safe.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 03:10:25 AM »
I still think it weird that I spent 3 months in Japan and didn't feel a single earthquake, but there have been three or four mini ones back home where my parents live here in the UK...

I'm quite happy not to live in an earthquake centre though. I'm glad you guys who experienced it are all safe.

thats weird ...uk having earthquakes. is that a new thing ?  or just a one in a blue moon thing.  there are so many things the uk has and we dont and vise versa, though in Auckland earthquakes are very rare and down in christchurch NZ, little shakes was the normal thing growing up down there.
anyways i still till this day shed a tear for the big one that hit Japan in 2011 and they were helping us just one month before hand with ours
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:19:32 AM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 04:56:02 AM »
really i thought cats and dogs were super sensitive to quakes. by the time our quakes happened we had given our cats away before the kids were born. i often wondered how they would have reacted 
He actually threw a fit before it happened. Yowling and fussing at me. But when the actual earthquake hit he was on the balcony with my husband and just loaded in a chair and trotted back in after it stopped.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
He actually threw a fit before it happened. Yowling and fussing at me. But when the actual earthquake hit he was on the balcony with my husband and just loaded in a chair and trotted back in after it stopped.
yeah its funny i heard they can sense it before us humans can and go a little nutty

wanted list
for trade

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »

thats weird ...uk having earthquakes. is that a new thing ?  or just a one in a blue moon thing.  there are so many things the uk has and we dont and vise versa, though in Auckland earthquakes are very rare and down in christchurch NZ, little shakes was the normal thing growing up down there.
anyways i still till this day shed a tear for the big one that hit Japan in 2011 and they were helping us just one month before hand with ours

We have had earthquakes in Sweden, I think I've experienced three or four during my life. It's definitly a once in a blue moon but they do happen and usually we think it's an exotic thing and get excited, it's always a feeling of 'was it real' until authorities give confirmation. But then you see what happens elsewhere and the damage they do on people and you just realise that we're lucky to only get tiny ones. The one in Japan and NZ was just horrible to see and read about. The largest one we've had was a four if I remember correctly, I remember a glass vase in a shelf was about to hit the floor but mom was fast to grab it.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 10:44:39 PM »
I've been thinking of you. I loathe earthquakes, but like Shabby, I live way too close to them!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 04:27:33 AM »
Me: is this vertigo or an earthquake???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal