collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stranger Things 3 Spoiler discussion thread  (Read 4533 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Stranger Things 3 Spoiler discussion thread
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
Did anyone call before it cut off to confirm?

Never mind the number still works.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:06:10 PM by Maddie »
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2019, 08:23:13 PM »
I too wonder if a Will is going to powers. And I am curious as to whether Eleven’s powers will change.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2019, 08:29:44 PM »
I just knew Hopper/Joyce would happen eventually because they killed Bob, who was the perfect man for her. So predictable. With all the mess Joyce went through you'd think Hopper would relate to her but he kept going on and on about his dead daughter like Batman and his dead parents. Joyce lost Bob and Hopper was just happy she was available again to be his wife replacement.

Yeah... Where they were wanting to go with Hopper felt all over the place. I felt like he would pair up with Joyce from season 1, and I still wasn't shocked when Bob was written out so that could happen. But certain scenes going back to season 1 also made me feel like Hopper had death flags on him. When it didn't happen, I was thinking that they were going to keep him as a recurring character throughout the series.

Poor Joyce. It just becomes frustrating at a certain point that she just can't have happiness. It was really nice in the first season when she got Will back, but it feels like that's the limit of the happiness she is allowed.

Also yeah, Hopper and Joyce's fights just didn't feel right. He seemed like a better man than that in earlier seasons (from what I can remember - the only thing I really remember souring my opinion of him earlier was when he sold out the location of El to the people in the lab).

It's nice to see a wide variety of flawed characters, but when those flaws feel forced it's different.

My husband binge watched it. He loves this show. I stuck around for a little bit because I love the 80s throwbacks but I started not being able to be in the room while it was on because it was way too gruesome for me. Horror isn't really my thing <<

Agreed. I got myself watching this for some reason, but I absolutely hate horror. I don't know why I watched it. Oddly enough while Season 3 was very gross, it felt like a different kind of horror than the first two seasons. That made it a little easier to watch, but no, still too gruesome.

TBH, the horror actually feels tacked onto this series. They mention numerous times that the Mind Flayer has a more nuanced goal with what it wants to do in the world, yet they still have to have the horror human-eating monsters. As I said, that just feels tacked on to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
From outside stuff I've read including some interviews with the dude himself, I think they know Hopper is in an uncertain place character-wise right now. I also think that they intentionally left his fate up in the air incase he didn't return to the show.

I'm guessing that his time spent in the Upside Down and then as a prisoner (if that's indeed what happened to him at the end) is going to be an excuse to rewrite him. His character is probably going to change or finally get a solid "this is what Hopper is about" feel.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2019, 03:56:30 PM »
I really like Hopper over all and I hope that any changes in the future are for the better and that he doesn’t come back as the villain or as a ghost or something.

But it occurs to me some benefits to this turn of events for the show.  Next season there will be, literally, a new sherif in town.  And the kids will no longer have an authority figure who is looking out for them, covering their tracks, or helping with investigating.  So it might return more of that “something weird is going on and no one believes us” vibe.  And the kids, Joyce, and Murray will have to get more creative in their investigating skills.

I’m very curious if the plan is to follow El and the Beyer’s family or stay in Hawkins and follow whoever is left there.  Or will they flip back and forth till they come together at the end?  Or not start the story until they are all together for a holiday?

I feel like the most story potential is with El and Will.  El starting school for the first time in a new town would be rife with both drama and comedy potential.  Especially considering she would have trouble adjusting socially and won’t have a built in group of friends to fall back on.  And Will would have his own troubles fitting in most likely.

My last thoughts are that in the last season ( whether it’s 4 or 5) I want more of the adults to get caught up in the shenanigans.  In particular, Mrs. Wheeler, Dustin’s mom and the science teacher.  In fact, I can just see a small side story where Dustin’s mom and the science teacher go through something trying to save the kids and then end up together romantically.

Offline pawpatrolbab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Never be afraid to be yourself
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 04:12:38 PM »
My heart broke the last episode, especially El reading Hoppers letter. I really hope he's not dead
🌈Wordpress Blog: https://natescoloringbook.wordpress.com/
✨Tumblr Blog: https://crayoncritter.tumblr.com/
I don't have much of a collection anymore due to immigrating but I hope to bring my trade score up so I can participate in the future! Always open and looking to make friends with fellow adults 💙 Please don't hesitate to shoot me a message!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2019, 08:33:47 AM »
We saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to Season 4.

Hubby laughed when I dubbed the Russian hitman guy as the "Fake-inator" :D it's pretty obvious he was supposed to be Arnie-like.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal