collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who is do you need to complete a set? why did or didn't you get them?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Hello,

Now I like complete sets. I like the idea of a complete set but won't complete all sets because of some ponies I don't really like. my current set completer i have yet to get is baby quackers. I haven't gotten her yet because i haven't found one, yet I almost have 2 baby fifi's....1 is a bait tho. Furthermore I'm close to completing the second wave of rainbow hair ponies, only missing trickles and starflower. I need 3 more of the first set too. And night taf glider and taf Buttons.

All these ponies got me thinking, who is your set completer.
Are you gonna get them? why/why not? If you have them, why is this the last one set? Was it unavailable or unpopular?

Please let me know :)

Cheers,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Baby Sugarcake.

For me she's not just a 'set completer'.

Without counting variations of existing ponies*, I think she is the last mainstream G1 pony that neither my sister nor I have between us...across the UK, US, and European HK/China store and MO releases.

It's been that way since the early 2000s.

The reason is obvious.

She's way. way. way out of my price range.

I was lucky to get other expensive ponies like Rapunzel very early on in trades, when pony values were different and ponies in general were all much cheaper - but I never did manage to do that with Sugarcake, so she remains elusive :'(

*We still need a MO Sprinkles but I tend to ignore her because she's like a hybrid of Firefly and Sprinkles, neither of which being ponies I like very much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
I'm trying to collect the whole 2007 Best Friends Scented ponies set. I have three out of the seven: Soda Float, Strawberry Surprise and Party Cake. I don't have the rest because I keep losing autions at the last minute, or can't find them for sale!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
Well, I’m not really a set completer - but there actually was one set I wanted to complete when I started. The first set of flutters. I wanted them as a kid, so I thought that would be nice. But then when I had all (except Forget-me-not), I ended up selling Lily and Honeysuckle. Because I just don’t want to keep ponies I don’t really, really love. So now I have Rosedust and Peach Blossom because both were gifts from my sister. And Morning Glory, because she surprised me and I ended up loving her most of all the flutters!

I also have this thing that I want to complete Momme/baby pair from my childhood. I never did have both mom and baby as a kid, and that really was something I missed. My sister had that, and I always felt bad for my orphan babies  :cry: So most of the ponies outside my original childhood collection was bought to fit in with my childhoods. The only baby (that comes with a mother) that is still missing her mother is Baby Ribbon. I never cared for the SS ponies, but I always felt a Little bad for her  :lookround:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Baby Sugarcake.

For me she's not just a 'set completer'.

Without counting variations of existing ponies*, I think she is the last mainstream G1 pony that neither my sister nor I have between us...across the UK, US, and European HK/China store and MO releases.

It's been that way since the early 2000s.

The reason is obvious.

She's way. way. way out of my price range.

I was lucky to get other expensive ponies like Rapunzel very early on in trades, when pony values were different and ponies in general were all much cheaper - but I never did manage to do that with Sugarcake, so she remains elusive :'(

*We still need a MO Sprinkles but I tend to ignore her because she's like a hybrid of Firefly and Sprinkles, neither of which being ponies I like very much.

Im sorry she is so expensive. maybe one day :)

Post Merge: July 05, 2019, 06:45:15 AM

Well, I’m not really a set completer - but there actually was one set I wanted to complete when I started. The first set of flutters. I wanted them as a kid, so I thought that would be nice. But then when I had all (except Forget-me-not), I ended up selling Lily and Honeysuckle. Because I just don’t want to keep ponies I don’t really, really love. So now I have Rosedust and Peach Blossom because both were gifts from my sister. And Morning Glory, because she surprised me and I ended up loving her most of all the flutters!

I also have this thing that I want to complete Momme/baby pair from my childhood. I never did have both mom and baby as a kid, and that really was something I missed. My sister had that, and I always felt bad for my orphan babies  :cry: So most of the ponies outside my original childhood collection was bought to fit in with my childhoods. The only baby (that comes with a mother) that is still missing her mother is Baby Ribbon. I never cared for the SS ponies, but I always felt a Little bad for her  :lookround:

Oh riht the moms and babies! That is a good point, I knwo how you feel. I have some mommies and babies together but I just purchased a loose glory...oh well.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'm not a set completer, because there's almost always one pony I don't like. But I am planning on getting all 3 of the first Sea Pony set. Dunno if that counts as a complete set? I haven't got Seawinkle and Wave Dancer yet because they're not high priority right now.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I'm not too worried about completing sets, or ponies for that matter, but for certain ponies I will seek out all their accessories, like with Pony Bride, Bridal Beauty and Sweet Sundrop. I might end up getting all the Prom Queen Sweetheart Sisters and I'll try to get their accessories.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
I'm not too worried about completing sets, or ponies for that matter, but for certain ponies I will seek out all their accessories, like with Pony Bride, Bridal Beauty and Sweet Sundrop. I might end up getting all the Prom Queen Sweetheart Sisters and I'll try to get their accessories.

I do that too! I have all accessories, and back cards and stickers. So in that sense I might be a set completer :lol: The only thing I’m not in need of are original ribbons. But they do all get ribbons ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
I love completing sets! the only one I'm missing just one pony from right now, though (I have a few sets started, missing 3 or more ponies, so won't list them) are my TEs.

I had the full set, including Party Time, but in a pinch I sent my personal Whizzer in a swap. I have yet to re-buy her, as my pony funds have been lacking. One day, though! She's my prio one pony to buy, it bugs me so much this set is incomplete now, haha.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Pumpkin_Tart

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
I love completing sets! Its just so satisfying for me... the only problem I run into is  that I wait and wait forever... For example, the G-1 candy cane ponies is one of my favorite sets w/ the sweetberries
I had a beautiful Sugar Apple once w/ scent and original curl but I was trying to start up my ebay sooo….
Still want to buy one again...still bugs me...

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Who is do you need to complete a set? why did or didn't you get them?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »
I've needed Ringlet to complete my Rainbow Curls for a long time, but I'm always self-sabotaged by my own pickiness. I know a Ringlet without wing rubs will come along someday, but it's hard to be patient sometimes.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »
I would definitely not be a set completer if I had started (re)collecting MLP later on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 11:44:20 AM »
Completion is fun for me but I'm really loosey-goosey with it. My favorite set of ponies, the Sunshine ponies, just got completed a few months ago. Why? I don't know, couldn't tell you. Same with my tropical ponies. If I find my set completer in the wild, fun! But I'm not all that worried about it.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »
I like to complete sets too, Baby Quackers eluded me for ages!  I'm not fully sure who else I need without checking my check list but Tornado would complete my Mountain Boys!

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 03:05:29 AM »
I've never completed a set but i would really like to one day. right now i'm keeping an eye out for baby explorer and pretty beat, who will complete the starlight babies and rockin' beat ponies which are two of my favourite sets!

i'm kind of surprised at the number of people who are looking for baby quackers because for me it's her mum that's impossible to find :huh: the curse of weird regional releases strikes again

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal