collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Ponies and dragons in Europe...?  (Read 4155 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Ponies and dragons in Europe...?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 05:46:51 AM »
I have always been glad we had Dragons. Dragons are better! Lol.
But did they help kill Lavan?
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 09:25:45 AM »
I have always been glad we had Dragons. Dragons are better! Lol.
But did they help kill Lavan?

The UK Princesses didn't run around like spoiled brats wanting to be Queen, so it's an academic question.

And this thread is about the toy line and releases of toys in Europe. Not how they were represented in an American cartoon show...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Punaherukka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
Finland had dragons. I vividly remember getting Serena as a gift on my 5th birthday. I still have the green little dragon that came with her.

Oh! That is interesting! Does this mean you also had perhaps others that were released in Sweden too? Such as the Mountain Boys, baby Applejack and Truly/Cupcake from the Pony Friends set?

Sorry for hijacking the thread a little, but I so rarely meet Finnish collectors and I know so little of the distribution of MLP in Finland :blush:

I'm not a very professional collector, so my knowledge of what was sold in Finland relies on my childhood memories. I don't know if Baby Applejack and Truly/Cupcake were sold here. I never saw them, but they could still have been sold here. I'm pretty sure Mountain Boys weren't, though.

Maybe a more knowledgeable Finnish collector could confirm?

The dragons were big on my wish list as a kid, but I could only get one princess pony. I kept an eye out for them at thrift stores. Neighbor's kid had the yellow one and I envied her so.

We also got the UK comics, translated to Finnish of course. My parents didn't buy them often for us, though, they didn't like reading the stories for my sister and me (such picky readers). But I remember there being few dragon related stories. The Finnish name of the green dragon was Naskali (that literally means piercer, the tool you use to make holes). The blue one was either Noki or Nokinenä (Soot or Soot-Nose).

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 12:32:22 PM »
I think I have a couple of the Finnish comics somewhere xD. Also some of the German ones....

I remember there was a Finnish collector in the community who had an almost moc Ice Crystal. But I don't know where she had him from. It was a very long time ago. She came from a city in the north of the country. I don't remember any more details than that though now.

Princesses and Dragons are one of the nicest sets of the middle/later 80s for me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
@Punaherukka:, Thanks for the info :) In my experience, childhood memories can help a lot! They give you some direction and then you can father more information to confirm or reject what you thought to be true :nod:

I also grew up in the 80/90’s, and due to childhood memories I have found out a lot about MLP distribution in Norway ;) So interesting that you had the dragons, but not the mountain boys... It would be fun to find out if you had the UK PnC set with baby AJ, or if you had the boxed set of first babies instead (or both :lol: ). I Wonder if you followed Sweden, or if you had your own distribution with different releases. I am a Little bit geeky when it comes to distribution in Scandinavia  :lookround:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
I am a Little bit geeky when it comes to distribution in Scandinavia  :lookround:

You have no idea how happy it makes me that you are, because I'm so much the same way about the UK XD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
I am a Little bit geeky when it comes to distribution in Scandinavia  :lookround:

You have no idea how happy it makes me that you are, because I'm so much the same way about the UK XD.

Haha! Yes, I find it super interesting and then I usually need to remind myself that not everyone is like me :lookround: Which makes me super Happy every time I find someone who shares my joy of digging up all kind of info on ponies :biggrin:

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 01:59:21 PM »
Sweden har the dragons, in regular UK boxes. :)

@Taffeta: yes, Scandinavia is a mess :lol: It makes sense though that Sweden would have the dragons. They followed your releases much more closely than we did in Norway. They had the first set of PnC babies (with AJ), they had the Mountain boys and I even think they had that lilac buggy with baby Lemondrop? Not sure though. We had none of those in Norway.

We did have baby Lemon Drop, but not the with the Purple stroller as in the UK (although, some say they had the Purple one, but that would probably be due to some local store import).  Instead we had the spanish version with the pink stroller. Although, the package was in English (you can se mine, Swedish sold spanisg baby here in the nirvana gallery :) )

Finland I dont know much about, but as already mentioned, Denmark seems to have had a lot of Italian ponies. They even had a lot of cards in danish, wich is quite odd, since it is such a small country.  The only thing I have seen in Swedish is Megan and Sundance.
In Finland, (and  possible Denmark too I suspect) they had the baby buggy with cuddles, that included Lemon Drop. Im pretty sure that set was never available in Sweden.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline katrine2309

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
@Leikin: Thank you, thank you for adding info! So you actually had Spanish baby Lemon Drop? Interesting! You didn’t have the Baby Buggy with Cuddles at all in Sweden?

Offline Leikin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »
@Leikin: Thank you, thank you for adding info! So you actually had Spanish baby Lemon Drop? Interesting! You didn’t have the Baby Buggy with Cuddles at all in Sweden?

Yes, we had the baby buggy  with cuddles in Sweden, I had her as a Child ^^. but in Finland and maybe Denmark, Lemon Drop was thrown in as an extra. They added a sticker on the box. I have the box with sticker, but mine unfortunately is missing Lemon Drop :(  One of my grails is to find that set MIB that still has her included, so I can confirm wich version of Lemon Drop it was.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 10:08:29 PM »
That's interesting and kind of like the weird inclusion of Snuzzle with the baby stroller and baby Bow Tie here in Argos...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2019, 08:34:45 AM »
That's interesting and kind of like the weird inclusion of Snuzzle with the baby stroller and baby Bow Tie here in Argos...
Oh, you had Snuzzle sold with baby Bowtie in some cases? :O  well, it seems like they did some weird matches sometimes. I can imagine Snuzzle wherent really a popular pony, being grey, where the others where quite colourfull, so maybe they had spare of her to put in with bowtie, and with the parlour.

I dont know if the baby buggy with lemon drop maybe was sold as catalogue order, I have never seen anyads about it.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »
Yeah. Only in Argos but in both 1985 and 1986 catalogues. And then in 1987 with the blue Grooming Parlour and the rare tags with Sunburst's name etc on. I guess they needed a way to get rid of Snuzzles. I don't know how it actually manifested, though, as this is the only evidence I have for it. Suspect they were just in a baggie inside the box but can't be sure. One of those questions still to be answered.

While on this subject, this is the 1986 argos catalogue, and something bothers me about the colour of that Snuzzle's symbol...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leikin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »
Yeah. Only in Argos but in both 1985 and 1986 catalogues. And then in 1987 with the blue Grooming Parlour and the rare tags with Sunburst's name etc on. I guess they needed a way to get rid of Snuzzles. I don't know how it actually manifested, though, as this is the only evidence I have for it. Suspect they were just in a baggie inside the box but can't be sure. One of those questions still to be answered.

While on this subject, this is the 1986 argos catalogue, and something bothers me about the colour of that Snuzzle's symbol...

Yeah, I guess it is harder to include her in a nice way with the strollers. With the buggy its just an extra bag that is not showing from the outside. Or if they just send her with t as an extra, not actually putting her in the box. Would be interesting to see. ^^

And mentioning the symols. She does look little italian? or a mix between italian and HK.
Or could she be her own variant?
I suspect the Lemon Drop that was included with the buggy is the odd Lemon Drop with odd HK markings. The only two I know of both originates from Finland.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
Yeah. Sort of a shade inbetween. Also a very long forelock.
Argos generally took photos themselves of actual stock - when they used a prototype image it had the company logo on it, so that was whatever was being sold. But Italian Snuzzle wasn't sold here and if she was sold in that offer I'd expect to find more...so I suspect it's just a weird example. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal